Pilares de design
O design de Ashes of Creation adere a cinco Pilares de Design.
Ao projetar o Ashes of Creation, nós aderimos cada detalhe a cinco pilares principais: História Imersiva, um Mundo Reativo, Interação entre Jogadores, Agência do Jogador, e Risco vs Recompensa. Mesmo no ambiente, tudo o que você, como jogador, faz, vai amarrar a estes pilares, enquanto tudo o que sua guilda faz, tudo o que seu servidor faz, no final das contas, vai manter o mundo fresco, sempre em mudança e, o mais importante... excitante.
Originalmente existiam "quatro" pilares de design: Economia, Nodes, Risco vs Recompensa and Narrativa.
Ashes of Creation is an upcoming MMORPG set in a world of high fantasy where player’s choices will shape and define the world around them.
- Ashes of Creation is a unique take on the MMO experience. Our world structure is dynamic and built to react to the actions of our players. Cities will rise and fall, their populations based on the history of the world as the players create it. Quests will unlock as these populations gather, their needs grow, and secrets are unlocked. As the world’s NPC structure is established in real time, players will have the ability to destroy what they’ve created, paving the way for new development, new populations, and real change. Political strife and intrigue will play a very real role in the structure of your world. Gone are the days of static worlds, change is here to stay.
- Ashes of Creation is a PvX game built on the foundational principle of risk versus reward.
- We will refine systems, we will iterate on systems, but we will never change the core identity of the intent and philosophical approach to what Ashes of Creation as an MMO brings to the MMO genre space... What we want to do is express that Ashes of Creation is endeavoring to build a risk-versus-reward centric PvX style game. And that intent and purpose will be delivered upon, and it will not change. – Steven Sharif
- The original code-name for Ashes of Creation was The World of Origins.
Quando se trata de como os MMO's têm sido projetados tradicionalmente, a maioria dos jogadores está familiarizada com dois tipos distintos de loops de jogo: o "Theme park", e o "Sandbox". A grande maioria dos MMO's que todos vimos entrar e sair na indústria de jogos tem sido da variedade de theme parks - estes jogos colocam o jogador em um caminho específico, guiando-o, com muitas vistas bonitas entre os mesmos velhos quest hubs, muito pouco em caminhos divergentes, praticamente sem liberdade na progressão do jogador. Recentemente o gênero MMO tem visto alguns jogos da natureza sandbox entrarem em cena, mas apesar da liberdade final que a sandbox proporciona aos jogadores, muitos ficam querendo mais, pois não há por definição nenhum conteúdo mundial pré-construído, nenhum toque humano, apenas a vastidão da "areia" (sandbox) por falta de um termo melhor. Assim, muitos jogadores de MMO muitas vezes se encontram presos entre a rocha repetitiva do theme park ou os vastos espaços mortos do lugar duro do sandbox. Este abismo entre o estado dos loops de jogo MMO é onde pretendemos injetar o sistema de Nodes do Ashes of Creation.
Para que a mecânica do sandbox tenha algum significado, deve haver um conteúdo curado para acompanhar as escolhas do jogador. O que significa que, como desenvolvedores, devemos criar esse conteúdo no estilo themebox, mas para cada caminho possível que a comunidade possa tomar. – Steven Sharif
Ashes of Creation has taken inspiration from various other MMORPG titles.
- In terms of what came before, we're trying to figure out who did what best and take inspiration from that: Move the genre forward; keep things updated and bring it into the 21st century. – Jeffrey Bard
- Eve Online with its regionalized economy and risk vs reward in transportation.
- ArcheAge with its building systems, transportation and naval combat.
- Star Wars Galaxies with its crafting systems.
- Lineage II with its risk vs reward, castle sieges, flagging, open world PvP and guild progression.
- A lot of the systems in Lineage 2 were based around a concept that got lost today in mmorpgs, and that's risk versus reward. You know this idea that the more you risk the greater potential reward should be present is a complete paradigm shift away from everyone's a winner, everybody gets a participation reward, and here you go, congratulations you're a player in this game; and that's boring. It gives nothing for a person to aspire to achieve something, or to feel the bite of loss when you fail. Those are the driving forces of why people want to play games and it's a reason why new games when they come out have such a short lifespan, because they are always competing with WOW. You don't have to compete with WOW. You don't have to be a WOW killer. You can focus on something that is different from a philosophical design standpoint; and I think that's just what a lot of studios today don't want to take the risk on. – Steven Sharif
There is not going to be a typical end-game in Ashes of Creation.
Part of the whole experience with nodes is that there is no real end-game, in that the world is constantly shifting every day. Month one is going to be really different from month two; and that's for the level 50s and level 1s. – Jeffrey Bard
We want the game to be a living game, which means that all content should be relevant at all times. I’d say that we try to make as little distinction between the leveling up experience and the end game experience as possible. The whole journey is important to us, in order to maximize the fun people have during different stages of the game. – Sarah Flanagan
História envolvente e imersiva
Topics that reflect the past and the present of Verra.
- Classes | Modelos | Papéis
- Raças | Religiões
- Habilidades | Aumenta
- Lore | Story arcs
- Role o jogo | Social animations
- Mapa de mundo | Pontos de interesse | Climate
- Ambientes | Underrealm | Submarino
Topics that describe how the world of Verra evolves based on player activity.
- Nodes | Tipos de Base | Estágios de Base | Zona de influência
- Economia | Player businesses | Casas de leilão
- Classes Artesãs | Coleta | Processamento | Fabricação
- Missões | Events | Tarefas
- Naval | Combate naval | Navios
- Chefes mundiais | Moedas do monstro
- Ambientes Destrutíveis
Ashes of Creation will be a living, breathing, reactive world. Your actions will shape the Zones of Influence, leveling Nodes to form massive Cities, and create the story of the world that everyone experiences. – Margaret Krohn
Interação do jogador
Game systems and mechanics that foster player interaction.
- Masmorras | Raids | Combate
- Guildas | Salões da guilda | Fortalezas da guilda | Castelos da guilda
- Dinâmicas de grupo | Saques
- Organizações sociais
- Jogos de salão
We decided to focus on mechanics that bring the idea of community to the forefront. To get people to interact with each other meaningfully – not just to conquer a raid boss, or to get some coin from a faceless auction house, but to maybe save a city. A city that all the local residents had a stake in. A city that the players had spent weeks or months developing; the defense of that city, the attack on that city! Or building a world together as a community choosing our own fate with our friends. We believe that’s going to be a story far more memorable and far more meaningful to players than just about anything we can come up with.
Agência de jogadores
Systems that grow and shape player experiences in the game.
- Armas | Armadura
- Progressão | Nivelamento
- Habitação | Carcaça do nó | Apartamentos | Propriedades
- Montarias | Mulas | Dragões
- Criador de personagens | Gear appearance
- Cosméticos | Skins | Vestuário | Acessórios
- Inventário | Consumables
We will have a lot of content that is available, but those will be behind doors that are accessible through agency on behalf of the community. In a traditional sense, no we are not a theme-park, however we will probably have more content than a theme-park does, traditionally. Just because, in order for those choices to be meaningful, there must be meaningful content behind the door you choose. – Steven Sharif
Risco versus recompensa
Activities that reward daring adventurers and foster meaningful conflict.
- World PvP | Caravanas | Guerras Guild
- Cercos de base | Cercos do castelo
- Player corruption | Caçadores de recompensas
- Conquistas | Leader boards | Parque de Conquistas
- Exploração | Caça ao tesouro
- Stock exchange (sharemarket)
The risk versus reward relationship, when, say for instance, you've dedicated time towards building a node and other players have dedicated that equivalent time towards sieging the node, there's going to be a pitched battle between those players... They spend that time doing this because they care passionately about having access to that content. – Steven Sharif
- ↑ 1.0 1.1
- ↑ Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-05-03 (11:33).
- ↑ Transmissão ao vivo, 2021-01-29 (46:48).
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Ashes of Creation MMO.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 A reactive world - Nodes.
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Transmissão ao vivo, 2022-10-28 (32:52).
- ↑ Podcast, 2021-04-11 (46:44).
- ↑ Transmissão ao vivo, 2022-10-14 (37:10).
- ↑ MMOGames interview, January 2017
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 10.2 10.3 10.4 10.5 Entrevista, 2018-08-24 (8:35).
- ↑ 12.0 12.1 Entrevista, 2020-07-29 (9:02).
- ↑ 14.0 14.1 Vídeo, 2018-04-05 (40:08).
- ↑ February 8, 2019 - Questions and Answers.
- ↑ Dillias diary.
- ↑ Transmissão ao vivo, 2018-02-09 (33:50).
- ↑ Blog - Know Your Nodes - The Basics.
- ↑ Transmissão ao vivo, 2022-01-28 (0:00).
- ↑ Ashes of Creation - A new Beginning.
- ↑ Transmissão ao vivo, 2019-09-27 (50:01).
- ↑ Transmissão ao vivo, 2018-04-8 (AM) (27:26).
- ↑ Vídeo, 2017-07-16 (0:01).
- ↑ Transmissão ao vivo, 2022-10-28 (13:53).
- ↑ Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-05-22 (38:44).