- Personal quest lines.
- Cultural quest lines.
- Regional quest lines.
All of the events are based around storytelling. All of the the narrative quests are based around storytelling. All the organizational quests are based around storytelling. You know the game is built from a story basically, so we want to make sure that there's context and relevancy for all of the actions that you're doing in the game. – Jeffrey Bard
Even player driven mechanics will still have story components. There will be a reason why the player driven mechanic is available or required of the player; so you know every system that's created touches a story. – Steven Sharif
Every stage a node develops it's unlocking narratives, storylines, it's changing the spawn population of the area around it, changing what bosses exist, it's triggering events where you may have legendary dragons attack the city. It's basically writing the story of the server based on the actions and determination of the players. So, you may experience a dungeon one month earlier and have a completely different story that relates to this location the next month, because something has changed either geopolitically or from the node standpoint. – Steven Sharif
- Mayors require certain resources.
- Edificações are required within a node.
- Social organization tasks need to be completed.
We're keeping lore very close to the chest and the reason for that is because it is very rich. It is diverse. It will have applications outside of just the MMORPG. We intend to take it much further, but I want it to be something that the players get to reveal themselves, that's not just handed to them and then the experience is lost. They should feel when they're experiencing this that it relates to them on a personal level. – Steven Sharif
It is about mythology and discovering what truths mythologies are talking about and finding out what really happened on this world so long ago; and that's part of that discovery process; and we want people to feel that throughout the game, not just in terms of lore but in terms of the world itself. – Jeffrey Bard
Missões de História
- A possibilidade de tentar novamente após falhar uma missão dependerá da progressão de base.
- Missões envolvendo cidadãos de diversas Bases são liberadas de acordo com alianças e outras relações entre as bases e sua progressão.
Haverão muitas missões diferentes com estágios no desenrolar da história; e esses estágios podem falhar. Você pode falhar uma história, o que é horrível se você parar pra pensar mas, ao mesmo tempo, é um risco que torna o seu investimento muito mais importante. – Steven Sharif
Poderão haver até grupos diferentes de missões que existem para raças específicas, e mesmo que vocês estejam dividindo uma missão para matar um chefe, se você é um humano e eu, um elfo, eu terei uma jornada diferentes que potencialmente me levará em uma direção diferente da sua, mesmo que nossa missão inicial seja a mesma; e isso poderá ser relacionado à principal cultura que contribuiu em uma base, liberando diferentes jornadas para culturas que dividem a mesma dessa principal - não com o objetivo de travar conteúdos, mas sim de dar um toque especial para que não seja tudo igual. – Steven Sharif
A raça importa pois as narrativas têm caminhos que também sãoa influenciados de acordo com a principal cultura deuma base... Se você é um Niküa e está em uma base Niküa que é predominantemente Niküa, terá certos serviços ou habilidades como membro dessa raça que outras raças não poderão acessar... Talvez eles tenham missões narrativas alternativas, mas não terão missões específicas. Assim, essas missões específicas dos Niküa vão se relacionar a uma meta-narrativa que está presente no mundo, e os jogadores teerão um certo controle sobre essa meta-narrativa; e isso será beneficial ao seu povo pois erá liberar certos conteúdos que outras raças ainda não liberaram. Então existe um incentive para progredir de maneira a impedir o progresso da raça dominante. – Steven Sharif
Player driven narrative
The world of Verra will be the same on each server, but Bases will develop differently. Different servers will have different narratives. Things that happen on one server may not happen on another.
We want as many people as possible to experience the main server Narrative. These will branch at different scales, but largely at the personal level. Where things change is at the Node level – different parts of the story will be unlocked based on where and when Nodes grow. Unlocking a part of the story in a certain way locks out progression of the story in a different way. You’ll see different antagonists, different NPCs, and different calls to action depending on what’s happening with the server at that time.
It kind of redefines what the players will experience in an MMORPG to come into a wilderness that is devoid of really any structure outside of what the community creates themselves; and then what can be created can be changed, if they want to experience a storyline that's been seen on another server, but you know you're fighting a dragon because you're near a mountain and the other server's fighting a Kraken because they're near the coast and you want to fight that Kraken because of its drop table. If you want to meta it or because you just want that under your belt: to be the server first to take out that Kraken and you have yet to develop the node there, you know it's incumbent upon you to manifest that in the game. – Steven Sharif
We're gonna keep track of the history of the world so that we can tell people the story up to the current day. A player who's brand new, who's come in at the six-month mark can take a look at each server, what each server has done, how each server has tackled the storyline; and they can decide for themselves what community they want to join; what version of the world that they want to take part in. – Jeffrey Bard
- Histórico of narrative events and when they occurred.
- Locations and last known quantity of gatherable resources.
- Locations and inhabitants of new dungeons or POIs (points of Interest) that have spawned.
- Runic power stones for armor.
- Common armor and weapon recipes (level 25 and under).
There is a small RNG chance of looting rare and legendary items or crafting materials from mobs based on the level, status and type of mob. This also applies to harvesting resources with a gathering profession.
- There is a much higher chance that materials and unique recipes are dropped that can be used to craft items of equitable value.
- Legendary equipment is only dropped by Legendary world bosses.
At each stage from Gatherer to Processor to Crafter you are required to have certain prerequisites before those elite types of materials can be essentially gathered, processed, or crafted. – Steven Sharif
- Gatherers must have high quality tools to gather rare resources.
- Processors must have high tier processing buildings on their freehold to produce rare materials.
- Crafters must also satisfy certain prerequisites to craft legendary equipment.
The amount of effort needed and interdependencies across the different types of players – between raiders and PvPers and crafters and even role players and the taverns and businesses: the processors and gatherers – all of those systems will likely have a component that lends toward creating or crafting that legendary item... We want to stay away from the highly RNGd system, and instead take our multiple progression paths that we are offering the players and put the construction components for achieving these legendary items within them so it encourages communities to work together because it's going to be difficult for just one person by themselves to gather everything. Not to say that they couldn't in an economic sense, by buying those components, that's possible. But achieving them from a time investment standpoint we want it to be considerably less RNG focussed. – Steven Sharif
There are absolutely legendary items and they're not items that are attained easily nor are they granted out in a volume. There might even be items that are single items that will exist on the server at any given time.
It will be a very ornate and detailed weapon, more so than any other weapon or piece of equipment in the game. It will also include some awesome looking effects that won't too gaudy, you know they won't be too bright and shiny so that it doesn't look good, but they will be subtle and people will notice it and know wow that guy has this weapon. – Steven Sharif
Legendary items are not intended to be temporary.
The fact there is only one of them... or very very few of them depending on what it is. I think that in and of itself is a balance component right and you need to make sure that the players who are striving for those legendary things and who are devoting the time energy, resources in order to achieve them are accurately rewarded... We do not intend on having legendary items that are temporary. – Steven Sharif
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2018-01-18 (39:08).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2019-05-30 (1:18:16).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2019-12-17 (1:10:30).
- Vídeo, 2018-04-05 (35:01).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-10-31 (29:50).
- Ashes of Creation Press Kit.
- Interview, 7 December 2016.
- Vídeo, 2018-04-05 (37:50).
- Vídeo, 2018-04-05 (37:13).
- Entrevista, 2018-10-20 (2:36:25).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2020-07-25 (1:50:20).
- Podcast, 2018-04-23 (29:56).
- Entrevista, 2018-05-11 (1:00:19).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2019-07-26 (1:13:23).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-05-15 (20:58).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-05-08 (50:32).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-05-19 (37:03).
- Interview: Ashes of Creation on Building Their Virtual World, 13 April 2017.
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-05-22 (28:02).
- Entrevista, 2018-04-20 (9:20).
- Blog: Know Your Nodes - Scientific Node Type
- Entrevista, 2020-07-18 (1:00:15).
- Entrevista, 2020-07-19 (8:43).
- Entrevista, 2020-07-20 (21:57).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 8 April 2018 (PM) (55:49).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2020-07-25 (46:08).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-05-19 (44:18).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-05-15 (38:08).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2018-07-09 (25:34).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 8 April 2018 (PM) (51:49).