Crafting and gathering is a very important component of the economy that players will have direct control over. Whether you wish to build a sprawling plantation around your house, or wish to travel the vast wilderness in search of treasure and resources.
Players must choose a path in the artisan skill tree for each character. Within each of the three parent artisan paths (Reunião, Processamento and Crafting) there are different professions. A character may only ever master one of these paths.
- Players can dabble in all professions at a "beginners" level before they decide to master a particular pathway.
- Choosing a specific path in the skill tree allows the player an opportunity to specialize in a certain area. This encourages player inter-dependency, enhancing the artisan experience.
- It is possible to master every profession within a parent artisan path, but this will be a long and labor intensive feat, requiring many resources.
- Masteries aren’t just about making an item. They grant many things, including titles, access to items, bargains, and quests. 
- Choice of profession does not affect a player's stats.
- Characters within a single account (Alts) may have different professions.
Players will have the opportunity to kind of dabble in all of the professions at a very beginners level and then you know that kind of gives them an understanding of what that profession feels like and then allows them to kind of pinpoint the direction that they want to go in to master particular professions. – Steven Sharif
When we reference not being masters of all that doesn't mean you're not a master within your own one of the three artisan types, which is you know crafter or gatherer, processor. You will be a master of one of those, you will not be master of the other two. – Steven Sharif
- Armor smithing
- Jewel crafting
- Ship building
- Siege weapons
- Weapon smithing
- Progression in the gathering artisan class unlocks higher level harvesting tools that enable gathering of higher level resources.
- Tools will have durability and tool lifespans.
- Tools may become non-repairable, requiring re crafting.
- Artisans will not need to rely on other trees in order to make their tools.
Tools do advance within the artisan tree, so your ability to either gather, process or craft will require the equivalent tools necessary at that stage of crafting in order to accomplish the task at hand. So, you could not mine copper and mithril with the same tool. – Steven Sharif
Artisan supply chain
Artisans within Cinzas da criação must choose a path in their artisan skill tree. This inter-dependency establishes a supply chain from raw materials to finished product. Each stage of the chain may require caravans to transport goods from one artisan to another.
- Obtaining raw materials:
- Refining the raw materials with the Processamento profession.
- Crafting the finished product using its crafting recipe.
As a crafter you're going to want to know where certain recipes can be fulfilled; which nodes have the capability of creating what you've processed material that you've gathered for; and then you're going to want to plan out your route to either transit the goods there or make sure that you're situated in the area so that you can go out collect and build in that area as well. So there's a lot of planning that's going to be necessary. – Steven Sharif
- Within a crafting recipe, there are dials (based on artisan specialization) that are used customize crafted items, such as:
I think Star Wars Galaxies had a great crafting system... The resource gathering and the crafting system altogether as a whole really was I think way beyond its time. That's kind of the direction we want to go, where there's choices to be made in the crafting system and those choices change what you end up with... It's not just about doing X recipe to get Y item. You know, there's actually thought involved in it and there is you know a market to be captured based on those decisions. – Jeffrey Bard
- Animal husbandry.
- Crafting stations can be located on freeholds or within nodes.
- Player-owned Taverns on freehold plots.
We want there to be progression in many systems and part of the freehold progression is that when you establish these base buildings the longer and more productive you are and exist with that freehold, the more opportunity those buildings will have to both level up: offering new bonuses, new abilities, new capabilities; and just surviving in this world is a feat in and of itself, so it's rewarded by allowing progression with those things. – Steven Sharif
- Quests that might only be gathered from the player-owned taverns.
- Meals that grant buffs for a period of time after a player leaves.
- Recipes that could potentially be sold to cooking professions, that may only be obtained from a player-owned business in a certain area.
- About Ashes of Creation.
- Livestream, 24 May 2017 (32:07).
- Livestream, 26 July 2019 (1:09:46).
- Interview, 27 March 2020 (5:25).
- Livestream, 5 May 2017 (6:12).
- Livestream, 18 July 2017 (37:25).
- Video, 30 April 2017 (10:07).
- Livestream, 30 April 2020 (54:33).
- Interview, 27 March 2020 (9:00).
- Interview, 11 May 2018 (38:25).
- Livestream, 30 April 2020 (53:11).
- Livestream, 5 May 2017 (8:22).
- Livestream, 8 May 2017 (20:41).
- Livestream, 18 July 2017 (38:30).
- Livestream, 26 May 2017 (26:00).
- Interview, 11 May 2018 (24:18).
- Livestream, 5 May 2017 (20:41).
- Livestream, 26 May 2017 (5:25).
- Livestream, 4 June 2018 (35:11).
- Livestream, 1 June 2017 (24:30).
- Livestream, 12 May 2017 (1:00:18).
- Podcast, 23 April 2018 (29:56).
- Podcast, 11 May 2018 (48:29).
- Livestream, 26 May 2017 (50:00).
- Podcast, 11 May 2018 (59:25).