All skin cosmetic items are cosmetic items only and do not grant the user any other benefit. The lore text is flavor text, and background of the creatures and items in the world of Verra.
- Equitable cosmetics, both from a quantity and quality standpoint, are achievable through in-game means. Cosmetics achievable in-game will be on-par, and in the case of legendary skins, even more elaborate than shop items.
I want to make sure that equitable cosmetics both from a quantity and quality standpoint are achievable through in-game achievements. Time, effort should let you be happy with what you can accomplish. – Steven Sharif
- There will be legendary cosmetics that are only achievable in-game that will never be offered in the cosmetic shop.
- There will not be recolors or material swaps on the monthly cosmetics as a means to populate in-game achievements.
From an armor standpoint, we cut armor sets up into many different pieces. These pieces can sometimes be used as part of other sets, that may include helmets, wrists, gloves etc. So while you will not see an achievable white version of the corvid castigator set in the game for example, you may see its shoulder piece used in another set, or its leggings, or wrist piece used in another set (not every piece as to form the whole set, but perhaps a couple pieces). This would be difficult to notice at first glance, due to the material, texture and color variation used, but this modular approach to content creation makes achieving a wide variety of looks achievable for an MMORPG of our size. – Steven Sharif
- Cosmetics can be used by all races but there may be slight variations to make them work with the body builds of each race.
- There will not be mascot looking/furry cosmetics.
It's important to remember, Ashes is a NO-BOX COST subscription only game, with an optional cosmetic marketplace. This achieves a few things from a monetization model. Having a lower barrier to entry for players to try the game when they don't have to fork out $60 for the box price is good, our box price is 0$. This also places an emphasis on the game's retention and our continual updates and content creation to keep players playing and staying subscribed (a put your money where your mouth is sort of philosophy for us as a company). It also means players don't have to spend $60 everytime there is an expansion. – Steven Sharif
Is there an answer that satisfies everyone? Nope. And that's ok. We are open and transparent with our philosophies and business model. You know what you are getting with Ashes and to me, given my experiences in other games, it is a nice breath of fresh air. – Steven Sharif
- 1 Artistic style
- 2 Obtaining cosmetics
- 3 Ashes of Creation Apocalypse cosmetics
- 4 Ashes of Creation Apocalypse cosmetic rewards
- 5 Cosmetic items
- 6 Dyes
- 7 Seasonal cosmetics
- 8 Armor appearance
- 9 Character appearance
- 10 Emoji
- 11 Skins
- 12 Ver também
- 13 Referências
- All of the art assets in Ashes of Creation Apocalypse battle royale testing mode have been created by Estúdios intrépidos.
We can push the limits a little bit on the graphical fidelity, especially using Unreal Engine 4... My desire was not to see very cartoony games. I'm not a big fan of highly stylized art. – Steven Sharif
Cash shop cosmetics will be limited in quantity, limited in time for purchase. They will be unique, but you will also have extremely difficult to gain cosmetics in game as well as unique cosmetics that look great and better... There will be a lot of cosmetics that are achievable in the game because that is a very fun aspect of MMO play. – Steven Sharif
- Equitable cosmetics, both from a quantity and quality standpoint, are achievable through in-game means.
- Nothing in the cosmetic store will be pay to win.
Nothing in our shop will ever be pay to win as we believe this practice greatly hurts the MMORPG genre.
- Cash shop cosmetics will offer a diverse selection of unique looks.
I want to incentivize purchase in the cosmetic shop for sustainability of what expansions we have intended, since we are not a box cost. I want to incentivize purchase by offering limited items: limited time, limited quantity, so you have confidence that when you purchase them, they won't be offered later on in some other way. – Steven Sharif
Providing these limited options that collectors out there like when it comes to achieving and/or purchasing cosmetics. It means something I think when players make that decision to purchase or they go through the rigorous portion of achieving those things in game that it is not just everywhere around them and becomes meaningless at that point. – Steven Sharif
- Skins are cosmetic items that do not grant the user any benefit.
- Skins are only be able to be applied to things that have already been earned, crafted or found within Ashes of Creation.
- Flavor text relates to the lore and background of creatures and items in the world of Verra.
- Costumes do not include any weapons pictured.
- Caravan skins change the appearance of an in-game mount and in-game caravan that are hooked up to each other.
- All cosmetic store items will be non-tradeable. There will be no gifting mechanism for cosmetic items.
- Wayfarer pre-order pack (History).
- Expeditionary pre-order pack (History).
- Voyager pre-order pack (History).
- Voyager plus pre-order pack (History).
We offer cosmetics for players who wish to support the project early. The exclusive nature of the limited availability is something I think collectors value. If you buy cosmetics as an MMO player, I know I enjoyed if the cosmetic is rare and not every girl at the party is wearing the same dress. In addition, these cosmetics are used to populate the world through NPC variants and color/texture changes so their offering aligns with our production schedule. The good thing about these packs is they contain no P2W advantages and there is no box cost, so from a mechanics standpoint you do not need to buy them to excel in the game on launch. And also, there are comparable and subjectively more grand cosmetics achievable in game as well. – Steven Sharif
Ashes of Creation Apocalypse cosmetics
Ashes of Creation Apocalypse cosmetic rewards
Progression and experience tracking for participation in Ashes of Creation Apocalypse testing entitled players to earn unique cosmetic rewards. These earned rewards will carry over in player's accounts to live launch of the MMORPG.
- Armor appearances.
- Freehold building skins.
- Weapon skins.
One of the ways we want to give back to the Community in participating in this testing is allowing for progress, quests, achievements rewards to be gained in Apocalypse... You will have rewards and quests and achievements that you and your participation and your performance in that game, whether it be the Castle Siege, the Horde Mode or the Battle Royale will earn you cosmetics. There will be costumes. There will be mounts to earn. There will be housing and furniture. There will be emotes. There will be weapon variants. A lot of these are what we have in production for our project Ashes of Creation, we apply some variants and skins for and make them only available through participating in helping us test these different game modes. And they will carry over to your account on the MMORPG. – Steven Sharif
The account used for Apocalypse is the same account used for the MMORPG. Unique skins earned in Apocalypse will be added to the MMORPG as rewards for helping to prepare for the Alpha and Beta stages of Ashes of Creation.
- Cosmetic skins are only be able to be applied to things that have already been earned, crafted or found within the Ashes of Creation MMORPG.
- Skins earned in Apocalypse will be available to apply at certain tiers, levels and/or access points within the MMORPG.
So it's not that you'll be able to equip necessarily an item at level one. These are all cosmetic skins. Again we are not about the pay-to-win or pay-to-convenience life. What we want to do instead is as you earn, craft, or find equipment in the MMORPG, these skins that you've earned in Apocalypse will be available at certain tiers, levels and/or access points. So for example, we have different grades of mounts right. We have the base one land mounts. We have the the Royal mounts. We have the flying mounts if you're a mayor or King or Queen. We have legendary mounts. These classes of mounts will have available skins associated with those particular classes... If you have the Ramstider skin that you've earned from Apocalypse, you'll be able to apply that to your first land mount, which will probably be earned within the first five levels you'll earn a land mount. However if you have let's say for example the Gryphon, which will be a glideable mount. I'm sorry what's the name of the what's the name of the night one. The midnight- is the midnight bird or something like? The Nighthunter Gryphon. I think that's it. If you have that skin you'll only be able to apply that skin to a Royal mount so you'll still have to earn these things. Remember our position is that of: You need to earn these things in Ashes first. They're not purchasable or earned outside in Apocalypse and you're granted that immediately. These are skins that you apply to the things you earn in Ashes. – Steven Sharif
One thing that we announced to our alpha one backers that I know they love clarity on is that we'll also be including progression and experience tracking for participation and testing that will entitle them to some unique cosmetics as well that reflect on the lore of this setting, which is before the fall. So you'll be able to acquire some armors that reflect some of the ancient cultures of Verra that you will earn and hold for live launch. – Steven Sharif
Ashes of Creation Apocalypse adventure paths
- The first chapter of Apocalypse is The Exodus. Between 15 and 20 cosmetic rewards are earnable in every chapter.
- There will be an optional Legendary Path that players can purchase for USD $10 per 10 weeks.
- The Legendary Path offers over 50 cosmetic rewards.
- Alpha-1 backers and Intrepid pre-order pack owners will be granted a lifetime compendium (battle pass) to the Legendary path.
- Alpha-2, Beta-1 and Beta-2 backers will have access to the first chapter's Legendary path, with over 50 cosmetics available to earn.
- Other Kickstarter, summer backers and pre-order pack owners will receive the first chapter of the legendary path for free for 70 days. 71 different cosmetic rewards can be earned starting from December 18th.
- The Legendary path will also have a shop for one-off cosmetics.
- Embers can be used in Ashes of Creation Apocalypse to purchase unique cosmetics or to purchase the Legendary adventure path.
- All Adventure paths in Ashes of Creation Apocalypse allow players to earn embers just for playing. Those embers will carry over into the MMORPG.
Ashes of Creation Apocalypse signup gift
- This will apply to all regions and all currently registered accounts.
- The gift will be a cosmetic accessory.
- Eye color.
- Skin color.
- Hair color.
Cosmetic items that produce in-game cosmetic effects will also be available.
- Only one dye can be used per dyeable items. A player is free do use different dyes on different dyeable items.
The Kickstarter dyes are sets of unique colors that are not obtainable by players who did not participate in Crowdfunding. These dyes are not usable as normal dyes are. Instead they are used to override the color of another dye obtained in game.
- They are assigned to a character from a user's account management page.
- They do not expire, so they may be used to continually override dye colors.
- Once a dye has been overridden it becomes a bound dye to that character, so the colors cannot be sold for in-game benefit.
- When an item is sold or transferred, color changes are reverted.
Outside of wanting to keep maybe some identity from a lore perspective; for example if you have like a white lion's suit of armor, you may not want that white lion suit of armor to be black or blue. So, it's possible. It depends on the costume itself. – Steven Sharif
I'm more of the mind that it wouldn't really serve a purpose to have bikini plate armor, just in like reality, if you're going to have armor, it should be protective. I think from a fashion statement is enjoyable for some people, but it's a kind of an immersive issue. – Steven Sharif
- There are rules when applying cosmetics to specific items, unlike costumes, which don't have level restrictions.
- Armadura will take on a racial appearance.
- Cosmetic slots can be toggled on or off by the player.
- There will be hundreds of attachments available ranging from a small clasp to the front plate of a breast plate.
Items on back and belt
Items attached to a character's back or belt represent items they are in possession of. Players can set the appearance priority for the items they wish to show. Only one item can show at a time, and that is determined by player choice.
The idea is to kind of move away from the mundane kind of application of belts in previous MMOs where they don't really have a lot of character so to speak. But in reality you know as an adventurer you come with a lot of tools and things that you have to use out in the wild in order to achieve what you're trying to achieve. So we wanted to kind of represent that on your character and give you something that can actually be tangible for your character and see there. I think it adds a lot of character and flavor to your identity. – Steven Sharif
Backer only armor skin
Your base look for the character can be pretty boring, but what Steven gave us a challenge with from day one was to make sure even the base look, the t-shirt and pants, looked amazing... This is your zero character, if you will... Then you can go in and customize everything from the shoulder pads to the elbow pads, the belt that goes around them; do you want duel belts, you want to harness the clothes in the front. So every piece you see on here you can actually customize that at the front end. So what we do is we scale that up from zero, ten and twenty... We scale it up and we customize it; and then I want to really stress that each one of those looks as you progress is different. We're not just repurposing the same armor pieces. We're making unique sets that complement each other as you progress. – Mat Broome
You can actually have three different types of themes: You have plate, you'll have leather and you'll have robe. So for every armor set that we're showing at each one of those tiers, you're actually gonna have nine unique looks to pick from. – Mat Broome
We want there to be a lot of room for people to manifest their own identity, to role play how they want to from an appearance standpoint. There's going to be parameters within which you will be able to customize a character. We want the culture and the identity of the races to exist in a range that makes them easily identifiable from other players and other cultures. So, because of that, we have to have a spectrum you can exist on. There will be a lot of hair variants you can do, body art tattoos that you can apply. You'll be able to play with the scales of the facial structure, the bones, the height, width, the body fat percentage. You'll be able to add body hair on different parts of the body. If you want to have hair on your feet, you can dial that up. – Steven Sharif
- Character models are focused on realism.
- A player will see a generic character before customization.
- Character designs will have influences from a wide range of cultures, such as European, African and Asian.
- Lolis will not be in the game.
- Body type.
- Overweight, skinny, muscular.
- Body fat percentage.
- Bone structure.
- You can't have a one inch tall character.
- There will be "boobie sliders".
- The scale is not going to be ridiculous.
- Facial structure.
- Hair variants.
- Eye color.
- Skin color.
- Facial hair.
- Body art.
- These are relative to the character's race.
- Racial skins transform the race of the character to that skin. The original racial appearance of the character is entirely replaced.
- Racial skins can be toggled on and off.
There are plans to create other racial skins.
- Some potential future ideas include undead and werewolf (lycan) skins.
Freehold building skins
- The skin changes the appearance of an in-game mount and in-game caravan that are hooked up to each other.
- The caravan and mount components of the skin are not able to be utilized separately.
You'll need your own creature and caravan hooked up to each other, and then the caravan cosmetic skin goes over all of them to make it look like what's pictured. you're not able to split out separately that caravan mount skin, hence why you'd want the separate mount skin if you wanted to ride it independently. – Sarah Flanagan
- Mounts can also be found in the wild and tamed.
- There are three different tiers of mount.
- Mount speeds are determined by the base mount that the skin is applied to.
- Cosmetic skins can be applied to the appearance of mounts that were earned in game.
- Mount skins are applicable to specific classes of mounts.
- For example, the Ramstrider skin will only be applicable to the class of land mounts (tier 1), and the Nighthunter Gryphon skin is only applicable to the class of royal mounts (tier 3).
- Certain tier 2 mount skins (such as the Emberstorm Dragon) can be upgraded to tier 3 skins if they also apply to royal mounts.
- Mounts will be purchasable from players utilizing Animal husbandry and taming.
Guild hall skins
- Costumes don't have a level restriction.
- Costumes are not gender locked.
- Costumes are one piece outfits that cover an entire (gear) set.
- All hoods, whether part of a complete costume or individual gear, will have the option to be shown or hidden on the character by the player.
- Costumes do not include any weapons pictured.
Mount barding skins
- The higher the level of barding, the better looking it will be.
- Barding will have multiple components that can be equipped. Each component will increase the stats of the mount, such as hit points and speed.
- Barding cosmetics can only be applied to mounts with barding cosmetic slots.
- Cosmetic skins may only be applied to barding/saddle items that are earned in-game.
- Barding skins' appearance may differ depending on the type of mount.
- Rime and Regal
- Ashes of Creation Reddit - Heat and Harmony.
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-05-08 (48:52).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 8 April 2018 (PM) (58:29).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2020-07-25 (1:53:46).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2019-06-28 (1:25:55).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2020-06-26 (1:42:55).
- Podcast, 2020-11-15 (49:02).
- Entrevista, 2018-10-20 (2:17:43).
- Entrevista, 2018-10-20 (2:28:08).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2018-07-09 (55:20).
- Ashes of Creation cosmetic store.
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2020-11-30 (56:02).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2018-12-06 (41:43).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2020-11-30 (58:24).
- Entrevista, 2018-05-11 (32:36).
- Ashes of Creation Store: January cosmetics.
- Blog: October Giveaway - Free Armor of the Autumn Knight.
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2018-10-31 (38:47).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2018-09-27 (27:27).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2018-12-06 (33:55).
- 2018-12-08 Newsletter.
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2018-12-06 (26:12).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2019-09-30 (1:34:34).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2018-12-06 (51:20).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2018-12-06 (1:00:52).
- Ashes of Creation Forum post
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-05-08 (48:49).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-05-26 (32:14).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-07-28 (9:47).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2020-10-30 (1:14:34).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-05-26 (3:04).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 8 April 2018 (PM) (18:48).
- Vídeo, 2016-12-22 (0:01).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2019-10-02 (29:29).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2020-05-29 (50:20).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-05-26 (19:51).
- Reddit Q&A, 8 January 2019.
- Entrevista, 2018-08-24 (5:28).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-11-17 (22:33).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2020-11-30 (57:50).
- Podcast, 2018-08-04 (53:43).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2018-02-09 (50:29).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2020-07-25 (54:10).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2019-11-22 (1:08:05).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-07-18 (54:56).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2020-10-30 (1:13:22).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-09-03 (48:56).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2020-11-30 (1:05:22).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-05-24 (24:19).
- Entrevista, 2018-10-20 (3:34:46).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2019-05-30 (1:09:13).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2018-06-04 (19:48).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2020-01-30 (49:08).
- Ashes of Creation Kickstarter.
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2018-08-17 (20:19).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2018-08-17 (22:59).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2018-08-17 (22:33).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2020-04-30 (46:51).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2020-10-30 (46:22).
- Ashes of Creation Twitter.
- Transmissão ao vivo, 8 April 2018 (PM) (13:39).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-05-08 (47:35).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-05-15 (51:19).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-06-30 (11:21).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-06-30 (10:04).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-06-30 (12:39).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-06-30 (13:13).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2020-04-30 (1:10:46).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-05-22 (54:32).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-06-30 (10:27).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-05-24 (48:45).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2020-07-25 (1:11:52).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-05-24 (28:22).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2018-08-17 (1:07:51).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-05-22 (58:51).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-05-12 (1:04:04).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2020-05-29 (1:42:43).
- Kickstarter 12k+ backers.
- February 8, 2019 - Questions and Answers.
- Transmissão ao vivo, 8 April 2018 (AM) (4:47).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2018-01-18 (34:08).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2019-09-30 (1:39:01).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 8 April 2018 (PM) (51:49).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 8 April 2018 (AM) (12:34).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-05-24 (20:32).
- Ashes of Creation Store: Vestments of the Runecarvers.
- Leader of Men
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2020-05-29 (58:31).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2020-09-30 (45:37).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2020-09-30 (45:26).