- Crafting requires the acquisition of recipes in order to craft items.
- Crafting stations are located on freeholds or within nodes.
- There will be gear that boosts artisans in gathering or crafting stronger items.
- Crafting times may vary between professions but the bulk of the time spent in the artisan system resides in the processing branch.
There is no labor or energy system in Ashes. However, that's not to say that crafting will not be difficult. Crafting is very difficult; but it is because it is difficult that it will be very rewarding as well. – Steven Sharif
- 1 Crafting professions
- 2 Itens criados
- 3 Recipes
- 4 Artisan mastery
- 5 Race or class locked crafting
- 6 Crafting mechanics
- 7 Crafting materials
- 8 Artisan supply chain
- 9 Upgrading items
- 10 Repairing items
- 11 Sistema de garantia
- 12 Caravan components
- 13 Ship building
- 14 Backpacks
- 15 Timeline
- 16 Arte
- 17 Community guides
- 18 Ver também
- 19 Referências
- Armor smithing
- Jewel crafting
- Ship building
- Siege weapons
- Weapon smithing
- Os itens de maior tier serão uma combinação de itens fabricados e adquiridos de chefes.
- A raridade dos itens será medida de acordo com o esforço necessário para coletar, processar e fabricar os itens.
- Talvez seja possível para os artesãos determinar o visual dos itens fabricados.
- O nome do artesão está gravado nos itens que fabricar.
Acreditamos que todo item que existe no mundo deveria, de alguma maneira, refletir seu fabricador. Assim, nosso sistema de fabricação será extremamente versátil - dando aos artesãos a habilidade de fabricar itens únicos que representem seus pontos fortes e fracos.
A Fabricação e os Chefes Mundiais serão a principal maneira de adquirir equipamentos de alto nível. Haverão algumas exceções a isso na forma de itens Lendários (apenas um pode ser obtido ou descoberto) e outros equipamentos que podem ser conseguidos, mas queremos que Artesãos e raids do tier mais alto produzam a maior parte do equipamento de alto nível e alta efetividade. – Sarah Flanagan
List of crafted items
|Item||Icon||Item type||Rarity||Level requirement||Set|
|Cloth Belt of Dark Fortunes||Belt||Epic||15||Dark Fortunes|
|Cloth Boots of Dark Fortunes||Boots||Epic||15||Dark Fortunes|
|Cloth Epaulettes of Dark Fortunes||Shoulders||Epic||15||Dark Fortunes|
|Cloth Gloves of Dark Fortunes||Gloves||Epic||15||Dark Fortunes|
|Cloth Hood of Dark Fortunes||Helmet||Epic||15||Dark Fortunes|
|Cloth Leggings of Dark Fortunes||Pants||Epic||15||Dark Fortunes|
|Cloth Robes of Dark Fortune||Chest armor||Epic||15||Dark Fortunes|
|Cloth Sleeves of Dark Fortune||Wrists||Epic||15||Dark Fortunes|
|Demonic Offering Aegis||Shield||Epic||15|
|Imposing Plate Belt||Belt||Rare||9||Imposing|
|Lava Forged Defender||Shield||Rare||Lava Forged|
|Plate Belt of Dragons Protection||Belt||Legendary||15||Dragon's Protection|
|Plate Boots of Dragons Protection||Boots||Legendary||15||Dragon's Protection|
|Plate Cussies of Dragons Protection||Pants||Legendary||15||Dragon's Protection|
|Plate Gauntlets of Dragons Protection||Gloves||Legendary||15||Dragon's Protection|
|Quill Of The Tundra||Wand||Epic||15|
|Ranseur Of Malice||Spear||Epic||15|
|Replica Of Dignitas||Axe||Epic||15|
|Spire Of Illusion||Staff||Epic||15|
|Transcendent Plate Helm||Helmet||Legendary||15||Transcendent|
Skills and stats on gear
- Master crafters will be able to influence several (but not all) stats on their crafted items.
- There will also be methods of moving stat blocks around but this won't necessarily be an easy task.
- All gear will be able to be assigned any stat.
Crafters will be able to 'rejigger' stat blocks; and there will be a couple of other ways to move things around to create both the look and the stat block that you're looking for. It's not always going to be easy. There will be a lot of challenges involved with that. But the goal is to give you guys the option to customize your gear the way you want them to be. – Jeffrey Bard
Gear is broken down into Core Stats and Additional Stats.
Item creation suite
- Relíquias são colocadas no relicário de uma base.
- Atacantes que tenham sucesso em destruir uma base através de um cerco de Base terão acesso limitado às relíquias guardadas no relicário daquela base.
- Recipes that are obtained must be committed to a player's recipe book prior to that recipe being able to be used for crafting. This "consumes" the recipe.
- Recipes can be traded or sold prior to them being committed into a player's recipe book.
- Within a crafting recipe, there are dials (based on artisan specialization) that are used to customize crafted items, such as:
- Crafting does not have mixing and matching (of arbitrary materials) in the manner of animal husbandry.
I think Star Wars Galaxies had a great crafting system... The resource gathering and the crafting system altogether as a whole really was I think way beyond its time. That's kind of the direction we want to go, where there's choices to be made in the crafting system and those choices change what you end up with... It's not just about doing X recipe to get Y item. You know, there's actually thought involved in it and there is you know a market to be captured based on those decisions. – Jeffrey Bard
There are many different ways to achieve recipes. We want to take crafting and house the location of those recipes throughout different progression paths, so that not everything is pigeon-holed into one way forward. – Steven Sharif
- Drops from monsters.
- Completing quest lines.
- Becoming Mayor may unlock specific node-related recipes.
- Progressão within a social organization, such as the Thieves' guild or Scholar's academy.
- Killing a legendary boss.
- Gaining a title.
- By constructing certain buildings on a freehold.
- Based on status within a religious organization/church.
- Deconstructing/dissassembling rare item drops from bosses can yield recipes that can be used to replicate that item.
- There may be a royalty system where players can license recipes to other players for a certain amount of time and collect royalties.
We talked about having this idea where if somebody discovers a recipe they get exclusive access to that recipe for a given amount of time similar to a patent; and then they can license that recipe out to other crafters so they can use the recipe and eventually that timer runs out and then everybody can use it, but we wanted to reward people for experimentation and going out in the world and finding something new. – Steven Sharif
Players must choose a path in the artisan skill tree for each character. Within each of the three parent artisan paths (Coleta, Processamento and Crafting) there are different professions. A character may only ever master one of these parent paths.
- It is possible to master multiple professions (but not all) within a parent artisan path, but this will be a long and labor intensive feat, requiring many resources.
Gathering is a parent artisan path, along with processing and crafting. Within each of the three parent paths lies different professions. You may only ever master one parent path. But you may spend time mastering each profession within the parent artisan path. – Steven Sharif
Becoming a master Crafter or a master Processor or a master Gatherer should be a significant time investment and resource investment; and because of that it should also be something that when you achieve that status it's like people on the server know who you are. – Steven Sharif
- Players can dabble in all professions at a "beginners" level before they decide to master a particular pathway.
- Choosing a specific path in the skill tree allows the player an opportunity to specialize in a certain area. This encourages player inter-dependency, enhancing the artisan experience.
- Masteries aren’t just about making an item. They grant many things, including titles, access to items, bargains, and quests. 
Players will have the opportunity to kind of dabble in all of the professions at a very beginners level and then you know that kind of gives them an understanding of what that profession feels like and then allows them to kind of pinpoint the direction that they want to go in to master particular professions. – Steven Sharif
When we reference not being masters of all that doesn't mean you're not a master within your own one of the three artisan types, which is you know crafter or gatherer, processor. You will be a master of one of those, you will not be master of the other two. – Steven Sharif
Race or class locked crafting
- There are going to be different tiers of crafting stations that represent the quality of the items being crafted.
- Q: Can crafting stations be mobilized / moved and can they be placed anywhere in the world?
- A: It depends on the crafting station. There are going to be different tiers of crafting stations that represent you know the quality of item you're looking to create within that specific profession. There's going to be crafting stations that can be utilized by players within their freeholds and then crafting stations that are resigned only to the development of particular nodes, within particular areas, or particular buildings... There's a wide variety of those things to kind of make it a more dynamic experience and and kind of something that caveat how players decide to build the world and what the value of those things are. – Steven Sharif
We did discuss that type of a feature where the skill of the crafter would grant a greater window of skill-based type crafting. So the higher master level you have of crafting a certain item, the greater your potential to impact the quality of that item might be... The concern obviously that we have when going into developing this type of system is that we don't want what is a fun - you know for lack of a better term - mini-game to be something that becomes repetitive and kind of makes it monotonous... If when we start to flesh out the crafting system and we take a look at that interaction of melding crafting, the actual activity of making something, there is room in the design sheet for different iterations of that particular action; and we may see something come about that can be skill oriented, but that's something that's going to require a lot of testing and different iterations from a design standpoint. – Steven Sharif
Jeff in particular has a soft spot in his heart for the crafting system of Star Wars Galaxies; so without getting into too much detail I will say that it's likely that you will see some inspiration surface itself in that regard. – Steven Sharif
Materials (also known as processed goods and crafting materials) are obtained in the following ways:
Many end level items with crafting will require mats from world bosses etc. we want those systems intertwined. However. There may be opportunities to deconstruct high level items and replace those needed materials as well. We will be testing the crafting trees in alpha and beta. – Steven Sharif
Artisan supply chain
Artisans within Ashes of Creation must choose a path in their artisan skill tree. This inter-dependency establishes a supply chain from raw materials to finished product. Each stage of the chain may require caravans to transport goods from one artisan to another.
- Obtaining raw materials:
- Refining the raw materials with the Processamento profession.
- Crafting the finished product using its crafting recipe.
As a crafter you're going to want to know where certain recipes can be fulfilled; which nodes have the capability of creating what you've processed material that you've gathered for; and then you're going to want to plan out your route to either transit the goods there or make sure that you're situated in the area so that you can go out collect and build in that area as well. So there's a lot of planning that's going to be necessary. – Steven Sharif
- Recursos coletáveis são descobertos por tentativa e erro, e aprendendo seus visuais.
- A coleta requer a criação e o uso de ferramentas.
- Coletar recursos dentro da Zona de influência (ZI) de uma base contribuirá ao crescimento da experiência desta base.
- Certos coletáveis de nível baixo terão uma progressão nivelada à fabricação de nível mais alto.
Certos coletáveis de nível baixo vão ter uma progressão nivelada até a fabricação de nível mais alto. Então por exemplo, se eu estiver coletando... folhas da flor da pétala azul para fabricar um pigmento que vai ser usado no desenvolvimento de uma túnica que eu posso vestir no nível um, aí talvez eu precise coletar elas para poder fabricar os pigmentos para fabricar um pigmento maior que pode estar presente na fabricação de um item de nível mais alto. Então vai ser tipo uma progressão nivelada para que os materiais tenham relevância ao longo dos níveis diferentes de fabricação; e isso é importante de um ponto de vista de estabilidade econômica. Você precisa ter uma procura em camadas de um ponto de vista de oferta para que jogadores que tenham interesse em colecionar e coletar esses materiais sejam relevantes quando os itens de níveis mais altos são fabricados. – Steven Sharif
- O processamento envolve o refinamento de matérias-primas obtidas na coleta e pela desconstrução de itens.
- Vertical enchantments are a power progression for a crafted item. More damage or mitigations, added effects or bonuses. Vertical enchantments include risks. 
When it comes to over-enchanting things, what we're going to do likely is have a safety- and this is something obviously it needs to be tested- but we're going to have a safety period of enchantment you know like in Lineage 2 I think you could enchant plus four or something. And so we're gonna have a similar system where you can enchant safely and then when you start to take risks, that percentage of potentially damaging your item either through the decay system or completely disabling it through the destruction system will be a risk that's present. – Steven Sharif
- Horizontal enchantments are more situational. For example: I'd like my sword to do force damage instead of holy damage because the monsters I tend to fight are incorporeal.
- You don't really push a particular item's level requirement or the identity of that item. You can enhance it, you can add enchantments to it, but it's still the item it is. – Steven Sharif
- 0% durability will unequip items, increasing its repair cost.
- Damaged gear can be reforged at a player stall using a portion of the materials that were necessary to craft the item.
- There may be additional constraints for repairing "very unique items", such as having a crafter and recipe to effectuate repairs. This is subject to testing.
- There is no limit to the number of times an item can be repaired.
For example: if you have an iron sword and then the sword gets damaged from use, you have to use more iron to repair it; and what that does is... make sure that there's significant sinks in the game for base materials so that you are creating a scarcity and demand that's present on the creation of higher goods as well as supplying the necessary decay components for the world. – Steven Sharif
There's a lot of ancillary activities that can be had during sieges... It's obviously strategy and tactics and you know raid-versus-raid components, but also you want to have individual contributions where players can do things during the siege to aid in the greater effort so to speak; and it doesn't require you having 50 people by your side to effectuate that influence over something. So repairs are great ways to do that. Repairs for walls, repairs for gates, being able to spawn and essentially craft the designs for specific types of siege weapons to provide those to the team. – Steven Sharif
Sistema de garantia
Teremos uma interface...você coloca os recursos, ou eles colocam. Vai ser como um sistema de garantia e quando (o trabalho) estiver pronto você recebe o item e eles recebem o dinheiro.
- Armor rating (damage mitigation).
- Hit points.
- Number of hired NPC guards.
- Montagens bred through the Animal husbandry profession can be applied as certificates toward the construction of caravans.
Ship building is a crafting profession that is able to construct ship components based on blueprints that unlock capabilities that scale with their progression within the ship building profession.
- Movement, Durability, Speed, Turn rate, Hit points, Defensive and Damage abilities.
- Weapon slots.
- Aesthetic customization.
- Ship components can be sold to other players.
You can have the base value of a hull. That hull might have certain placements that are available when it comes to utility slots and/or weapon slots for the ship. Essentially you are going to have that hull itself be augmented by constructibles via the ship building profession. – Steven Sharif
- Ships may only be crafted or upgraded in harbor crafting stations that are unlocked by the advancement of coastal nodes.
You will not need to be a ship builder profession to construct ships. The shipbuilder profession particularly they have the ability to craft components of the ships which increases the ship's capabilities, defenses, speeds, turn rate, offense and defense, you know all those types of things and then they can sell those to other players. – Steven Sharif
- The higher level the backpack, the greater the inventory space.
- Different backpack types cater to different activities.
In order to roleplay you need to be able to represent kind of what your character is doing in that world and you know part of what animation is doing is creating these sockets on the let's say the belt or the backpack that you know can plug in certain types of props or items that are created by the character team. – Steven Sharif
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2018-08-17 (15:14).
- About Ashes of Creation.
- Entrevista, 2020-03-27 (9:00).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2020-01-30 (1:38:26).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-05-12 (1:00:18).
- Entrevista, 2020-07-19 (6:38).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2021-03-26 (1:06:50).
- Podcast, 2021-04-11 (40:20).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-05-24 (17:08).
- Entrevista, 2018-10-20 (2:31:39).
- Vídeo, 2017-04-30 (10:07).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-05-05 (14:45).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-05-24 (24:19).
- February 8, 2019 - Questions and Answers.
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2020-11-30 (1:05:22).
- Podcast, 2018-08-04 (59:58).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2020-12-22 (1:15:01).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2020-08-28 (1:14:54).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-05-24 (24:20).
- Entrevista, 2020-07-18 (56:11).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-05-05 (28:09).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-05-12 (49:50).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2018-02-09 (29:26).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-05-05 (20:41).
- Entrevista, 2021-02-07 (37:26).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-05-26 (5:25).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-05-05 (8:22).
- Entrevista, 2021-02-07 (38:15).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2018-06-04 (35:11).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 8 April 2018 (PM) (28:38).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-05-26 (26:00).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-05-24 (32:07).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2019-07-26 (1:09:46).
- Entrevista, 2020-07-20 (18:47).
- Entrevista, 2021-02-07 (36:38).
- Entrevista, 2020-03-27 (5:25).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-05-05 (6:12).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-07-28 (22:36).
- Entrevista, 2021-02-07 (45:41).
- Podcast, 2018-05-11 (27:20).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-05-05 (34:15).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2021-07-30 (1:16:05).
- Entrevista, 2018-10-20 (17:31).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2021-03-26 (1:07:33).
- Podcast, 2017-05-05 (43:05).
- Entrevista, 2020-07-18 (27:11).
- Entrevista, 2020-07-20 (20:17).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-05-08 (20:41).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-07-18 (38:30).
- Entrevista, 2018-05-11 (24:18).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2020-03-28 (48:31).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-09-03 (10:48).
- Entrevista, 2018-05-11 (38:25).
- Podcast, 2018-05-11 (1:00:07).
- Entrevista, 2020-07-29 (15:04).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-05-17 (58:55).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2021-03-26 (1:15:57).
- Entrevista, 2021-02-07 (13:14).
- Entrevista, 2020-07-19 (51:11).
- Podcast, 13 May 2017 (25:55).
- Entrevista, 2020-07-29 (16:46).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2021-05-28 (1:53:04).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2020-09-30 (1:01:45).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2021-05-28 (1:04:29).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-05-05 (32:22).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-07-28 (20:56).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2020-05-29 (46:36).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-05-22 (40:41).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2020-05-29 (43:19).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2020-07-25 (1:59:09).
- Entrevista, 2020-07-19 (48:05).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-05-19 (50:45).
- Podcast, 2020-11-15 (23:30).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2018-07-09 (30:35).
- Entrevista, 2018-08-17 (36:29).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2019-05-30 (1:09:17).
- Podcast, 2018-05-11 (59:25).