Fabricação is one of the artisan classes in Ashes of Creation. It is a driving force for the game economy.
- Crafting requires the acquisition of recipes in order to craft items.
- Crafting stations are located on freeholds or within nodes.
- Higher tier crafting stations are unlocked with node progression.
- Artisan gear will enable crafting of stronger items.
- Crafting times may vary between professions but the bulk of the time spent in the artisan system resides in the processing branch.
- The developers will be seeking testing feedback on the addition of a gameplay layer to crafting that determines the outcome based on the player's performance.
- It's unlikely that crafting materials to craft all pieces of equipment will be able to be sourced solely by farming open-world dungeons.
- It's unlikely that organized parties will be able to get all of the materials they need to craft every piece of equipment from farming open world dungeons alone. – Cody Peterson
- Anything that you want to bring into existence in the world is going to be built by players: Whether that is Navios, Siege engines, Armas, Armadura, etc. – Jeffrey Bard
There will not be a labor or energy system in Ashes of Creation.
There is no labor or energy system in Ashes. However, that's not to say that crafting will not be difficult. Crafting is very difficult; but it is because it is difficult that it will be very rewarding as well. – Steven Sharif
- 1 Crafting professions
- 2 Crafting mechanics
- 3 Itens criados
- 4 Artisan mastery
- 5 Race or class locked crafting
- 6 Artisan gear
- 7 Artisan supply chain
- 8 Upgrading items
- 9 Repairing items
- 10 Sistema de garantia
- 11 Caravan components
- 12 Ship building
- 13 Timeline
- 14 Visuals
- 15 Community guides
- 16 Ver também
- 17 Referências
- Arcane Engineering
- Armor smithing
- Jewel cutting
- Weapon smithing
The developers will be seeking testing feedback on the addition of a gameplay layer to crafting that determines the outcome based on the player's performance.
- For example, if you're creating a sword, and you are crafting that sword, you will have an interface- a gameplay layer that you will see and you will begin to hammer actually that sword into an appropriate outline. And your performance there can help influence the outcome of that craft. – Steven Sharif
- It is likely that Star Wars Galaxies inspired crafting mechanics will be present in Ashes of Creation.
- Without getting into too much detail I will say that it's likely that you will see some inspiration surface itself in that regard. – Steven Sharif
- Previously it was stated that repetitive skill-based crafting mechanics, such as mini-games, are not an intended part of the crafting experience.
- We did discuss that type of a feature where the skill of the crafter would grant a greater window of skill-based type crafting. So the higher master level you have of crafting a certain item, the greater your potential to impact the quality of that item might be... The concern obviously that we have when going into developing this type of system is that we don't want what is a fun - you know for lack of a better term - mini-game to be something that becomes repetitive and kind of makes it monotonous... If when we start to flesh out the crafting system and we take a look at that interaction of melding crafting, the actual activity of making something, there is room in the design sheet for different iterations of that particular action; and we may see something come about that can be skill oriented, but that's something that's going to require a lot of testing and different iterations from a design standpoint. – Steven Sharif
Crafting stations (also referred to as Crafting benches or Workbenches) are located on freeholds or within nodes.
- Crafting stations relate to specific nodes, areas, or buildings.
- Different tiers of crafting stations represent the quality of the items that can be crafted.
- Higher tier crafting stations are unlocked with node progression.
- Lendários crafting benches are present in the Academy unique building of Metrópole (estágio 6) Bases Científicas.
- Upper-tier crafting benches within a node are accessible by its citizens.
- Crafting stations can pull inventory from a player's personal storage and warehouse storage from the node that the crafting station is in.
- Q: Can crafting stations be mobilized / moved and can they be placed anywhere in the world?
- A: It depends on the crafting station. There are going to be different tiers of crafting stations that represent the quality of item you're looking to create within that specific profession. There's going to be crafting stations that can be utilized by players within their freeholds and then crafting stations that are resigned only to the development of particular nodes, within particular areas, or particular buildings... There's a wide variety of those things to make it a more dynamic experience and something that caveat how players decide to build the world and what the value of those things are. – Steven Sharif
Fabricação in Ashes of Creation is recipe (blueprint, schematic) based, not RNG based.
- Recipes that are obtained must be committed to a player's recipe book prior to that recipe being able to be used for crafting. This "consumes" the recipe.
- Recipes can be traded or sold prior to them being committed into a player's recipe book.
- Within a crafting recipe, there are dials (based on artisan specialization) that are used to customize crafted items, such as:
I think Star Wars Galaxies had a great crafting system... The resource gathering and the crafting system altogether as a whole really was I think way beyond its time. That's kind of the direction we want to go, where there's choices to be made in the crafting system and those choices change what you end up with... It's not just about doing X recipe to get Y item. You know, there's actually thought involved in it and there is you know a market to be captured based on those decisions. – Jeffrey Bard
The ability for players to create original recipes will not be present in the game at launch, but may be included at some point in the future.
- Crafting does not have mixing and matching (of arbitrary materials) in the manner of animal husbandry.
There are many different ways to achieve recipes. We want to take crafting and house the location of those recipes throughout different progression paths, so that not everything is pigeon-holed into one way forward. – Steven Sharif
Recipes are discovered in the world.
- Drops from monsters.
- Completing quest lines.
- Through treasure hunting.
- Through repetition of specific activities.
- Becoming Mayor may unlock specific node-related recipes.
- Progressão within a social organization, such as the Thieves' guild or Scholar's academy.
- Killing a legendary boss.
- Gaining a title.
- By constructing certain buildings on a freehold.
- Based on status within a religious organization/church.
- Deconstructing/disassembling rare item drops from bosses can yield recipes that can be used to replicate that item.
- Trading/buying from other players.
We're definitely going to have rare recipes. We're going to have a very active recipe market that how players find them and how they discover them is going to be very diverse. It's not just going to be drop oriented. It's going to be discovery, adventurism, treasures, repetition of a particular activity that might yield something, deconstruction that might learn how to create a recipe. There's a lot of different functionality that's present that's going to be utilized. – Steven Sharif
A royalty system where players can license recipes to other players for a certain amount of time and collect royalties was discussed as a possibility.
Materials (also known as processed goods and crafting materials) are obtained in the following ways:
The quality of crafting materials will influence the quality of the crafted item.
Players drop materials and other items upon death, based on their applicable death penalties.
Materials for crafting high-level items are obtained from world bosses and through the deconstruction of other high-level items.
Many end level items with crafting will require mats from world bosses etc. we want those systems intertwined. However. There may be opportunities to deconstruct high level items and replace those needed materials as well. We will be testing the crafting trees in alpha and beta. – Steven Sharif
Itens fabricados estarão no mesmo patamar dos melhores items.
- Os itens de maior tier serão uma combinação de itens fabricados e adquiridos de chefes.
- A raridade dos itens será medida de acordo com o esforço necessário para coletar, processar e fabricar os itens.
- Talvez seja possível para os artesãos determinar o visual dos itens fabricados.
- O nome do artesão está gravado nos itens que fabricar.
Acreditamos que todo item que existe no mundo deveria, de alguma maneira, refletir seu fabricador. Assim, nosso sistema de fabricação será extremamente versátil - dando aos artesãos a habilidade de fabricar itens únicos que representem seus pontos fortes e fracos.
A Fabricação e os Chefes Mundiais serão a principal maneira de adquirir equipamentos de alto nível. Haverão algumas exceções a isso na forma de itens Lendários (apenas um pode ser obtido ou descoberto) e outros equipamentos que podem ser conseguidos, mas queremos que Artesãos e raids do tier mais alto produzam a maior parte do equipamento de alto nível e alta efetividade. – Sarah Flanagan
Skills and stats on gear
Crafters will be able to assign different skills/abilities and stats on gear.
- Master crafters will be able to influence several (but not all) stats on their crafted items.
- Stats on crafted items will vary based on the item's rarity.
- There will also be methods of moving stat blocks around but this won't necessarily be an easy task.
- All gear will be able to be assigned any stat.
Crafters will be able to 'rejigger' stat blocks; and there will be a couple of other ways to move things around to create both the look and the stat block that you're looking for. It's not always going to be easy. There will be a lot of challenges involved with that. But the goal is to give you guys the option to customize your gear the way you want them to be. – Jeffrey Bard
Not all armor sets will be the cookie cutter kind of set. They will have the influences from the crafter available in it, if it's a crafted set. – Steven Sharif
Gear is broken down into Core Stats and Additional Stats.
Item creation suite
An "item creation suite" that allows crafters to create unique appearances for items has been discussed as a future possibility.
Within each of the three parent artisan paths (Coleta, Processamento and Fabricação) there are different professions. A character may only ever master one of these parent paths and up to two (2) professions within this mastered artisan class (subject to testing).
- When it comes to complete mastery, we're really identifying around two or three right now, but that's something that gets play tested- something gets iterated upon. – Steven Sharif
- A character will be able to achieve up to tier 3 or tier 4 proficiency in professions that are not mastered.
- Players will have the opportunity to dabble in all of the professions at a very beginners level and then you know that gives them an understanding of what that profession feels like and then allows them to pinpoint the direction that they want to go in to master particular professions. – Steven Sharif
- Based on testing, it may be decided to limit profession mastery certificates to a capped value.
- Becoming a master Crafter or a master Processor or a master Gatherer should be a significant time investment and resource investment; and because of that it should also be something that when you achieve that status it's like people on the server know who you are. – Steven Sharif
- Masteries aren’t just about making an item. They grant many things, including titles, access to items, bargains, and quests. 
- Previously it was stated that with considerable effort a player can master all professions within a mastered parent artisan class. This was later changed to a player being able to master some but not all professions within a mastered parent artisan class. This was changed to being able to master up to two or three professions within a mastered parent artisan class (subject to testing). The current stance is being able to master up to two professions.
Artisan progression within the artisan tree occurs based on experience (repetition of tasks) within a branch and also via achievement of certain benchmarks within each branch.
- Choosing a specific path in the skill tree allows the player an opportunity to specialize in a certain area. This encourages player inter-dependency, enhancing the artisan experience.
- When we reference not being masters of all that doesn't mean you're not a master within your own one of the three artisan types, which is you know crafter or gatherer, processor. You will be a master of one of those, you will not be master of the other two. – Steven Sharif
Race or class locked crafting
Fabricação will not be race or class locked.
Artisan gear will boost artisans in their gathering, processing, or crafting professions.
- Artisan gear may be able to be equipped in an "undergarment" slot that can be toggled between adventuring gear and artisan gear.
- The developers are planning to have artisan gear sets available for Alpha-2.
- Gear for artisans are going to live alongside your adventuring gear. So you will currently- the approaches, and we'll test this but currently- the approach is you'll have artisanship oriented gear. This might be beneficial for your gathering; it might be beneficial for your processing, or crafting, or whatever it is- your profession. Essentially you will craft that gear, you will equip that gear, it'll live almost as a undergarment slot so to speak; and then you can activate that and it will show the appearance if you wish during the activation when you gain the benefit from the from the gear itself; and then could disappear afterwards and go back to your adventuring gear. That's the current approach. We're going to play with that a little bit. There's some discussion and disagreement on the team about how we do that, but our hopes are for Alpha two, we will have I think a couple of sets at least. We're demonstrating all of the artisanship from gathering to processing to crafting in limited fashion in Alpha 2 want to have that gear present to kind of play with this approach.
Artisan supply chain
Artisans within Ashes of Creation must choose a path in their artisan skill tree. This inter-dependency establishes a supply chain from raw materials to finished product. Each stage of the chain may require caravans to transport goods from one artisan to another.
- Obtaining raw materials:
- Refining the raw materials with the Processamento profession.
- Fabricação the finished product using its crafting recipe.
As a crafter you're going to want to know where certain recipes can be fulfilled; which nodes have the capability of creating what you've processed material that you've gathered for; and then you're going to want to plan out your route to either transit the goods there or make sure that you're situated in the area so that you can go out collect and build in that area as well. So there's a lot of planning that's going to be necessary. – Steven Sharif
Coleta é uma das classes artesãs no Ashes of Creation.
- Recursos coletáveis são descobertos por tentativa e erro, e aprendendo seus visuais.
- A coleta requer a criação e o uso de ferramentas.
- Coletar recursos dentro da Zona de influência (ZI) de uma base contribuirá ao crescimento da experiência desta base.
- Certos coletáveis de nível baixo terão uma progressão nivelada à fabricação de nível mais alto.
Certos coletáveis de nível baixo vão ter uma progressão nivelada até a fabricação de nível mais alto. Então por exemplo, se eu estiver coletando... folhas da flor da pétala azul para fabricar um pigmento que vai ser usado no desenvolvimento de uma túnica que eu posso vestir no nível um, aí talvez eu precise coletar elas para poder fabricar os pigmentos para fabricar um pigmento maior que pode estar presente na fabricação de um item de nível mais alto. Então vai ser tipo uma progressão nivelada para que os materiais tenham relevância ao longo dos níveis diferentes de fabricação; e isso é importante de um ponto de vista de estabilidade econômica. Você precisa ter uma procura em camadas de um ponto de vista de oferta para que jogadores que tenham interesse em colecionar e coletar esses materiais sejam relevantes quando os itens de níveis mais altos são fabricados. – Steven Sharif
O processamento é uma das classes artesãs no Ashes of Creation.
- O processamento envolve o refinamento de matérias-primas obtidas na coleta e pela desconstrução de itens.
O processamento requere blueprints para a construção de edificações que são necessárias para processar recursos.
- Edificações podem colocadas em um alódio para processar recursos.
Enchanting is not an artisan profession in its own right. Scribes create scrolls that can be utilized by different professions to create enchantments relating to that profession.
- Enchantment scrolls can be sold on the open market.
- Enchanting does not increase an item's level requirement.
- You don't really push a particular item's level requirement or the identity of that item. You can enhance it, you can add enchantments to it, but it's still the item it is. – Steven Sharif
- Enchanting weapons applies visual effects, such as glows and colors.
Item repair will cost crafting materials.
- 0% durability will unequip items, increasing its repair cost.
- Damaged gear can be reforged at a player stall using a portion of the materials that were necessary to craft the item.
- There may be additional constraints for repairing "very unique items", such as having a crafter and recipe to effectuate repairs. This is subject to testing.
- There is no limit to the number of times an item can be repaired.
There will be ways to repair destructible structures (such as walls and gates) and also repair (or re-craft) siege weapons that were damaged during sieges.
- There's a lot of ancillary activities that can be had during sieges... It's obviously strategy and tactics and you know raid-versus-raid components, but also you want to have individual contributions where players can do things during the siege to aid in the greater effort so to speak; and it doesn't require you having 50 people by your side to effectuate that influence over something. So repairs are great ways to do that. Repairs for walls, repairs for gates, being able to spawn and essentially craft the designs for specific types of siege weapons to provide those to the team. – Steven Sharif
Sistema de garantia
Um sistem de garantia está sendo planejado para impedir abusos no sistema de Fabricação.
Teremos uma interface...você coloca os recursos, ou eles colocam. Vai ser como um sistema de garantia e quando (o trabalho) estiver pronto você recebe o item e eles recebem o dinheiro.
Caravanas are constructed from components at a caravanserai building within a node. If components are missing, default versions with lowest stat values will be applied to the caravan.
- Montarias bred through the animal husbandry profession.
- NPC guards.
Caravan components obtained from crafters have stats according to the skill of each artisan.
- Armor rating (damage mitigation).
- Hit points (health).
- Movement speed.
- Turning radius.
- Turning speed.
Ship building can be carried out by any player in possession of the right components, recipes, and an advanced enough node with a harbor.
- Various professions can craft ship components. These components can be sold to other players.
- Ships are built in adherence to a recipe. That recipe requires components. Those components adhere to different crafting professions that require a player to intersect and/or craft or purchase those components from the different professions and then once they have those accumulated they can do the construction process through the recipe system at a harbor.
- Ships may only be crafted or upgraded in harbor crafting stations that are unlocked by the advancement of coastal nodes.
- Players can choose which "joints" get populated with either offensive weaponry, defensive, or utility attachments they want on their ship prior to construction completion. The types of attachments that are available are dictated by the ship's class. – Steven Sharif
- There are absolutely attachments that can apply to the ship and some of those are decorative in nature. There are also slots that have utility aspects to them as well but are also decorative. – Steven Sharif
- Ships will likely not have closed spaces or internal compartments such as Captain's quarters.
- We are trying to stay away from internal compartments within the ships because that presents a whole different type of user interface and flow that can be a bit cumbersome and problematic, especially in combat and in closed spaces. So we're trying to stay away from that under deck aspect and keep things all on deck for better readability on the player side. – Steven Sharif
Classes Artesãs estão programadas para lançar no Alpha-1.
- ↑ Transmissão ao vivo, 2018-08-17 (15:14).
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 About Ashes of Creation.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 Entrevista, 2020-03-27 (9:00).
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 5.3 5.4 Transmissão ao vivo, 2020-01-30 (1:38:26).
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-05-12 (1:00:18).
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 Entrevista, 2020-07-19 (6:38).
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 8.2 8.3 8.4 Transmissão ao vivo, 2022-06-30 (1:17:34).
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 Transmissão ao vivo, 2021-03-26 (1:06:50).
- ↑ Podcast, 2021-04-11 (40:20).
- ↑ 11.0 11.1 11.2 Transmissão ao vivo, 2022-10-14 (35:22).
- ↑ 12.0 12.1 Forums - Livestream Q&A 2022-08-26.
- ↑ Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-05-24 (17:08).
- ↑ 14.0 14.1 Entrevista, 2018-10-20 (2:31:39).
- ↑ Vídeo, 2017-04-30 (10:07).
- ↑ 16.0 16.1 Transmissão ao vivo, 2023-02-24 (39:43).
- ↑ 17.0 17.1 17.2 Entrevista, 2021-02-07 (45:41).
- ↑ 18.0 18.1 Podcast, 2018-05-11 (27:20).
- ↑ 19.0 19.1 19.2 Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-05-10 (6:12).
- ↑ Blog: Know Your Nodes - Scientific Node Type
- ↑ Podcast, 2021-09-29 (4:43).
- ↑ Transmissão ao vivo, 2022-07-29 (1:17:33).
- ↑ Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-05-05 (20:41).
- ↑ 25.0 25.1 25.2 25.3 25.4 25.5 25.6 25.7 25.8 Transmissão ao vivo, 2022-01-28 (1:19:48).
- ↑ 26.0 26.1 Entrevista, 2021-02-07 (37:26).
- ↑ Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-05-26 (5:25).
- ↑ 28.0 28.1 28.2 28.3 28.4 28.5 28.6 Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-05-10 (8:22).
- ↑ Transmissão ao vivo, 2018-06-04 (35:11).
- ↑ Entrevista, 2021-02-07 (38:15).
- ↑ 31.0 31.1 31.2 31.3 31.4 31.5 31.6 31.7 31.8 Transmissão ao vivo, 2018-04-8 (PM) (28:38).
- ↑ 32.0 32.1 32.2 32.3 Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-05-26 (26:00).
- ↑ 33.0 33.1 33.2 33.3 33.4 Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-05-05 (34:15).
- ↑ 34.0 34.1 34.2 34.3
- ↑ Transmissão ao vivo, 2021-07-30 (1:16:05).
- ↑ Entrevista, 2018-10-20 (17:31).
- ↑ Transmissão ao vivo, 2021-03-26 (1:07:33).
- ↑ Podcast, 2017-05-05 (43:05).
- ↑ Entrevista, 2020-07-18 (27:11).
- ↑ 41.0 41.1 Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-05-10 (14:45).
- ↑ Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-05-24 (24:19).
- ↑ February 8, 2019 - Questions and Answers.
- ↑ 47.0 47.1 47.2 47.3 47.4 Transmissão ao vivo, 2020-11-30 (1:05:22).
- ↑ 48.0 48.1 Podcast, 2018-08-04 (59:58).
- ↑ Transmissão ao vivo, 2020-12-22 (1:15:01).
- ↑ Podcast, 2021-09-29 (52:58).
- ↑ Transmissão ao vivo, 2020-08-28 (1:14:54).
- ↑ Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-05-24 (24:20).
- ↑ 54.0 54.1
- ↑ 55.0 55.1 55.2 55.3 Transmissão ao vivo, 2022-04-29 (1:13:00).
- ↑ 56.0 56.1 Transmissão ao vivo, 2019-07-26 (1:09:46).
- ↑ Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-05-24 (32:07).
- ↑ 58.0 58.1 Entrevista, 2020-03-27 (5:25).
- ↑ Entrevista, 2020-07-20 (18:47).
- ↑ Entrevista, 2021-02-07 (36:38).
- ↑ Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-07-28 (22:36).
- ↑ Entrevista, 2020-07-20 (20:17).
- ↑ 70.0 70.1 70.2 70.3 70.4 Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-05-08 (20:41).
- ↑ Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-07-18 (38:30).
- ↑ Entrevista, 2018-05-11 (24:18).
- ↑ Transmissão ao vivo, 2020-03-28 (48:31).
- ↑ 75.0 75.1 75.2 Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-09-03 (10:48).
- ↑ Entrevista, 2018-05-11 (38:25).
- ↑ 78.0 78.1 Podcast, 2018-05-11 (1:00:07).
- ↑ 79.0 79.1 Transmissão ao vivo, 2022-05-27 (1:20:00).
- ↑ Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-05-26 (51:37).
- ↑ Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-05-17 (58:55).
- ↑ 82.0 82.1 Transmissão ao vivo, 2021-03-26 (1:15:57).
- ↑ Transmissão ao vivo, 2022-01-28 (56:12).
- ↑ 85.0 85.1 85.2 Entrevista, 2020-07-19 (51:11).
- ↑ Entrevista, 2021-02-07 (13:14).
- ↑ Podcast, 2017-05-13 (25:55).
- ↑ Entrevista, 2020-07-29 (16:46).
- ↑ Transmissão ao vivo, 2021-05-28 (1:53:04).
- ↑ Transmissão ao vivo, 2020-09-30 (1:01:45).
- ↑ 93.0 93.1 93.2 Transmissão ao vivo, 2021-05-28 (1:04:29).
- ↑ 94.0 94.1 Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-05-10 (32:22).
- ↑ 95.0 95.1 95.2 95.3 95.4 95.5 95.6 Transmissão ao vivo, 2022-08-26 (1:20:17).
- ↑ 96.0 96.1 96.2 96.3 96.4 96.5 96.6 Transmissão ao vivo, 2020-05-29 (46:36).
- ↑ 97.0 97.1 97.2 97.3 97.4 97.5 97.6 Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-07-28 (20:56).
- ↑ Transmissão ao vivo, 2020-05-29 (43:19).
- ↑ 99.0 99.1 99.2 Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-05-22 (40:41).
- ↑ 101.0 101.1 101.2 Transmissão ao vivo, 2022-02-25 (1:15:50).
- ↑ 102.0 102.1 102.2 Transmissão ao vivo, 2022-10-28 (1:39:25).
- ↑ 104.0 104.1 104.2 104.3 Transmissão ao vivo, 2020-07-25 (1:59:09).
- ↑ 105.0 105.1 Entrevista, 2020-07-19 (48:05).
- ↑ 106.0 106.1 Transmissão ao vivo, 2018-07-09 (30:35).
- ↑ 107.0 107.1 107.2 Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-05-19 (50:45).
- ↑ Transmissão ao vivo, 2021-10-29 (1:15:57).
- ↑ Entrevista, 2018-08-17 (36:29).
- ↑ 111.0 111.1 Podcast, 2020-11-15 (23:30).
- ↑ 112.0 112.1 Transmissão ao vivo, 2022-09-30 (1:19:27).
- ↑ Transmissão ao vivo, 2022-09-30 (1:19:59).
- ↑ Transmissão ao vivo, 2022-09-30 (1:20:06).
- ↑ Podcast, 2018-05-11 (59:25).