Moedas do monstro
Moedas do monstro enable players to play as monsters within the monster coin event system. This ranges from playing as a horde of zombies, to becoming a massive dragon.
- During a Monster Coin Event, players will be able to activate Monster Coins, allowing them to become monsters and wreak havoc! These Events can be triggered in a variety of different ways, and in some cases they may even provide cosmetic rewards.
Monster coin events are system spawned events.
- They are structured in a way to prevent groups from gaming the system.
- Monster coin events are triggered by activity in the world, such as node advancement, defeating a boss or constructing certain types of buildings within a node.
- Server messages appear for players in the vicinity of these dynamic events.
- The player will have a number of potential objectives they can choose to attack during the event. This may include node buildings, points-of-interest, dungeon, NPC, or other open-world objective.
- When you're playing as a as a monster from the monster coin use as part of an NPC event that might be targeting a node, or other some other open-world objective or POI, or dungeon, you get to participate as a monster and your focus is completing objectives that have already been prescribed as part of the event. – Steven Sharif
- Drop tables are disabled for player controlled monsters.
- Monster coins only allow a character to participate in events on their own server.
- NPC hate lists do not affect monster coin events.
The Ancients are not going to be part of the monster coin system.
- Traditionally, the Ancients are not going to be part of the Monster Coin system. These are the primary antagonists of the story. From a lore perspective, and one of the reasons why they're not a part of the Monster Coin system, is because their souls have really developed almost to the point of perfection in manipulating the Essence for more corrupt uses. They haven't quite gotten there, and who knows if they ever will, but that kind of attunes them out of the possibility: The reason why the monster coin system is possible with other creatures. – Steven Sharif
Use of monster coins
- Moedas do monstro are only usable during monster coin events.
- Two different monster coins can not be used on the same monster player during the same event.
- Some events have monsters that can be taken over by multiple players.
- If no players participate in a monster event, the monsters will be run by AI.
- Citizens of a Base are not eligible to control monsters attacking that node.
We are very well aware that systems if they can be gamed they will be gamed and we're making sure to develop the monster coin system so that there is no potential for gaming there. – Steven Sharif
Obtaining monster coins
Moedas do monstro are obtainable from:
- Rare drops in-game.
- Purchasable from the cosmetic store.
Monster coins are not tradeable.
Impact of monster events
Monster coin events (Bosses) cannot destroy or delevel nodes. They can disable certain buildings, services and NPCs within a node. Cercos de base are the chief mechanic for destroying nodes.
- Monster coin events do not occur before sieges.
- Monster coin events do not occur during sieges.
- Destruction of certain buildings during a monster coin event could have local, regional, or even global economic impacts.
- For example, if the service building that got disabled was a blacksmith's building that housed a workbench, which was the only workbench in the region capable of crafting a t5 (or tier 5), or high-tier quality equipment, then of course that would have ramifications economically, as those pieces of equipment that are already readily available would raise in prices; and because there would be a issue within the supply chain of those items being introduced into the economy, you would potentially have some supply and demand changes economically and that could span regions: that could be global even. – Steven Sharif
Rewards from monster coin events
- Cosméticos are the only rewards available to players from monster coin events.
- Cosmetic rewards resemble the creature that was being controlled.
- Monster coins are not tradeable.
Monster coin progression
There is a progression system that levels a player's monster skills based on how often they participate in monster events.
In Ashes of Creation a large portion of world events revolve around the environment reacting to the player. This means that as players are exploring the world and developing civilization around them the environment is responding to this encroachment by spawning dynamic events and creatures to attack those developing cities. These events occur in 3 different types: the Legion level the Elite level and the Epic level. – Steven Sharif
As nodes advance, so does the scale of the monsters. There are tiers of events denoting the caliber of the monsters being spawned.
- The tier of the monster coin dictates how powerful the monster is.
Legion monster events
Legion monster coin events are common events that occur for Nodes up to the Vilarejo stage. This might include a horde of zombies rolling across the countryside finding something or someone to feast on. Players who wish to keep their advancements will need to be vigilant.
Elite monster events
Elite monster coin events occur for nodes that exist between the Vilarejo and Metrópole stages. This level of event would include something along the lines of a dungeon level bosses and mobs coming into the world to pillage and destroy specific centers of activity.
Epic monster events
Epic monster coin events are of truly fitting proportions. These events occur randomly in the world as well as in realms where nodes have advanced to the Cidade and Metrópole stages of development. This would be a legendary boss awoken from their long and deep slumber: A mighty dragon perhaps, whose sole purpose is to plunder to punish those who have summoned his malice and hate.
There will be local, regional, or global (server-wide) announcements/notifications of important events.
- Cercos do castelo.
- Cercos de base.
- Lendários world boss spawns.
- Mob attacks and Monster coin events.
- Dungeon opportunities.
Event notifications will utilize different methods depending on the stage (scope and level) of the event.
- Local events
- Local events (such as caravan PvP) may prompt players via the UI asking if they wish to participate or not.
- Other local events may offer audible or visual cues without any UI notifications.
- Local events that have not been addressed may start to expand regionally or even globally.
- One important thing to note about events in general is notifications are sent to the players. Players can opt into these events in a similar way that you would into a quest. You're going to be presented with a 'would you like to participate' but they might not always be that way. You might hear trees falling in the forest and that may be an audio cue to tell you something's happening over there. It's out of the ordinary. This is not normally an audio cue that I hear in this area and i'm gonna go investigate that thing. So it might not just be always that kind of UI window represented with a 'participate or not' but I'm going to go investigate and in that sense it could be stage driven. So you might have the more local stage where it is just the visual or audio cues and you get to go participate in that stage; and then when it advances, or if you don't answer the problem in time, then it starts to expand regionally and then it might send out particular notifications to either citizens of the node from which it falls under its purview or even broader than that. It could be global driven events and then it could have things that are are visual cues that are really big like a giant blizzard that's affecting the zone, because the event hasn't been addressed; and that can affect the crop rotations or it can affect passages and roads and how caravans move. There's a lot that the predicate system informs to the event system and then the event system reacts to those types of predicates. – Steven Sharif
- Node-based events
- Certain node-based events will be broadcast to node citizens, others, such as caravans, will not be announced and will instead rely on player word-of-mouth.
- Evolução de Base notifications will be broadcast depending on the node's stage.
- Expedition (estágio 1) and Encampment (estágio 2) nodes will announce within proximity of the node.
- Vilarejo (estágio 3) nodes will have region-wide announcements.
- Município (estágio 4) and higher will likely broadcast world-wide.
- New citizens of a node may be announced in a dedicated node citizen chat channel.
- Election notices will be mailed to the accounts of citizens.
- Whether it be like a siege or a triggered event against a city or like a unique dungeon opportunity... those types of things are going to involve notifications. Especially to the citizens of the city; where you'll be informed of an impending event. Basically it will give you time. – Steven Sharif
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Types of Events on Verra.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 Transmissão ao vivo, 2022-07-29 (1:20:24).
- ↑ Vídeo, 2017-05-25 (0:02).
- ↑ IGN: Ashes of Creation first look: An MMO that lets you be the boss.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 Transmissão ao vivo, 2022-04-29 (39:00).
- ↑ 6.0 6.1
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 7.2 7.3 7.4
- ↑ Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-05-26 (22:19).
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 9.2 9.3 9.4 9.5 9.6 9.7 Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-05-03 (36:25).
- ↑ Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-05-03 (35:25).
- ↑ Transmissão ao vivo, 2021-06-25 (1:36:05).
- ↑ Podcast, 2020-11-15 (47:12).
- ↑ Podcast, 2020-11-15 (51:22).
- ↑ Kickstarter packages.
- ↑ 15.0 15.1 15.2
- ↑ 16.0 16.1
- ↑ 17.0 17.1
- ↑ Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-05-26 (22:14).
- ↑ 20.0 20.1
- ↑ 21.0 21.1 Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-05-24 (22:30).
- ↑ 23.0 23.1 Transmissão ao vivo, 2022-04-29 (1:07:20).
- ↑ Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-05-03 (31:46).
- ↑ Transmissão ao vivo, 2022-04-29 (32:29).
- ↑ 28.0 28.1 28.2 28.3 28.4 28.5 28.6 28.7 28.8 Transmissão ao vivo, 2022-04-29 (42:31).
- ↑ 29.0 29.1 29.2 29.3 29.4 29.5 Transmissão ao vivo, 2018-05-04 (48:14).
- ↑ Transmissão ao vivo, 2021-06-25 (1:13:30).
- ↑ 31.0 31.1 31.2 31.3 Entrevista, 2018-08-17 (24:48).
- ↑ Entrevista, 2020-03-27 (16:19).
- ↑ Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-05-22 (40:40).
- ↑ 35.0 35.1 35.2 35.3 Transmissão ao vivo, 2021-04-30 (1:01:10).
- ↑ 36.0 36.1 Transmissão ao vivo, 2020-10-30 (1:01:00).