- Equitable cosmetics, both from a quantity and quality standpoint, are achievable through in-game means.
- Nothing in the cosmetic store will be pay to win.
I want to incentivize purchase in the cosmetic shop for sustainability of what expansions we have intended, since we are not a box cost. I want to incentivize purchase by offering limited items: limited time, limited quantity, so you have confidence that when you purchase them, they won't be offered later on in some other way. – Steven Sharif
Providing these limited options that collectors out there like when it comes to achieving and/or purchasing cosmetics. It means something I think when players make that decision to purchase or they go through the rigorous portion of achieving those things in game that it is not just everywhere around them and becomes meaningless at that point. – Steven Sharif
- Skins are cosmetic items that do not grant the user any benefit.
- Skins are only be able to be applied to things that have already been earned, crafted or found within Ashes of Creation.
- Different variants of store purchased cosmetic creatures may exist in the wild.
- Flavor text relates to the lore and background of creatures and items in the world of Verra.
- Costumes do not include any weapons pictured.
- Caravan skins change the appearance of an in-game mount and in-game caravan that are hooked up to each other.
Cash shop cosmetics will be limited in quantity, limited in time for purchase. They will be unique, but you will also have extremely difficult to gain cosmetics in game as well as unique cosmetics that look great and better... There will be a lot of cosmetics that are achievable in the game because that is a very fun aspect of MMO play. – Steven Sharif
- Wayfarer pre-order pack (History).
- Expeditionary pre-order pack (History).
- Voyager pre-order pack (History).
- Voyager plus pre-order pack (History).
We offer cosmetics for players who wish to support the project early. The exclusive nature of the limited availability is something I think collectors value. If you buy cosmetics as an MMO player, I know I enjoyed if the cosmetic is rare and not every girl at the party is wearing the same dress. In addition, these cosmetics are used to populate the world through NPC variants and color/texture changes so their offering aligns with our production schedule. The good thing about these packs is they contain no P2W advantages and there is no box cost, so from a mechanics standpoint you do not need to buy them to excel in the game on launch. And also, there are comparable and subjectively more grand cosmetics achievable in game as well. – Steven Sharif
- Eye color.
- Skin color.
- Hair color.
Cosmetic items that produce in-game cosmetic effects will also be available.
- Only one dye can be used per dyeable items. A player is free do use different dyes on different dyeable items.
The Kickstarter dyes are sets of unique colors that are not obtainable by players who did not participate in Crowdfunding. These dyes are not usable as normal dyes are. Instead they are used to override the color of another dye obtained in game.
- They are assigned to a character from a user's account management page.
- They do not expire, so they may be used to continually override dye colors.
- Once a dye has been overridden it becomes a bound dye to that character, so the colors cannot be sold for in-game benefit.
- When an item is sold or transferred, color changes are reverted.
I'm more of the mind that it wouldn't really serve a purpose to have bikini plate armor, just in like reality, if you're going to have armor, it should be protective. I think from a fashion statement is enjoyable for some people, but it's a kind of an immersive issue. – Steven Sharif
- There are rules when applying cosmetics to specific items, unlike costumes, which don't have level restrictions.
- Armadura will take on a racial appearance.
- Cosmetic slots can be toggled on or off by the player.
- There will be hundreds of attachments available ranging from a small clasp to the front plate of a breast plate.
- The skin changes the appearance of an in-game mount and in-game caravan that are hooked up to each other.
- The caravan and mount components of the skin are not able to be utilized separately.
You'll need your own creature and caravan hooked up to each other, and then the caravan cosmetic skin goes over all of them to make it look like what's pictured. you're not able to split out separately that caravan mount skin, hence why you'd want the separate mount skin if you wanted to ride it independently. – Sarah Flanagan
List of cosmetics
- Ashes of Creation cosmetic store.
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2020-07-25 (1:53:46).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 8 April 2018 (PM) (58:29).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2020-11-30 (56:02).
- Rime and Regal
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2018-12-06 (41:43).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2020-11-30 (58:24).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2019-06-28 (1:25:55).
- Entrevista, 2018-05-11 (32:36).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2018-07-09 (55:20).
- Ashes of Creation Store: January cosmetics.
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-05-08 (48:49).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-05-26 (32:14).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-07-28 (9:47).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2020-10-30 (1:14:34).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-05-26 (3:04).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2020-05-29 (50:20).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-05-26 (19:51).
- Reddit Q&A, 8 January 2019.
- Entrevista, 2018-08-24 (5:28).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-11-17 (22:33).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2020-11-30 (57:50).
- Podcast, 2018-08-04 (53:43).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2018-02-09 (50:29).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2020-07-25 (54:10).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2019-11-22 (1:08:05).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-07-18 (54:56).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2020-10-30 (1:13:22).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-09-03 (48:56).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2020-11-30 (1:05:22).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-05-24 (24:19).
- Entrevista, 2018-10-20 (3:34:46).