Other server regions will be considered based on interest.
- South America is under consideration due to traffic from that region.
- OCE servers will not be provisioned until Beta for Ashes of Creation (the MMO) and live launch for Ashes of Creation Apocalypse.
At this stage we do not have numbers on how many different servers will exist for different regions. We've said in the past 8-10,000 concurrent users per server is what we'd like to aim for. Obviously, the number of servers that exist in a region are going to be dependent on the population that's playing. – Steven Sharif
- Q: When you say you no region locking or IP blocking, does this refer to all regions or just only Europe, Russia or North America?
- A: Currently that refers to regions that are territories under our license agreement with My.com and Mail.ru, which is Europe and Russia as it relates to our North American servers as well. However, moving forward should we announce additional strategic partners for foreign territories, it would be a red line for us as well not to allow for any region locking or IP blocking. – Steven Sharif
- Servers will be named after the champions of the great battles that led up to the fall of Verra.
- Post launch, users will be able to select their server by the ping or the region that's notated next to the server.
- Ashes of Creation Apocalypse server selection is driven by the party leader. Whatever region they have selected will apply to their friends and squad.
We'll have a multitude of servers located throughout to the various regions of the world; and those servers will be good connection points for- and will be driven by- I mean there's two types of servers I'm sorry: For the alpha-1 arena those will be driven by the party leader right; and wherever whatever region they have selected if they invite friends to their squad or whatever, they'll be able to play on that region. With regards to live launch when the server's go live, you'll be selecting a server to play on; and that will be your character's home; and that server you'll be aware of where that server is located usually by either a ping or a region that's notated on next to the server. – Steven Sharif
Ashes of Creation Apocalypse servers
For this play test, no matter where you download and play from, you will be able to queue up and play with your friends from around the world.
- Italian, Polish and Spanish localization will then be added.
- Other languages are being considered.
There's localization that will be present in the German and French Russian languages to start; and then we intend to also localize in Italian, Polish and Spanish. So servers will be allocated within the region as being one of those language type servers. So it's not going to be per country per se as it might be per language. – Steven Sharif
- Translation will be done in the game client based on interest.
- Interface do usuário localization tools are available in the chat window.
Intrepid will maintain 100% creative control over Ashes and our partners My.com and Mail.ru shares our vision for Ashes, as this was very important to us. This means our stance on p2w for the game. This partnership allows us as a Studios to focus on the development of the game and allows us to feel comfortable with the level of service that we know my.com and Mail.ru can provide our glorious community. – Steven Sharif
- Ashes of Creation Apocalypse will be available for download on Steam from Monday, August 19, 2019 at 2PM PDT.
It will be possible to register with Intrepid, in order to play on NA servers. In which case, your account and billing info would be handled solely by Intrepid. My.com will be responsible, with collaboration from Intrepid, for EU accounts and servers. – Steven Sharif
- Q: Can you inform us about payments done by EU. Will they be to my.com or to IS?
- A: Depends where the player creates their accounts, you will be able to choose Intrepid or my.com. – Steven Sharif
- Players with Kickstarter or Crowdfunding do verão packages can migrate that package to My.com.
- Purchased cosmetics such as skins will migrate along with the account except for any region-specific purchases or event rewards.
- Itens earned in-game and achievements are not migrated.
- Characters are likely not included in migration between publishers.
- Migration will not remove the original account, however all purchased items and backer rewards, such as the lifetime subscription, will be transferred.
- Users who wish to progress in different regions can opt to have two (or more) accounts.
- There may be a restriction on the number of migrations that can be done for an account.
A player may choose to migrate their account of from My.com to Intrepid Studios, should they wish. Additionally, if they own a package from either Kickstarter or from the Summer backers, they can migrate that package over to the My.com registration as well. – Steven Sharif
- Interview, 8 May 2017 (22:06).
- Livestream, 24 May 2017 (40:50).
- Ashes of Creation FAQ: Where will your servers be?
- Livestream, 9 July 2018 (47:54).
- Reddit Q&A, 8 January 2019.
- Livestream, 8 April 2018 (AM) (26:41).
- Interview, 24 August 2018 (0:09).
- Livestream, 19 May 2017 (37:03).
- Official Livestream - May 4th @ 3 PM PST - Q&A
- Livestream, 27 September 2018 (48:13).
- Blog: Steam Announce And Play Test FAQ For Ashes of Creation Apocalypse
- Livestream, 31 October 2018 (35:53).
- February 8, 2019 - Questions and Answers.
- What languages will Ashes of Creation be in?
- Interview, 24 August 2018 (2:35).
- Livestream, 17 May 2017 (1:09:22).
- Livestream, 24 May 2017 (45:49).
- Interview, 24 August 2018 (3:19).
- Interview, 21 August 2018 (11:20).
- Interview, 21 August 2018 (27:35).
- Interview, 21 August 2018 (11:27).
- Interview, 14 August 2019 (9:55).
- Interview, 24 August 2018 (0:50).