It's the fourth anniversary of Ashes of Creation Wiki! Thanks for all of your wonderful support over the years.
There will be a mix of different monsters and difficulty levels throughout the world that are tied to the development of nearby nodes. As nodes advance, mobs will present new and increasing dangers that players can participate in.
In the world naturally there will be locations that are going to have a mix of different levels of monsters and difficulty levels; and then those spawn tables relate to the development of nearby nodes. So as nodes develop they'll be changing the spawn tables around them to reflect their further development in the world, presenting new and more difficult dangers that the players can participate in. – Steven Sharif
- Certain elite monsters that are not assigned any to any particular hunting ground roam throughout the world.
- There will be flying mobs, but not in terms of requiring a flying mount to engage them.
We will have flying monsters but essentially what that means is there's going to be rotations either in the behavior tree that might make them inaccessible to targets, or they might do some like swooping attacks; they might come and land on the ground and fight you. But generally monsters are going to be accessible from on the ground, so we're not creating content for the limited number of individuals who are going to have access to a flying mount. – Steven Sharif
- Animated Armor Mobs
- Shifting Coin Bandits
- The Ancients
We've mentioned this before about what the cosmetics do, but all of those [pre-order pack] items allow us to create the world. They're the NPCs in the world. They help us make NPC variants. The clothing and costumes are costumes that we'll be putting on NPCs. You're actually helping us create the world. – Margaret Krohn
Zones and mob levels
Masmorras, Raids, Chefes mundiais, Mobs, Missões, Eventos, Recursos, Narrativas e outros conteúdos dentro da ZOI de uma bases terão uma variedade de níveis diversa, mas escalarão com o estágio daquela base e com sua influência racial.
Não temos uma zona exclusiva do nível 25. Em vez disso, uma certa zona pode ter algumas criaturas níveis 10 próximas da estrada, outras criaturas nível 20 dentro da floresta, e ainda outras níveis 30 nas montanhas. Essa escala vai mudar de acordo com as Bases próximas, e no geral a escala fica mais perigoda à medida que a Base evolui. Toda essa civilização atrai a atenção de Coisas-Que-Não-Deveriam-Existir. Isso não quer dizer que regiões selvagens sejam seguras. Talves sejam menos perigosas, mas em todo lugar haverão perigos até para os aventureiros mais experientes. – Steven Sharif
The best was Final Fantasy 11 back in the day where you had scent, you had sight, you had magic. Like there's all sorts of different things that you had to like protect yourself against so that certain mobs couldn't see you; and you could maintain that ability to like kind of sneak past easily... It made those monsters unique and gave them character outside of just how much damage they did to me. – Jeffrey Bard
- Utilizing new AI technology that hasn't been seen in other MMORPG projects.
- Bosses are scripted and make decisions dynamically during boss fights.
- NPCs performing "idle actions" to make the world seem more alive has been discussed by the developers but is not confirmed.
- Certain AI behaviors might activate based on progress within an encounter.
There are some additional AI parameters that are set that don't relate necessarily to controlling NPCs. There are AIs with regards to the development of the borders for nodes in the direction and also the decisions that are made of which lower nodes to enslave as vassal states. There's AI that relates to a little bit of the stock market that's going to be present in the economy. There's some AI systems that are going to be announced also that are pretty innovative I think with regards to the MMORPG genre and that's going to make the triggered event system very interesting I think; and that's you know with regards to how nodes kind of develop and the environment reacts to that development by you know spawning these triggered events of you know a horde of zombies attacking a city or a legendary raid boss coming out of the mountain. I think there's a lot of opportunity for some of the innovations that's been in the AI sector of game development too to come out in Ashes. – Steven Sharif
- Additional buildings will spawn.
- Additional mobs will spawn.
- Content difficulty will change.
- Masmorras will be unlocked when certain nodes advance to certain stages.
- Drop tables in areas and dungeons will be tied into the progression of certain areas.
Certain dungeons and other points of interest across the map will all be affected by the server’s node development. Some dungeons will only be unlocked if nodes are developed to certain stages. The storyline objectives for players inside dungeons will also be dependent on the story arc paths chosen through the node system. The drop tables in area and dungeons will also be tied into the progression of certain areas. For example, let’s say that the humans have developed a node in Region A, and a storyline has opened up that leads players to inspect the ruins (dungeon) of a nearby area. And let’s say that this node was developed in a scientific (crafting) zone… Well before the node developed, this dungeon was accessible… But now the dungeon has propagated new monster assets that include a drop table catering to a crafting emphasis because of the development of that scientific node. And perhaps, a new boss appears in different rooms of the dungeon that includes different adventure quest starts, like a mysterious item with a storyline that can only be progressed if a node develops to the metropolis stage in a certain region, across the world. Our system is so vast, when it comes to interconnectivity and how the world reacts to the players.
- Whoever is first to loot gets the loot.
- A master looter (or lootmaster) is a player designated by the party leader to decide how loot is distributed in a dungeon or raid party.
- Need before greed
- This is a traditional need before greed system based on dice rolls.
- Since there is very little gear binding in Ashes of Creation, it's left to the party to deal with players who excessively roll Need on loot.
- Bidding system
- Intrepid are investigating a potential bidding system, which allows players to bid on items instead of rolling for them.
- Hunting certificates is a term that covers items, such as Pelts that house the value of a mob's death. These certificates are specific to an economic region.
- A wolf is not going to be carrying a sack of gold. It may instead drop "pelts" that can be traded for gold.
- Hunting certificates will also drop on a character's death.
- Hunting certificates can be traded with hunter NPCs within nodes.
- The level of the node and the distance of the node from the drop will determine the value of the certificate. Certificates redeemed from distant economic regions via the caravan system will provide higher returns (4 to 5 times greater in some cases) than certificates collected from the same region.
- The value of the certificates are also calculated (by the world manager algorithm) based on the volume of certificates being redeemed in each region.
- Hunting certificates can also be stored within node warehouses.
- There is a much higher chance that materials and unique recipes are dropped that can be used to craft items of equitable value.
- There is a small RNG chance of looting rare and legendary items or crafting materials from mobs based on the level, status and type of mob. This also applies to harvesting resources with a gathering profession.
- Legendary equipment is only dropped by Legendary world bosses.
- Stats on dropped items will vary based on the rarity of the item.
- Animation tells.
Day and night cycle
- Different monsters will spawn at different times.
- NPCs and mobs may be awake or have varying behaviors at different times of the day.
- Different emissive effects may be more prevalent on night creatures.
Fifteen minutes may be one hour in game time.
- For example: A wolf or a dog may look different but may be balanced to the same templated behavior.
2021-03-28 2021-03-28 2020-07-31 2020-07-31 2018-04-28
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2021-03-26 (54:26).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2020-07-31 (1:45:40).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2020-06-26 (1:14:42).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-05-26 (24:33).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2021-06-25 (1:28:02).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2021-05-28 (1:49:24).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2021-04-30 (6:46).
- Entrevista, 2020-07-19 (19:35).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-05-15 (30:53).
- Blog - Know Your Nodes - The Basics.
- Interview: Ashes of Creation on Building Their Virtual World, 13 April 2017.
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2018-06-04 (29:28).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2021-06-25 (21:24).
- About Ashes of Creation.
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-05-05 (11:55).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-07-28 (43:57).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 8 April 2018 (PM) (3:56).
- Entrevista, 2021-06-13 (22:20).
- Podcast, 2018-05-11 (24:23).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2021-03-26 (50:33).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2021-03-26 (22:53).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-11-17 (36:22).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-11-17 (18:29).
- MMOGames interview, January 2017
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2021-03-26 (26:40).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2020-11-30 (1:01:40).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2020-07-25 (1:24:56).
- Group dynamics blog.
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2020-11-30 (1:12:03).
- Entrevista, 2020-07-18 (27:11).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-05-24 (44:14).
- Entrevista, 2020-07-19 (1:08:22).
- Entrevista, 2020-07-19 (8:43).
- February 8, 2019 - Questions and Answers.
- Entrevista, 2020-07-20 (21:57).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 8 April 2018 (PM) (55:49).
- Entrevista, 2020-07-18 (1:00:15).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2020-07-25 (46:08).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2020-12-22 (1:15:01).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-05-03 (35:25).
- Ashes of Creation Forums - Former Lineage 2 PvP'er wanting to discuss PvP loopholes.
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2021-03-26 (1:07:33).
- Podcast, 2017-05-05 (43:05).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-05-22 (49:38).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2020-11-30 (41:49).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2020-11-30 (24:51).
- Ashes of Creation - Screenshots.
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2021-06-25 (29:58).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-05-12 (57:41).
- Podcast, 2021-04-11 (15:55).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2018-01-18 (33:09).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2018-01-18 (34:08).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2018-01-18 (33:07).