Cercos de base
Cercos de base permitem que os jogadores destruam bases. Isso abre o caminho para novos desenvolvimentos e o acesso a conteúdos bloqueados nas bases próximas. Devido a essa dinâmica, o conflito político e a intriga fazem um papel importante na estrutura do mundo.
Cercear uma base não será uma tarefa fácil para os atacantes. Cidades e metrópoles terão uma vantagem defensiva considerável.
Se você possui um lar em uma base e não quer que ele seja destruído, terá que defender a cidade! – Steven Sharif
Bases podem cair de nível de acordo com a Atrofia de Base.
- 1 Siege defenses
- 2 Declaring a node siege
- 3 Siege alliances
- 4 Siege participation
- 5 Siege mechanics
- 6 Completing a siege
- 7 Destruição de base
- 8 Impact of monsters and world bosses
- 9 Impact on player stalls
- 10 Node atrophy (deleveling)
- 11 Siege abilities
- 12 Node wars
- 13 Zergs
- 14 Visuals
- 15 Ver também
- 16 Referências
Castle owners and Prefeitos will be able to purchase and allocate defense mechanisms to bolster siege defenses.
- Treasury funds can be invested into improving node defensive structures, such as stronger walls and gates, traps, and siege equipment.
- Relics will offer area-of-effect buffs to damage, attack range or player health of the defenders.
- Race will not affect the defensive capability of a node.
There are points of balance that we want to incorporate, such as the defense mechanisms that the defenders have, the types of buffs that are acquired through completing killing the bosses, or capturing control points, the stages before a siege when it comes to those node progressions in the preceding weeks: Those are all going to be balanced considering all things being equal between the two sides. But obviously we're not going to control the state of gear acquisition that one side might have as an advantage over the other. There might be a much better geared team over there. There might be a much better coordinated team. There might be a higher number of individuals who are part of the attacking or the defense. Those are components that we aren't necessarily going to put on railroads so-to-speak. But the aspects of design that we can talk about like the hit point health of a particular wall or door, or mercenaries that can be hired; what's their cost, what's their damage output: Those are things yes we're going to balance. But obviously anything that's player dependent or that has player interaction and activity and determination you can't always balance; and you don't want to balance. Those aspects you leave those to the players. – Steven Sharif
Declaring a node siege
Cercos de base are declared directly by any player who completes the prerequisites for the siege initiation. Sieges are started via a siege scroll, which is acquired through a quest that scales in difficulty with respect to the level of the node. A substantial investment is required to attain the siege scroll.
- Siege scrolls are specific to the node that is named on the scroll.
- The lifetime of the scroll begins when the node is named on the scroll.
- Currently, if the scroll's lifetime is less than the siege cooldown remaining on that node, the scroll will be wasted, but this may change in future.
- The Mayor is notified when their node is named on a siege scroll.
- The method right now is when you complete a quest line and you're going to receive the scroll, you must stipulate the node that that scroll is valid for and then there is a lifetime on the scroll. – Steven Sharif
- It was previously stated that siege scrolls were specific to a node stage.
- The lifetime of the scroll begins when the node is named on the scroll.
- Once the siege scroll is brought to the node and is activated, the declaration period begins and a countdown is initiated for players in the region to see. This countdown runs for a number of days equal to the stage of the node being sieged.
- Once the countdown is complete, the siege begins.
- Node citizens that renounce their citizenship during the declaration period may incur penalties.
- Siege scrolls are not able to be modified after they are obtained.
The questing that is incorporated as part of attaining that particular scroll is very particular to the type of scroll you're attempting to acquire and that is inclusive not just of the materials required as part of that questing but also the time associated with completing that quest, because we want there to be a reciprocal relationship between how much time it takes to stand up a node of the particular size and the types of quests that are required in order to attain the siege scroll. So there won't be a method by which you can first attain a scroll for a lower level node and then increase or augment or change that scroll after you've completed the quest. You'll have to go through a new quest again for the type of level of node you want.
Sieging will require a similar amount of resources and time to what it took to develop the node being sieged.
- Siege equipment will need to be crafted based on the stage of the defending node.
- Mayors/governments allocate resources, taxes, and quests to help develop node defenses.
A node siege may not be declared for 21 days following a node advancing to any stage.
- This was previously stated to apply only to nodes advancing to Vilarejo (estágio 3), not higher stages.
There are new functionalities and mechanisms that come online when a node advances and you want to provide both time for elected governments to take place, which then have direct consequences and choices to be made over defensive capabilities and also gives provides time for that node to collect and receive resources through taxation and/or quests for its citizens to participate in, so that it has available treasury funds and/or resources to allocate towards defensive structures and other types of defensive systems. So it would make sense that if there were to be an occurrence where node advances within that window, that window is reset again for the new stage because there are new correlating services and functions available. – Steven Sharif
During the declaration period, individuals or guilds can register to attack or defend providing they meet the criteria.
- The player who originally declared the siege cannot exclude anyone from joining the attack.
- Citizens of the node or provincial nodes being attacked are automatically registered as defenders.
- Players do not need to be citizens of the node in order to register as defenders, but they cannot be citizens of a node that is at war with the node they wish to defend.
- Citizens of allied nodes cannot register to attack.
Many services are shut down during the siege declaration period, and instead are replaced by preparation quests or services for the siege.
- Once a siege is declared, players are prohibited from moving goods out of depositories within the node.
- This includes resources and materials that are stored in Warehouses, Chests within player housing, storage containers within guild halls, or within processing buildings on freeholds.
That incentivizes even further the necessity of players to contribute to the defense of a city. It also elevates the need for that city to politically gain allies among other nodes so that they can protect the collective goods of the citizens. – Steven Sharif
- During the siege virtually all services are suspended.
- Quiósques de jogador may still operate during node siege declaration. This is subject to testing.
- If a node levels up during the declaration period, the level up will affect the node system for neighboring nodes, but the leveling wont occur until a short time after the siege.
Objective-based PvP events such as node sieges, castle sieges, guild wars, and node wars will occur within a prime-time window somewhere between 3PM and 9PM server time. This is subject to testing.
- Guild wars and node wars can be declared at any time, but the objectives will only spawn during the prime-time window.
There will be local, regional, or global (server-wide) announcements/notifications of important events.
- Cercos do castelo.
- Cercos de base.
- Lendários world boss spawns.
- Mob attacks and Monster coin events.
- Dungeon opportunities.
Event notifications will utilize different methods depending on the stage (scope and level) of the event.
- Local events
- Local events (such as caravan PvP) may prompt players via the UI asking if they wish to participate or not.
- Other local events may offer audible or visual cues without any UI notifications.
- Local events that have not been addressed may start to expand regionally or even globally.
- One important thing to note about events in general is notifications are sent to the players. Players can opt into these events in a similar way that you would into a quest. You're going to be presented with a 'would you like to participate' but they might not always be that way. You might hear trees falling in the forest and that may be an audio cue to tell you something's happening over there. It's out of the ordinary. This is not normally an audio cue that I hear in this area and i'm gonna go investigate that thing. So it might not just be always that kind of UI window represented with a 'participate or not' but I'm going to go investigate and in that sense it could be stage driven. So you might have the more local stage where it is just the visual or audio cues and you get to go participate in that stage; and then when it advances, or if you don't answer the problem in time, then it starts to expand regionally and then it might send out particular notifications to either citizens of the node from which it falls under its purview or even broader than that. It could be global driven events and then it could have things that are are visual cues that are really big like a giant blizzard that's affecting the zone, because the event hasn't been addressed; and that can affect the crop rotations or it can affect passages and roads and how caravans move. There's a lot that the predicate system informs to the event system and then the event system reacts to those types of predicates. – Steven Sharif
- Node-based events
- Certain node-based events will be broadcast to node citizens, others, such as caravans, will not be announced and will instead rely on player word-of-mouth.
- Evolução de Base notifications will be broadcast depending on the node's stage.
- Expedition (estágio 1) and Encampment (estágio 2) nodes will announce within proximity of the node.
- Vilarejo (estágio 3) nodes will have region-wide announcements.
- Município (estágio 4) and higher will likely broadcast world-wide.
- New citizens of a node may be announced in a dedicated node citizen chat channel.
- Election notices will be mailed to the accounts of citizens.
- Whether it be like a siege or a triggered event against a city or like a unique dungeon opportunity... those types of things are going to involve notifications. Especially to the citizens of the city; where you'll be informed of an impending event. Basically it will give you time. – Steven Sharif
When a siege begins, temporary alliances are formed among attackers and defenders.
- For node sieges, citizens of the node or provincial nodes being attacked are automatically registered as defenders.
- There are many reasons to participate as an ally in the attack or defence of other nodes.
- Social bonds.
Many incentives exist that can benefit your node and yourself personally by participating in the attack or defense of cities. These range from titles, to items, to materials, to money. Additionally, aiding others may help you strengthen bonds when your assets are threatened. – Steven Sharif
Ashes of Creation may have specific content that revolves around Alliances.
- Progressão pathways within alliances.
- Guildas sharing common services with alliance members.
- Alliances can toggle relationships with nodes.
Content that revolves around alliances specifically and progression within the development of that alliance; and the ability to share some common services between guilds that are part of that alliance. I think that additionally allowing alliances to toggle certain relationships with nodes as an interaction is beneficial. That's going to provide an interesting dynamic for players who are either members of the particular node that has the relationship established or members of the Alliance. So I think that obviously building systems is is about creating the channels by which these players can form bonds and the more layers you have around those you know channels of bonding between the different guilds or players, the more sustainable that relationship. – Steven Sharif
Non-registered combatants are not permitted on the siege field in castle or node sieges.
- Alpha-1 castle sieges are located in a separate zone that is accessible via a NPC teleporter.
- Cercos do castelo (in the final game) may or may not be instanced.
- Players may choose to respawn at their HQ as long as they are registered.
- Players could potentially intercept stragglers with the guild war or flagging system en route to the siege field.
Lower level characters will have usefulness in mass combat that does not depend on their level, such as manning siege weapons, helping repair fortifications, bringing proximity-based buffs to key positions, using stealth or scaling walls. These types of things are relevant to the tide of battle and do not require the player to be max-level or have high combat stats.
A siege occurs over several phases.
- Certain siege mechanics may be gated for specific size groups during sieges.
- There will not be a deserter debuff for leaving a siege before it is complete.
- More will be revealed in an upcoming blog entry.
Siege weapons are able to be crafted or purchased from NPCs.
- Siege equipment will require materials, recipes and craftsmanship.
- Part of this endeavor of sieging a player-held location (or non-player-held location) is time to prepare; and that includes gathering and crafting these mega weapons or collecting the resources: Whether it be gold or specific quest items to purchase from NPCs. – Steven Sharif
- There will be ways to repair destructible structures (such as walls and gates) and also repair (or re-craft) siege weapons that were damaged during sieges.
- Anything that you want to bring into existence in the world is going to be built by players: Whether that is Navios, Siege engines, Armas, Armadura, etc. – Jeffrey Bard
Sieges don't use the PvP flagging system.
Death penalties do not apply to objective-based events (such as caravans, guild wars, and node sieges).
Siege NPCs serve as defense points. Killing them allows the attackers to gain advantages during a siege. NPCs are only killable during a siege and will respawn if the siege is unsuccessful.
NPC guards are intended to be a significant presence but not the main line of defense in a siege.
Mercenary NPCs can be hired to participate in objective-based situations.
- Varying tiers of mercenary NPCs may be unlocked based on the investment made in their progression. Highest tier NPC mercenaries are referred to as heros.
- Prefeitos are able to allocate treasury funding to hire mercenary NPCs to defend their node during sieges.
- Nodes can invest in upgrade paths that give a greater selection of roles and quality (gear level) of NPC mercenaries used for caravan defense.
- NPC mercenaries can be hired to participate in castle sieges based on the allocation made by the governing castle and how successful they have been defending their castle nodes.
- These mechanics are subject to change based on testing and priorities.
- Players can assign mercenary NPCs, but won't micromanage them, in a similar manner to pets.
- There are mercenary NPCs that can be assigned to players. We've discussed about that before and those will follow generically... a kind of pet system even you know adopted majority of the pet system with the added bonus of kind of objective based points of interest that you can assign them to. But we don't want to inundate the field with these mercenaries they'll be kind of few and far between. They'll be assigned specifically like let's say for example you know as the mayor of a node during a siege you'll be able to assign these two specific players that are citizens within your node and then they'll have those they'll spawn during the during the node siege; or vice versa and the castle siege you know guild leaders can assign mercenaries that are available based on the progress of those subsidiary nodes around the castle siege whether or not you have those available to your defense or your attack. – Steven Sharif
Dragões são épicas mounts voadoras com poderosas habilidades de batalha, tal como ataques de baforada em AoE (área de efeito), ataques de voo rasante, e outros.
- Dragões tem capacidades de Pvp relacionadas a Cercos do castelo e Cercos de base.
Os dragões terão muitas capacidades em PvP. Esse é seu propósito primário, já que eles se relacionam aos Castelos e os cercos nestes, ou Nodes e os cercos nestes. Queremos que os dragões tenham ramificações em larga escala contra invasões de jogadores. – Steven Sharif
There may be instanced locations within otherwise open-world castle and node sieges, where specific groups can participate in small, short duration objective-based battles that will affect the overall outcome of the siege.
- What we were talking about was how during castle sieges or node sieges, you're going to have certain instanced locations where it's only going to be a group that's designated to participate versus another group while the siege is happening. And I know in the past we talked about well how do you plan to incorporate these more objective-based waypoints as part of these larger events; and say that not only is it going to be a complement of numbers or in the overall grand kind of battle perspective, but there's also going to be opportunities for smaller more niche groups to participate in more focused objective capturing. And a part of that is going to be small very short, kind of ten minute long instanced battles where groups can go and participate against other groups that are defender versus attacker; and the outcome of which will influence certain aspects of the overall battle while that's still occurring in the background. – Steven Sharif
Each node has a number of districts, depending on its stage.
- Districts are taken by defeating a "raid boss" guard NPC in that district.
- If attackers take over a district, they gain that district as a respawn location.
- Attackers can kill the quartermasters to increase the respawn times of the defenders while reducing their own respawn times.
Defenders can assault the outposts of the attackers to hinder them.
Attackers may not be capable of deleveling a node. Instead they may carry out precision attacks to disable specific service-oriented buildings within the node. These buildings can be targeted with siege weapons and bombs.
As the attackers are sieging a city you know they have obviously a win condition- a win objective- but additionally there can be casualties from a structural standpoint during that process. So let's say if the... attackers were to not succeed in completely destroying the node they could still affect damage across multiple types of buildings that are present within the node, which disables services for that those citizens and also will require some type of reconstruction effort on behalf of the citizens. – Steven Sharif
Completing a siege
A node siege will last for up to two hours.
- Defenders will be required to hold a central point in the node for the duration of the siege or they must destroy the hedquarters of the attacking army.
- Attackers will need to gain access to the node then reach a central point where they must channel a 5 minute cast on the defender's flag. This cast can not be interrupted by CC but can be interrupted through death of the caster.
If the node survives, there will be a cooldown before the node can be sieged again:
- Vilarejo (30 days).
- Município (40 days).
- Cidade (50 days).
- Metrópole (60 days).
- This was previously 20, 30, 40, 50 days.
If the node still exists after the siege has ended, citizens will need to obtain the resources needed to rebuild any damaged infrastructure.
Destruição de base
Nodes podem ser destruídas a partir do estágio 3 (Vilarejo), e são destruídas através de cercos.
- Um cerco bem-sucedido destruirá a base.
- Uma porção de todos os Materiais (componentes de fabricação) e Coletáveis que estiverem armazenados na base destruída se tornarão pilháveis para os vencedores do cerco na forma de espólios de guerra.
- Isso inclui coletáveis e bens processados que estavam armazenados em baús de residências de base e apartmentos. Esses não poderão ser pilhados caso a base sobreviva ao cerco - mesmo que as edificações em si sejam destruídas ou danificadas durante o cerco.
- Jogadores são proibidos de remover bens dos armazéns dentro de uma base depois de uma declaração de cerco contra aquela base.
- Bases voltam ao estágio 0 (região selvagem) após um cerco bem-sucedido.
- Qualquer modificação ao terreno retornará ao seu estado original.
Bases podem ser destruídas a partir do estágio 3 - Vilarejo, e são destruídas através de cercos. Cercos começam ao se usar um item que pode ser obtido através de uma missão que aumenta em dificuldade de acordo com o estágio da base que está sendo alvo do cerco. Assim que esse item é levado à base e ativado, o período de declaração começa e uma contagem é iniciada para os jogadores da região. Essa contagem dura um número de dias igual ao estágio da base sendo cerceada. Assim que a contagem termina, o cerco começa. Existe um período de espera entre cercos, e jogadores devem esperar um cerco período de tempo após um cerco malsucedido para que um novo cerco possa ser declarado. Quanto maior o estágio da Base, maior o tempo de espera entre cercos. Se um cerco é bem-sucedido, a base retorna ao Estágio 0, e todos os que eram cidadãos daquela base deixam de sê-lo. – Margaret Krohn
Ambientes Destrutíveis serão um elemento chave de como os jogadores interagem com o mundo, tanto em Ashes of Creation Apocalypse como em Ashes of Creation o MMORPG.
Queremos que a destruição seja um elemento chave de como os jogadores exploram o mundo. – Steven Sharif
- Atacantes podem não ser capazes de destrur base durante um cerco. Em vez disso, podem executar ataques precisos para desabilitar edificações de serviços específicas dentro da base. Essas edificações podem ser atacadas com armas de cerco e bombas.
- Edificações de Base (including residências de jogadores) terão pontos de vida e podem ser danificadas durante cercos. Se as edificações sofrerem mais de aproximadamente 25% da sua vida em dano, qualquer PNJ ou serviço oferecido naquela edificação ficará desativado até que ela seja reparada.
- Se a base ainda existir após o fim do cerco, os cidadãos precisarão obter os recursos necessários para reparar e reconstruir qualquer infraestrutura danificada.
- Edificações maiores e mais avançadas precisarão de mais recursos para serem reparadas. Residências de base provavelmente precisarão da menor quantidade de recursos para serem reparadas.
- Residências de jogadores que forem destruídas durante um cerco não poderão ser vendidas.
- Mobílias e decorações são mantidas e podem ser colocadas novamente depois.
Você pode procurar ser mais preciso ao decidir atacar uma cidade. Digamos que uma base rival está tentando chegar, sei lá, no estágio cinco de base ou algo do tipo e você quer desativar a capacidade de progredirem seu sistema religioso. Você poderia focar no templo durante o ataque, ou talvez você queira impedir que a academia deles cheguem em um nível alto para que a de vocês possa; ou talvez você queira desativar diversas edificações que permitem que os cidadãos aceitem missões e recebam experiência, o que impede que eles compitam com a sua base em termos de experiência ganha. Esses ataques podem ser mais precisos e não precisam causar a destruição de uma base. – Steven Sharif
Destruição de Prédios do Node
Edificações de Base (including player housing) have hit points and can be damaged or destroyed by different systems.
- NPC-driven events that are a response to story arcs or node atrophy.
- Cercos de base and node wars.
- Attackers may not be capable of destroying a node during a siege. Instead they may carry out precision attacks to disable specific service-oriented buildings within the node. These buildings can be targeted with siege weapons and bombs.
- Hazardous events such as tornadoes or hurricanes.
If buildings suffer more than approximately 25% damage, any NPCs or services offered by that building will not be available until the building is repaired.
- Players must repair damaged buildings (or rebuild destroyed ones) in order to reactivate the services from those particular buildings.
Buildings that take significant damage are destroyed and appear as rubble on the plot they occupied.
- Node governments must clear any rubble on plots before any buildings can be reconstructed. Any prerequisites for the building reconstruction must be satisfied beforehand.
- Buildings also live within a prerequisite system. So in order to build down the tech tree of what these buildings provide, as the node grows larger to access stronger building types, you may get a kink in that chain if it's destroyed and you'll have to stand that back up in order to support the service again. – Steven Sharif
- If the node is destroyed by a node siege, the debris field will contain spoils that are lootable to the victors of the siege.
- Residência de Jogadores that is destroyed during a node siege can no longer be sold. Furnishing and decorations are retained and can be placed again later.
Impacto nas residências de jogadores
Designs de Residência de Jogadores e decorações são retidas e podem ser colocadas novamente no futuro caso a residência seja destruída durante um cerco de base.
- Diagramas são enviados por correio aos jogadores para uso futuro.
- Propriedades destruídas estão sujeitas à perda de bens.
- Certificados mantém grandes marcos (como Fornalhas e Solares, por exemplo).
- Uma possível ideia de design é que itens como mobília sejam encaixotados e acessíveis dentro da nova residência.
Impact on in-node housing
Following a node siege, static housing will be scaled back or destroyed based on the advancement of the node.
- If the housing was purchased at a higher advancement than the node currently is then it will be destroyed, otherwise the housing will be scaled back.
Impact on apartments
Apartamentos podem ser destruídos nas seguintes circunstâncias:
- Se seu prédio for destruído durante um cerco ao node, ainda que o cerco não seja bem sucedido.
- Se o prefeito construiu prédios de apartamento extras durante o estágio de Município (estágio 4) ou maior, e o Node reverteu de volta a um estágio anterior.
- Se o prefeito decidir destruir os prédios de apartamento todos os itens e móveis serão devolvidos aos donos por correio.
Impact on freeholds
Propriedades may be attacked by any player for a period of two hours following a successful siege against its parent node.
- Players and their allies may defend their freehold for this period of time.
- Structures and guards may be obtained to defend freeholds during this period.
After the two hour period of open combat following a successful node siege, any remaining freeholds will exist under a grace period for roughly 1 week where another node may take over the zone of influence of the freehold.
- The freehold owner will be required to undertake a quest process to have their freehold adopted by a new node if one exists.
- At the end of the grace period, if the freehold does not reside within the ZOI of a stage three (Vilarejo) node or above, it will be destroyed.
- Players who are registered as a defenders of their node cannot loot their own destroyed freeholds.
If a siege is successful, then the Node is brought down to Level 0, and anyone who was a citizen of that Node is no longer a citizen. Freeholds within the Zone of Influence are subject to a period of vulnerability. These Freeholds can be destroyed by other players during a period of roughly 2 hours after a successful siege. Destroyed Freeholds are subject to material loss, and blueprints for them are mailed to the player to utilize for future placement in order to allow the player to keep their Freehold’s layout and structure. Once the vulnerability period is complete, any remaining Freeholds will exist under a grace period for roughly 1 week where another Node may take over the Zone of Influence of the Freehold. – Margaret Krohn
A node that was successfully destroyed by a node siege may develop differently due to the following influences:
- Different races becoming primary contributors.
- Design elements determined by different governments.
- Reactions and interactions with other nodes in the world.
There won't be a civil war mechanic within nodes but there will be scope for internal political conflicts; such as undermining the current leadership and disrupting trade.
- The only way to remove an elected mayor prior to the end of their term is by destroying the node.
We want consequences to matter and if that person got elected then you need to work within the means of the mechanics to get them unelected. – Steven Sharif
Impact of monsters and world bosses
Monster coin events (Bosses) cannot destroy or delevel nodes. They can disable certain buildings, services and NPCs within a node. Cercos de base are the chief mechanic for destroying nodes.
- Monster coin events do not occur before sieges.
- Monster coin events do not occur during sieges.
- Destruction of certain buildings during a monster coin event could have local, regional, or even global economic impacts.
- For example, if the service building that got disabled was a blacksmith's building that housed a workbench, which was the only workbench in the region capable of crafting a t5 (or tier 5), or high-tier quality equipment, then of course that would have ramifications economically, as those pieces of equipment that are already readily available would raise in prices; and because there would be a issue within the supply chain of those items being introduced into the economy, you would potentially have some supply and demand changes economically and that could span regions: that could be global even. – Steven Sharif
Impact on player stalls
Players are not able to be attacked or robbed while occupying a player stall.
Player stalls may not be renewed during a siege declaration.
Node atrophy (deleveling)
Bases podem cair de estágio de acordo com a atrofia de base.
- Esse é um design preliminar e pode mudar ao decorrer de testes. Isso pode se tornar um sistema de pontos de atrofia, onde pontos acumulados irão progressivamente bloquear serviços dentro de uma base. Essa base pode ser destruída (em vez de cair de estágio) caso passe de um certo limite de pontos.
Existem problemas intrínsecos em reduzir o estágio de uma base em vez de simplesmente destruí-la, e talves simplesmente mudemos o sistema para um onde as bases acumulam pontos de atrofia que precisam ser recuperados ao longo do tempo; se isso não for feito, serviços dentro da base começaram a ser bloqueados, piorando a situação de atrofia, até chegar num ponto em que a base simplesmente desaparece. – Steven Sharif
- Bases acumulam um déficit de experiência a cada dia, de acordo com o estágio da mesma. Esse déficit é subtraído de qualquer experiência ganha naquele dia. Se sobrar algum déficit, ele é então compensado com a experiência acumulada da base.
- Prefeitos podem dar início a sistemas de missões dos quais não-cidadãos podem participar. O prefeito pode usar uma parte do tesouro ou dos bens da base como recompensas ao completar missões. Jogadores poderão interagir com a base para ver que missões estão disponíveis em um dado momento.
- Essas missões permitem que bens materiais ajudem a combater a atrofia de base.
- Certos avisos aparecerão para notificar os cidadãos de uma base que ela caiu abaixo da experiência requerida para seu estágio atual. Depois de um curto período de tempo, se a atrofia não for resolvida, a base caíra de estágio.
- Uma base não pode cairr mais de um estágio por vez.
- Quando uma base cai um estágio, ela entra em um período de segurança, durante o qual o déficit de experiência é reduzido a zero.
- É possível, através da atrofia de base, que duas bases em um mesmo estágio existam adjacentes uma a outra.
Bases que caem de estágio voltam para o estágio anterior.
- Bases que caem de estágio pode perder suas bases vassalas.
Se uma Base cai de estágio, ela volta pro estágio anterior mas mantém todo o estilo racial que possuía antes de cair. Uma Base não pode perder mais de um estágio por vez. Por exemplo, uma Base Estágio 2 cai somente para o Estágio 1. Somente então ela poderá iniciar o processo para cair para o Estágio 0. Se uma Base perderia suas Vassalas ao cair de Estágio, ela o faz. Quando uma Base cai de Estágio, ela entra em um período de segurança, durante o qual o déficit de experiência é reduzido a zero. Ela volta a perder experiência com base no déficit após esse período. – Margaret Krohn
Group summons are activated by a party leader with that ability in their class kit along with additive components from other classes that are part of the group.
Up to eight players of the same primary archetype can band together to create monumental effects during a siege.
- These are the types of systems that we want to put in place where groups of a single primary archetype can come together to summon these types of effects that play off of what the identity of that archetype is. – Steven Sharif
Summoners can collaborate to summon larger summons, such as Golems.
- A siege summon will have an incremental size based on the number of summoners participating in that summon activity, with a maximum of eight.
- The number of summoners participating in the summon will determine its overall size.
- All summoners must be in the same party and the party leader must be a summoner.
- The party leader initiates the summon and then takes control of it.
- Once summoned, the party leader cannot be changed.
- If the party disbands, the summon ends. There will be a grace period to handle disconnects.
- The party may also contain non-Summoners.
- It doesn't have to be just summoners, but it has to be a party led by a summoner with other summoners in it. – Steven Sharif
- If eight Tank archetypes each use one of their summon wall abilities it might construct a larger wall that can divide two raids in a moment; and would require damage and block skills and abilities for a momentary lapse of battle between those two raids. – Steven Sharif
Node governments may declare war on another node and rally citizens to the cause.
- This mutually flags the citizens of the warring nodes, including their allies, as combatants.
- Organizações sociais quests will either be cooperative or adversarial based on the war status of their parent nodes.
- Nodes vassalos cannot declare a node war on their parent node or any of their vassals.
- Node wars can be declared at any time, but the objectives will only spawn during server prime-time.
- Players can kill each other at any time during the war (not only during server prime-time).
- We have conditions that you can set between nodes with regards to either nodes being friendly with each other and acting trade alliances, or they can declare war on nodes similar to how guild wars may function in different games, where those citizens become hostile to each other based on the player government that's elected in the particular node. So those systems all kind of cater to allowing a conflict that's meaningful and that also provides a non-imbalanced relationship between stronger guilds and not as strong guilds. – Steven Sharif
Zergs are empowered by fast-travel. Meaningful travel times are intended to prevent zerg play from being so much of an influence.
Encounters are designed to have meaning in terms of how boss skills and abilities relate to group compositions, tactics and strategies. Zerging is not experiencing content. There are different ways to make a fight more difficult for larger sized groups without relying solely on stat buffs or making the boss a "damage sponge".
- Raid and dungeon bosses have specific mechanics and abilities that players need to learn and react to. Zergs that are not aware of these mechanics or react to them appropriately will be wiped.
- There may be environmental hazards and AoE effects that cause more damage based on the number of players present.
- There is a give-and-take for guilds that want to see a larger number of members as opposed to a more focused group that may be a part of an alliance.
We're very cognizant of the fact that we don't want to see zerging be a mechanic that's utilized by guilds to accomplish content or just to steamroll over sieges... There are specific mechanics that we are working on that will be seen through the testing phases that relate to a degree of understanding of certain systems that can't just be overrun with numbers. – Steven Sharif
Mechanics that encourage political intrigue will play a role in destabilizing zergs.
The best way that I found in games I played previously to take down a zerg is to cause drama from within... It's that conflict inside of the politicking that happens in that big organization. If we provide opportunities for division to occur then it also provides stability to keep a server healthy away from that zerg mentality also... If we approach the castle siege and we've destroyed the walls and we're in the throne room and we're about to cast on the penultimate thing and I at this time am just so excited from what's happening that I'm like "screw it I'm gonna go for it". It's gonna be mine. I'm gonna take the taxes for the next month. I'm gonna take all the gear from the castle. I'm gonna take everything... We kind of want that political intrigue to be present in the game. – Steven Sharif
Objective-based game play helps to balance the zerg mentality.
I always feel that if you balance based on groups that in your balance focus is to incorporate features that play well from a player versus player perspective as well as a player versus environment perspective: Having support classes, having DPS and tanks that can obstruct movement and/or create you know bottlenecks on the field and stuff like that. I think a well-rounded raid it will perform better against a non well-rounded raid, however then you incorporate the second aspect of numbers; and that's where again mobility, organization, leadership tactics. Having objectives in gameplay that make those important helps to balance the zerg mentality that a lot of guilds can tend to have. – Steven Sharif
Instancing doesn't play a major role in limiting zergs, due to 80% of content in Ashes of Creation being open-world.
- There may be instanced locations within castle and node sieges where specific groups can participate in certain objective-based waypoints.
Zerging is always a problem in a lot of these MMORPGs where you really can't control the number of participants in certain open-world systems; and in that sense instancing is a great tool that designers can sometimes use to curate a particular number of participants that you want. But the predominant amount of content within Ashes of Creation, over 80% of which is is open-world content, so instancing is very limited. – Steven Sharif
- ↑ Vídeo, 2016-12-04 (0:02).
- ↑ 2.00 2.01 2.02 2.03 2.04 2.05 2.06 2.07 2.08 2.09 2.10 2.11 2.12 2.13 2.14 2.15 2.16 2.17 2.18 2.19 2.20 2.21 Blog - Know Your Nodes - Advance and Destroy.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 A reactive world - Nodes.
- ↑ Vídeo, 2017-04-30 (5:31).
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Transmissão ao vivo, 2022-04-29 (27:42).
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 6.3 Transmissão ao vivo, 2020-07-25 (1:22:40).
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 Transmissão ao vivo, 2020-06-26 (1:33:10).
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 8.2 Transmissão ao vivo, 2018-01-18 (37:05).
- ↑ Transmissão ao vivo, 2021-06-25 (1:10:52).
- ↑ 12.0 12.1 12.2 Transmissão ao vivo, 2020-07-25 (1:40:10).
- ↑ 13.0 13.1
- ↑ 14.0 14.1 14.2 14.3 Transmissão ao vivo, 2021-12-23 (1:30:34).
- ↑ Transmissão ao vivo, 2022-01-28 (1:07:45).
- ↑ Transmissão ao vivo, 2021-11-19 (50:23).
- ↑ 17.0 17.1 17.2 17.3 17.4 17.5 17.6 17.7
- ↑ Transmissão ao vivo, 2022-04-29 (1:09:45).
- ↑ 20.0 20.1 Transmissão ao vivo, 2021-06-25 (1:09:26).
- ↑ 22.0 22.1
- ↑ 24.0 24.1 Transmissão ao vivo, 2021-03-26 (1:04:46).
- ↑ 26.0 26.1
- ↑ Transmissão ao vivo, 2019-07-26 (1:16:03).
- ↑ Entrevista, 2018-08-07 (14:35).
- ↑ 29.0 29.1
- ↑ Transmissão ao vivo, 2020-10-30 (1:03:52).
- ↑ 31.0 31.1 Entrevista, 2020-07-19 (41:32).
- ↑ 32.0 32.1 32.2 32.3 32.4 Transmissão ao vivo, 2020-04-30 (1:14:44).
- ↑ 33.0 33.1 33.2 Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-05-19 (47:07).
- ↑ Transmissão ao vivo, 2020-10-30 (1:06:09).
- ↑ Entrevista, 2020-07-29 (31:05).
- ↑ Entrevista, 2020-07-18 (13:13).
- ↑ Entrevista, 2020-07-08 (22:37).
- ↑ 40.0 40.1 40.2
- ↑ Types of Events on Verra.
- ↑ Transmissão ao vivo, 2022-04-29 (32:29).
- ↑ 43.0 43.1 43.2 43.3 43.4 43.5 43.6 43.7 43.8 Transmissão ao vivo, 2022-04-29 (42:31).
- ↑ 44.0 44.1 44.2 44.3 44.4 44.5 Transmissão ao vivo, 2018-05-04 (48:14).
- ↑ Transmissão ao vivo, 2022-04-29 (39:00).
- ↑ Transmissão ao vivo, 2021-06-25 (1:13:30).
- ↑ 47.0 47.1 47.2 47.3 Entrevista, 2018-08-17 (24:48).
- ↑ Entrevista, 2020-03-27 (16:19).
- ↑ Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-05-22 (40:40).
- ↑ 51.0 51.1 51.2 51.3 51.4 51.5 51.6 Transmissão ao vivo, 2021-04-30 (1:01:10).
- ↑ 52.0 52.1 Transmissão ao vivo, 2020-10-30 (1:01:00).
- ↑ 54.0 54.1 Official Livestream - May 4th @ 3 PM PST - Q&A
- ↑ 55.0 55.1 55.2 55.3 55.4 Podcast, 2018-05-11 (21:07).
- ↑ Transmissão ao vivo, 2021-04-30 (41:18).
- ↑ 59.0 59.1 59.2 59.3 Podcast, 2021-04-11 (49:40).
- ↑ Blog: Creative Director's Letter, April 14 2021
- ↑ Entrevista, 2020-07-08 (1:12:51).
- ↑ 65.0 65.1 65.2 65.3 65.4 65.5 65.6 65.7 65.8
- ↑ Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-05-24 (37:05).
- ↑ Vídeo, 2021-05-28 (25:44).
- ↑ 69.0 69.1 Blog: 10 facts about castle sieges in the MMORPG.
- ↑ Vídeo, 2021-05-28 (11:55).
- ↑ Entrevista, 2018-08-08 (20:49).
- ↑ 72.0 72.1 Transmissão ao vivo, 2021-05-28 (1:04:29).
- ↑ Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-05-24 (17:08).
- ↑ Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-05-19 (45:14).
- ↑ Transmissão ao vivo, 2020-12-22 (1:13:51).
- ↑ Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-07-28 (36:51).
- ↑ 79.0 79.1 79.2 Transmissão ao vivo, 2020-08-28 (1:41:24).
- ↑ 80.0 80.1 80.2 Transmissão ao vivo, 2020-06-26 (59:11).
- ↑ 81.0 81.1 81.2 81.3 Transmissão ao vivo, 2019-11-22 (1:14:23).
- ↑ 82.0 82.1 82.2 Transmissão ao vivo, 2022-05-27 (1:18:09).
- ↑ 84.0 84.1 84.2 Transmissão ao vivo, 2018-04-8 (PM) (51:49).
- ↑ 85.0 85.1 85.2 85.3 85.4 Transmissão ao vivo, 2022-01-28 (17:50).
- ↑ 86.0 86.1 86.2 86.3 Entrevista, 2020-07-19 (37:58).
- ↑ Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-05-19 (47:07).
- ↑ 88.0 88.1 88.2 88.3 88.4 Transmissão ao vivo, 2019-11-22 (17:59).
- ↑ Transmissão ao vivo, 2019-11-22 (15:48).
- ↑ 90.0 90.1 90.2 90.3 90.4 90.5 90.6 90.7 90.8 Entrevista, 2020-07-08 (57:46).
- ↑ 91.0 91.1
- ↑ Transmissão ao vivo, 2020-06-26 (1:48:43).
- ↑ Ashes of Creation Apocalypse Early Access.
- ↑ Vídeo, 2019-09-24 (0:10).
- ↑ 96.0 96.1 96.2 Transmissão ao vivo, 2019-06-28 (31:15).
- ↑ 97.0 97.1 97.2 97.3 Transmissão ao vivo, 2019-11-22 (16:56).
- ↑ 98.0 98.1 Entrevista, 2020-07-08 (59:38).
- ↑ 99.0 99.1 99.2 99.3 Transmissão ao vivo, 2020-06-26 (1:02:12).
- ↑ 100.0 100.1 100.2 100.3 100.4 100.5 100.6 100.7 Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-07-18 (40:14).
- ↑ 101.0 101.1 101.2 101.3 Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-11-17 (47:10).
- ↑ Transmissão ao vivo, 2019-10-31 (36:20).
- ↑ 103.0 103.1 103.2 103.3 103.4 103.5 103.6 103.7 Transmissão ao vivo, 2022-03-31 (1:13:00).
- ↑ Forums - Livestream Q&A 2022-08-26.
- ↑ Podcast, 2021-09-29 (14:21).
- ↑ Transmissão ao vivo, 2020-06-26 (1:00:57).
- ↑ Transmissão ao vivo, 2021-03-26 (59:21).
- ↑ 108.0 108.1 108.2 Transmissão ao vivo, 2020-08-28 (2:04:00).
- ↑ 109.0 109.1 109.2 Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-05-19 (28:04).
- ↑ Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-05-19 (29:34).
- ↑ Transmissão ao vivo, 2021-02-26 (1:11:13).
- ↑ 112.0 112.1 112.2 112.3 Transmissão ao vivo, 2020-10-30 (39:17).
- ↑ 113.0 113.1 113.2 113.3 Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-05-24 (52:39).
- ↑ Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-05-24 (40:50).
- ↑ 115.0 115.1 Transmissão ao vivo, 2019-06-28 (1:26:14).
- ↑ 116.0 116.1 Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-05-24 (22:30).
- ↑ Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-05-03 (36:25).
- ↑ 121.0 121.1 Transmissão ao vivo, 2022-04-29 (1:07:20).
- ↑ 122.0 122.1 Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-10-16 (59:39).
- ↑ 123.0 123.1 123.2 Entrevista, 2020-07-08 (1:00:15).
- ↑ 124.0 124.1 Entrevista, 2020-07-08 (1:04:05).
- ↑ Transmissão ao vivo, 2019-11-22 (41:02).
- ↑ Transmissão ao vivo, 2023-01-27 (1:33:42).
- ↑ 127.0 127.1 127.2 127.3 Podcast, 2018-05-11 (49:20).
- ↑ Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-05-19 (10:06).
- ↑ 129.0 129.1 Transmissão ao vivo, 2018-04-8 (AM) (28:01).
- ↑ 130.0 130.1 Entrevista, 2018-08-17 (14:59).
- ↑ City hall.
- ↑ 133.0 133.1 Entrevista, 2020-07-19 (24:34).
- ↑ Blog - Know Your Nodes - The Basics.
- ↑ Vídeo, 2018-04-05 (41:48).
- ↑ Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-05-05 (23:26).
- ↑ 138.0 138.1 Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-05-19 (25:18).
- ↑ 139.0 139.1 139.2 Transmissão ao vivo, 2020-11-30 (1:16:09).
- ↑ 140.0 140.1 Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-05-22 (57:37).
- ↑ 141.0 141.1 Entrevista, 2018-05-11 (44:20).
- ↑ 142.0 142.1 Entrevista, 2018-08-08 (11:52).