- Priests, bishops or acolytes in certain temples.
- Patron guild leader.
- Chief bounty hunter.
- This cooldown period allows players to establish citizenship at the village; which may require them to relinquish previous citizenship at another node.
- Following the initial cooldown, there will be a one week election process, then from that point on, elections will follow a monthly cadence.
- Cercos de base may not be declared for 21 days following a node advancing to Vilarejo (estágio 3). This does not apply to nodes at higher stages.
The village stage is a unique stage because that's when the government system comes online and all other stages past village there will have already been a cadence for the election system and it will follow that cadence, but after the initial village stage is completed there will be a one week period where players have an opportunity to establish citizenship at the village that also provides for the cooldown time that is- that would be present on players leaving another node to kind of participate in in this particular node leveling up. But that after that one week period then there will be a one-week election process and then from that point moving forward will be the one month cadence that the node experiences elections on. – Steven Sharif
- Election notices will be mailed to the accounts of citizens.
- Only citizens of a node may participate in its elections.
- Only node citizens may be elected mayor.
- A king or queen can also become a mayor.
- Divine node governments are chosen from citizens via service oriented quests that prove faith and dedication to the node.
- Governos de Bases Mercantis podem ser comprados e vendidos por cidadãos com a maior fortuna.
- Mayors of military nodes are chosen from citizens through last man standing (gladiatorial arena style) combat.
- An idea currently under consideration is to have players build out a champion that they can then fight in the arena, rather then using their regular characters. These champions can be equipped with gear and skills via quests, along with materials and gold to make the champion stronger.
- The reason for the champion idea is because the game isn't balanced for 1v1 Pvp. Utilizing champions makes arena combat more of a level playing ground.
- Arena style combat is instanced but spectators may be possible through an interface.
- Scientific node governments are elected democratically. Records of who voted for who are not published.
We want the City Hall to be the place where big decisions are made for each Node. It should be where the “ruling class” comes together and decides what to do (these decisions can quickly make them the “old ruling class” too).
- Status of the node's economy.
- Status of upcoming elections.
- Status of trade agreements.
- Status of caravans.
- Clicking on a citizen will reveal information about their guild, society, religion, and property ownership.
- Coordinate the transfer of needed supplies with citizens operating caravans.
- Only one citizenship may be declared per account, per server.
- This may have changed to one citizenship per account.
- A king or queen can also become a mayor.
- Enter into trade agreements.
- Directing assets.
- Mayors are able to allocate treasury funding to hire mercenary NPCs to defend their node during sieges.
- Mayors are able to initiate quest-driven systems that non-citizens can participate in. The mayor can use a portion of the node's treasury or goods as rewards for quest completion. Players will be able to interface with the node to view the quests that are available to them.
The government has a lot of say in the direction of the nodes development. Directing assets, building projects, tax allocation, defensive ability etc. Players have the ability to not only create these cities, but they have the right of self-governance.
There are levers and dials that are present to both the owners of Castles as well as the elected officials of Nodes that during their administration they have the ability to impact and influence the region around them. – Steven Sharif
- Guilds hold separate roles in the direction of the node than the roles held by private citizens.
- Only a certain number of guilds may participate in these roles.
- Separate guild roles are reserved for small, medium and large guilds.
Guild’s also hold separate roles in the direction of the node, than the roles held by private citizens, and only a certain number of guilds may participate in these roles. Separate guild roles are reserved for Small size guilds, medium size guilds and large size guilds.
Node layout and style
- Localização da base.
- Tipo de Base.
- Raça que mais contribuiu para a evolução da Base.
- O resto é determinado pelo prefeito da base.
Existe um atrito e esse atrito na experiência e influência aumenta de acordo com a performance da raça no mundo. Então se todas as bases forem de Orc, o nível de atrito deles será muito alto para competir com outras raças na hora de estabelecer a cultura de novas bases. Isso acontece pois já são muito influentes e existe uma opinião popular contra eles nas regiões que não influenciam. – Steven Sharif
Edificações de base construíveis
Essas são edificações que o prefeito pode controlar se serão construídas ou não. Edificações construíveis podem ser escolhidas em um dos espaços de terra que uma base recebe quando evolui. Se escolherem começar a construção de um desses tipos de edificações - uma das quais é o mercado -, receberão certos benefícios de comércio assim como quiosques que os cidadãos podem alugar. – Steven Sharif
E pode ocorrer uma mudança de regime... Se alguém não gostar de terem construído um mercado e quiserem eleger um novo governo no próximo cíclo, eles podem...e aquele mercado poderia ser destruído e algo novo construído em seu lugar.
Cercos de base
Cercos de base permitem que os jogadores destruam bases. Isso abre o caminho para novos desenvolvimentos e o acesso a conteúdos bloqueados nas bases próximas. Devido a essa dinâmica, o conflito político e a intriga fazem um papel importante na estrutura do mundo.
- This mutually flags the citizens of the warring nodes, including their allies, as combatants.
- Bases Vassalas cannot declare a node war on their parent node or any of their vassals.
We have conditions that you can set between nodes with regards to either nodes being friendly with each other and acting trade alliances, or they can declare war on nodes similar to how guild wars may function in different games, where those citizens become hostile to each other based on the player government that's elected in the particular node. So those systems all kind of cater to allowing a conflict that's meaningful and that also provides a non-imbalanced relationship between stronger guilds and not as strong guilds. – Steven Sharif
- The only way to remove an elected mayor prior to the end of their term is by destroying the node.
Node governments can enter into trade agreements with other nodes. Each node entering into the agreement can designate caravans with materials to be sent to the other; improving the economy of both nodes. This gives experience to all involved, contributes to the node’s growth and helps to construct buildings.
Mercenary guilds will be a viable way forward for different organizations. I think there will be a lot of business to be had with that; and one of the systems in our trade agreements is creating an escrow for those particular type of arrangements that we're looking into. – Steven Sharif
- Economic relationships between nodes established by Mayors through the caravan system.
- An aspect of naval content.
- Tax money only goes toward funding node development.
- Taxation rates scale based on when a player joined a node as a citizen. The goal is to exert financial pressure on node populations by making taxes increasingly expensive as nodes advance, rather than putting in place hard population caps.
- This tax doesn't necessarily impact the individual citizen, because citizen's tax levels are determined by their node, but the node's finances are affected by the taxation levied by its parent nodes.
- A player's tax charge will be determined by the number of structures built on their plot.
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2020-03-28 (1:02:46).
- MMOGames interview, January 2017
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2019-07-26 (1:20:48).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-11-17 (9:49).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2020-07-25 (1:52:45).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2020-03-28 (1:01:34).
- Entrevista, 2020-03-27 (6:03).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2020-10-30 (1:01:00).
- Entrevista, 2018-05-11 (50:05).
- Node series part II – the Metropolis.
- Blog - Know Your Nodes - The Basics.
- Entrevista, 2020-07-19 (26:54).
- Podcast, 2018-05-11 (52:20).
- Entrevista, 2020-03-27 (09:05).
- Entrevista, 2020-03-27 (11:04).
- Blog: Creative Director's Letter
- City hall.
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2018-12-12 (14:48).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-06-30 (53:57).
- Entrevista, 2018-10-20 (2:36).
- Vídeo, 2019-07-15 (2:12).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2020-06-26 (59:11).
- Entrevista, 2020-07-08 (1:04:05).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-05-19 (36:05).
- Entrevista, 2018-05-11 (47:27).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-05-19 (36:09).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2020-06-26 (45:32).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2018-02-09 (33:50).
- Blog - Know Your Nodes - Advance and Destroy.
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2018-09-27 (53:06).
- Entrevista, 2018-05-11 (54:34).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-05-26 (21:23).
- Entrevista, 2018-05-11 (1:00:19).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2020-03-28 (1:16:03).
- Vídeo, 2020-03-23 (0:24).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-05-19 (33:57).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2018-01-20 (38:17).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 8 April 2018 (PM) (51:49).
- Entrevista, 2020-07-08 (55:05).
- Vídeo, 2016-12-04 (0:02).
- A reactive world - Nodes.
- Vídeo, 2017-04-30 (5:31).
- Entrevista, 2020-07-19 (24:34).
- Vídeo, 2018-04-05 (41:48).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-05-24 (40:50).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2019-06-28 (1:26:14).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 8 April 2018 (AM) (18:59).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-05-17 (30:53).
- Kickstarter - We Just Broke $1,500,000!
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2020-03-28 (1:03:38).
- Entrevista, 2020-03-27 (0:30).
- Entrevista, 2018-05-11 (57:02).