Mapa de mundo
The world of Verra features an in-game viewable world map. This map is not randomly generated, and begins covered in a fog of war. Players will not be able to see the world until they have explored it or gathered information about it. The world is also full of imperfect information, which will require the player to act on it for verification.
For example, you may hear a rumor in a tavern that tells you the location of a cave full of weak Kobolds, but this was not accurate as the rumor was started by well-equipped bandits in order to waylay overconfident adventurers.
- These points of interest are determined by Progressão de base; and not every server will share the same map, as player decisions will vary server to server.
The map will have geographical choke points (such as Mountains) that are not traversable by players.
Even though we're an open-world that doesn't mean that from a design perspective, especially with the way our economic systems work, that we will want to create Geographic choke points. – Steven Sharif
- 1 Alpha island
- 2 Verra
- 3 World size
- 4 Economic regions
- 5 Castle regions
- 6 Roads
- 7 Pontos de interesse
- 8 Landmarks
- 9 Procedural generation
- 10 Mini map
- 11 Battle maps
- 12 Bounty hunter maps
- 13 Starting areas
- 14 Alpha-1 starting area
- 15 Zones of influence
- 16 Coastal nodes
- 17 Ashes of Creation Apocalypse map
- 18 Climate
- 19 Caça ao tesouro
- 20 Servers
- 21 Arte
- 22 Community guides
- 23 Ver também
- 24 Referências
- The Alpha-1 starting area is set in the ruins of an Pyrian divine gateway.
- There are 12 different (sub)zones in the Alpha-1 testing location.
- The Alpha-1 zone is almost 100 km2 in size. This is about 17% of the total world size.
- Alpha island (also called Alpha-0 island) was the first open-world testing zone for Alpha-1 participants.
- There are approximately 4 biomes in Alpha-1: Flood plains, Sahara (Desert), Snowy mountains.
- Temporary teleportation points will be present in early tests until ships are introduced later in the alpha testing.
Verra was created to house four separate... divine races and they're called divine races because the remaining seven gods imbued their characteristics within each of these different races. They didn't put all of them into one and make the same mistake. They had focuses really that these races took essentially. – Steven Sharif
Shape of Verra
- The Verran planet is not flat. You may not see a curvature on the horizon in this, but from a lore perspective the universe in Verra does adhere to some basic physics and laws of physics that we experience in the real world, which means it is not flat. – Steven Sharif
- There will not be world wrapping in Ashes of Creation. – Steven Sharif
- Water area is considered playable area, but the exact area of land versus water is not known at this time.
480 square kilometers; which is pretty large comparatively to other MMORPGs out there. Now that does not include the lapped spaces: So that is the Underrealm and the portion of the world that it encompasses, which could probably easily take up an additional hundredish square kilometers I would imagine. – Steven Sharif
- The Alpha-0 map was a 4km x 4km area (16 km2).
- The Ashes of Creation Apocalypse battle royale map was 2.5km x 2.5km (6.25 km2).
- The Alpha-1 zone is almost 100 km2 in size. This is about 17% of the total world size.
- Castle regions are larger and encompass multiple economic regions.
- Bases are the glue that hold castle and economic regions together in potential synergy or chaos.
- Castle regions, Economic regions, and Node ZOI (Zones of Influence) can overlap.
- A castle's region is 1/5th the game world.
- Castle regions, Economic regions, and Node ZOI (Zones of Influence) can overlap.
- Castle region boundaries are static.
- Castle taxes are carried via NPC generated caravans from the nodes that fall under the castle's purview to one of the castle nodes at the end of each week leading up to a castle siege.
- In addition to taxes, Castles also influence crop yields, resources and events within its region.
- Part of the tax and resources gathered are applied to the castle for improvements.
- The remainder of tax income can be used by the guild for whatever they want.
- When castles change hands (following a siege), some taxes stay with the castle and some stay with the guild.
Castles have the ability to allocate taxes collected from nodes under them toward certain benefits that go back to the node. Or they can be more selfishly governed that treasury more towards the guild that owns it and that obviously is going to have some political implications, because it could- if you're not using it for the benefit of the people in the region they might rise up and help take you out from that that position of owning that castle. – Steven Sharif
- The largest roads are referred to as arteries. These are remnants of what was once the ancient highway system of Verra.
- As nodes advance smaller roads, referred to as veins, connect the arteries to the nodes.
- Depending on the stages of node advancement, capillary roads will stem off the node to connect to points of interest.
- Roads or pathways are not worn into the landscape by repeated traffic over the same area.
- Pathways that are open during summer may be closed during winter.
- Seasonal affects may cause obstacles or blockages to the transit of goods via caravan.
- Water turning to ice in winter, enabling players to walk over the water but blocking access to what is underneath.
- Ice will make roads bumpy and slippery.
Pontos de interesse
- Additional buildings will spawn.
- Additional mobs will spawn.
- Content difficulty will change.
- Masmorras will be unlocked when certain nodes advance to certain stages.
- Drop tables in areas and dungeons will be tied into the progression of certain areas.
Certain dungeons and other points of interest across the map will all be affected by the server’s node development. Some dungeons will only be unlocked if nodes are developed to certain stages. The storyline objectives for players inside dungeons will also be dependent on the story arc paths chosen through the node system. The drop tables in area and dungeons will also be tied into the progression of certain areas. For example, let’s say that the humans have developed a node in Region A, and a storyline has opened up that leads players to inspect the ruins (dungeon) of a nearby area. And let’s say that this node was developed in a scientific (crafting) zone… Well before the node developed, this dungeon was accessible… But now the dungeon has propagated new monster assets that include a drop table catering to a crafting emphasis because of the development of that scientific node. And perhaps, a new boss appears in different rooms of the dungeon that includes different adventure quest starts, like a mysterious item with a storyline that can only be progressed if a node develops to the metropolis stage in a certain region, across the world. Our system is so vast, when it comes to interconnectivity and how the world reacts to the players.
- As nodes advance and expand they will influence nearby points-of-interest such as dungeon bosses, regional bosses and Raid bosses.
- The difficulty level and loot tables of these encounters will change based on this influence.
- These are sources of NPC events that players need to address before they grow out of hand.
- There are events that lead to the spreading of corruption that players will have to fight back against. When these events that occur players will need to participate to keep the intrusion on the material plane back.
- Harbingers that exist on Verra as dungeons are where The Ancients are capable of pushing into the material plane. They can continue to do so under the guise of the effects of corruption as it spreads.
- Corrupted areas do not confer corruption onto a player.
There are certain things that can happen, such as the spawning of dragons or hordes of zombies that are going to come out and attack those installations, those nodes, those points of interest; and... communities that don't respond to those in an effective way might see the disabling of certain services, the reduction of certain quest lines for particular organizations. The idea is to keep this as part of a believable living response from world, so those can get pretty significant the bad effects that can happen for the community. – Steven Sharif
Major visual landmarks. You can look all the way across the horizon have an idea where you're going or where to meet friends or where to meet just based on these huge landmarks in the world. – Mat Broome
Players will be able to move resources and set up shop in other areas to take advantage of the varied markets. With resources spawning dynamically, certain regions will naturally become important trading hubs for the transportation of goods throughout the world.
- The goal is to allow pings and other forms of communication tools via the mini-map.
Battle maps allow players to strategize, gain bonuses on planned attacks, and see the blueprints of attackable points. Whether attacking a node or castle, players will be able to discern defenses, analyze possible weak points and gain tactical advantages before the battle begins.
- Battle maps might not fit into lower level or smaller sized taverns.
- Battle maps are not currently on the official roadmap for launch.
Battle maps offer an interactive command map instead of the standard World map. The system would be accessed through City hall or battle planning center. Battle maps work similar to a Risk board, with the node siege map laid out with moveable pieces that would represent defenses. Moving pieces would create buff zones that would give active siege players access to special items or perks. The map does not show the currently active battle: pieces will have to be moved before the battle commences. The idea is to make sieges more strategic and avoid simple zerg tactics.
Bounty hunter maps
Jogadores com uma pontuação muito alta de corrupção ficarão visiveis no mapa assim como no mini-mapa. Esses jogadores irão ser marcados no mapa por um NPC em um node militar de nivel 4 (aldeia), que só sera obtido por jogadores com o título de caçadores de recompensa. A precisão dos mapas dos caçadores de recompensa é determinada pela progressão do jogador no sistema de caçador de recompensa.
As Tavernas são um dos locais onde as recompensas são exibidas. A medida que os jogadores ganham corrupção, as tavernas poderão oferecer recompensas para eliminar esses jogadores; ou ter uma area livre de problemas entre jogadores, dando assim um POI (ponto de interesse) ao mapa.
Bounty hunter Pathfinding ability
|Skill||Icon||Rank 1||Rank 2||Rank 3|
|Pathfinding||Reveals corrupted player locations on the bounty hunter's map. Activating this ability will flag the bounty hunter for combat only to corrupted players for a period of one hour from the time of activation. The pathfinding ability can be toggled on or off.||The accuracy of the pathfinding skill is determined by a player's progression in the bounty hunter system.||The accuracy of the pathfinding skill is determined by a player's progression in the bounty hunter system.|
- Starting areas are located near one of the four divine gateways where players spawn into the world.
- Each race has its own starting area.
- Starting areas include expeditionary NPC settlements that serve as initial quest origination points. Lore-wise, these settlements represent scouts that were sent ahead of the main expedition back to Verra.
A problem that a lot of MMOs have is that those starting areas become just kind of vacant of players and it's so sad because the greatest aspect of an MMO is that community that you get to experience, so one of the great things about the node system is that it really works from new player acquisition standpoint, where these nodes tend to develop larger near the starting location areas around the world; and it brings these players back to those locations if they're citizens and want services within those cities. So, as new players enter the world they're going to actually be surrounded most likely by more population because people are coming back to those larger nodes. – Steven Sharif
Alpha-1 starting area
- Divine gateways are where players first arrive in Ashes of Creation.
- Players can choose their starting gateway. This choice is not restricted by their choice of race.
- The divine gateways were created by the Goddess of Creation in response to a warning from the Goddess of Fate that The Ancients and The Others would return from exile and seek retribution for their defeat at the hands of The Seven gods.
Where players start, they enter this portal from another world called Sanctus. Sanctus is a place of no magic, low technology; and players are the first expeditioners that are coming through this portal into the world of Verra. – Jeffrey Bard
Zones of influence
Toda base controla uma área geográfica predefinida chamada de Zona de Influência (ZOI). A atividade de jogadores dentro da ZOI é levada em consideração e conta para a evolução de uma determinada base.
Toda Base pode se tornar uma cidade, mas é limitada por seus vizinhos. Bases tem níveis diferentes de evolução, e a quantidade de bases que pode existir em cada nível é limitada. Imagine que isso é porque bases mais avançadas precisam de espaço. Bases abrangem uma área maior à mediad que crescem, e precisarão de mais esforço para se sustentarem. Esse sistema é a principal influência da mudança no mundo pois cria uma escassez de recursos. À medida que as Bases avançam em seus estágios de crescimento, impedirão que Bases vizinhas progridam, e dominarão suas zonas de influência.
O que mais nos diferencia de outros MMOs é que temos um mundo vivo, que respira e reage às ações dos jogadores... Nosso mundo é separado em zonas, que são então separadas no que chamamos de bases. Bases são como zonas de influência invisiveis que percebem tudo que um jogador faz; então à medida que os jogadores ganham experiência matando coisas, fazendo missões, criando itens, etc, a base também ganha experiência. Quando uma base ganha experiência o suficiente, ela evolui e começa a atrair PNJs para si. – Jeffrey Bard
Zonas e progressão
Masmorras, Raids, Chefes mundiais, Mobs, Missões, Eventos, Recursos, Narrativas e outros conteúdos dentro da ZOI de uma bases terão uma variedade de níveis diversa, mas escalarão com o estágio daquela base e com sua influência racial.
Não temos uma zona exclusiva do nível 25. Em vez disso, uma certa zona pode ter algumas criaturas níveis 10 próximas da estrada, outras criaturas nível 20 dentro da floresta, e ainda outras níveis 30 nas montanhas. Essa escala vai mudar de acordo com as Bases próximas, e no geral a escala fica mais perigoda à medida que a Base evolui. Toda essa civilização atrai a atenção de Coisas-Que-Não-Deveriam-Existir. Isso não quer dizer que regiões selvagens sejam seguras. Talves sejam menos perigosas, mas em todo lugar haverão perigos até para os aventureiros mais experientes. – Steven Sharif
- These nodes will have specific water oriented influences and abilities, services, questlines, that relate to the seas.
- Coastal nodes change the spawn tables of the nearby water content and can also trigger specific events.
- Harbors in coastal nodes will have quest lines that relate to the ocean and nearby islands.
- It may be possible to siege a coastal city by sea.
Ashes of Creation Apocalypse map
Forest of Erinthia map
- Breakwater Quarry
- Chillmouth Outpost
- Coldwind Township
- Dream Spire
- Erinthia's Shame
- Hallowed Vale
- Icebound Lookout
- Icecap Thicket
- The Spirit Vault
- City of Alerynn
- City of Gant
- Creation's Rest
- Crystal Canyons
- Farstrider Outpost
- Fionne Vale
- Fort Ryll
- Karthmere Keep
- La'sai Village
- Nyliann Academy
- Rotweald Forest
- Sa'kaan Fens
- Sky Mesa
- Spire of Eremus
- Town of Grimsale
- Town of Valenn
- There will be dynamic weather that varies in intensity.
- For example: Drizzle to/from storm, or Blizzard to/from snow.
There are climate effects that occur from a buff standpoint. They can also affect skills like, let's say you're using a frost bolt in a winter climate. There's the ability for those effects to be enhanced and/or stronger in those climates. – Steven Sharif
Caça ao tesouro
- The more treasure a player finds the better maps they can create.
- Hints are given through rumor mills, interaction with different NPCs, and gaining access to potential dig sites.
- Treasure hunting will be a "way of life" rather than a profession.
- Servers will be named after the champions of the great battles that led up to the fall of Verra.
- Post launch, users will be able to select their server by the ping or the region that's notated next to the server.
- Ashes of Creation Apocalypse server selection is driven by the party leader. Whatever region they have selected will apply to their friends and squad.
We'll have a multitude of servers located throughout to the various regions of the world; and those servers will be good connection points for- and will be driven by- I mean there's two types of servers I'm sorry: For the alpha-1 arena those will be driven by the party leader right; and wherever whatever region they have selected if they invite friends to their squad or whatever, they'll be able to play on that region. With regards to live launch when the server's go live, you'll be selecting a server to play on; and that will be your character's home; and that server you'll be aware of where that server is located usually by either a ping or a region that's notated on next to the server. – Steven Sharif
- Blog: Creative Director's Letter
- Entrevista, 2017-05-22 (22:54).
- The mighty beard!
- MMOGames interview, January 2017
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-05-15 (30:53).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2020-06-26 (1:25:11).
- Alpha-1 screenshot.
- Guide to Alpha One.
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2020-11-30 (12:09).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2020-11-30 (22:43).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2020-11-30 (9:51).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2021-03-26 (16:05).
- Entrevista, 2020-07-19 (1:21:49).
- Podcast, 2021-04-11 (53:01).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2020-11-30 (25:45).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2021-01-29 (26:38).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2020-11-30 (24:51).
- Vídeo, 2017-09-04 (1:16).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2020-11-08 (0:00:00).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2020-11-30 (44:51).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2020-09-30 (55:15).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2020-01-30 (1:18:12).
- Entrevista, 2018-08-17 (10:43).
- February 8, 2019 - Questions and Answers.
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-10-31 (24:00).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2018-09-27 (9:08).
- Blog: 10 facts about castle sieges in the MMORPG.
- Podcast, 2018-04-23 (15:14).
- Blog - Know Your Nodes - The Basics.
- Entrevista, 2018-08-24 (3:44).
- About Ashes of Creation.
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2021-04-30 (1:01:10).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2020-08-28 (1:39:02).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2021-01-29 (55:44).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2021-01-29 (1:13:04).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2018-02-09 (45:48).
- Podcast, 2021-04-11 (23:36).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2020-06-26 (1:29:06).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-05-08 (20:27).
- Our immersive world - Environments.
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2020-10-30 (1:19:13).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-05-19 (32:23).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2021-03-26 (50:33).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2021-03-26 (22:53).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-11-17 (36:22).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-11-17 (18:29).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2020-07-25 (46:08).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2021-03-26 (50:03).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2021-06-25 (1:13:30).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2020-11-08 (12:47).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2021-06-25 (1:32:24).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2018-08-17 (10:01).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-12-15 (1:09:36).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2021-01-29 (1:23:23).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-10-31 (33:28).
- Entrevista, 2017-01-20 (06:12).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-05-24 (48:00).
- Entrevista, 2017-04-27 (9:28).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2020-03-28 (32:30).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2020-07-25 (1:03:03).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-10-16 (53:58).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-05-19 (29:25).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-07-28 (25:20).
- Vídeo, 2018-04-05 (40:08).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2021-03-26 (17:23).
- Entrevista, 2020-07-20 (13:33).
- Entrevista, 2018-04-20 (5:46).
- Node series part I
- Ashes of Creation FAQ.
- Entrevista, 2018-04-20 (7:22).
- Entrevista, 2018-05-11 (55:16).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2018-07-09 (39:32).
- Entrevista, 2020-07-19 (19:35).
- Interview: Ashes of Creation on Building Their Virtual World, 13 April 2017.
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2018-08-17 (58:53).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 8 April 2018 (PM) (1:01:28).
- Entrevista, 2020-07-19 (48:05).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-05-19 (37:51).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-05-17 (30:53).
- Kickstarter - We Just Broke $1,500,000!
- Ashes of Creation Apocalypse Forest of Erinthia locations.
- Ashes of Creation Apocalypse locations.
- Vídeo, 2017-05-30 (0:01).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-07-18 (36:47).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-06-01 (29:33).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-07-28 (41:25).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2020-09-30 (1:04:56).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-07-18 (53:52).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2018-05-04 (39:05).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2018-12-06 (40:46).
- Podcast, 2021-04-11 (36:43).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-05-19 (37:03).
- Official Livestream - May 4th @ 3 PM PST - Q&A
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2018-09-27 (48:13).