- 1 Gear types
- 2 Modular armor
- 3 Gear sets
- 4 Gear binding
- 5 Gear enhancement
- 6 Gear appearance
- 7 Gear slots
- 8 Item rendering
- 9 Class weapons and armor
- 10 Racial weapons and armor
- 11 Crafted gear
- 12 Racial skins
- 13 Costumes
- 14 Gear inspection/ Threat assessment
- 15 Item durability
- 16 Item repair
- 17 Legendary items
- 18 Switching gear
- 19 Trading gear
- 20 Arte
- 21 Ver também
- 22 Referências
We like to really refer to ourselves as a PvX game, because in those systems of PvP, PvE, crafting they're all intertwined: They're interdependent on each other... Our system of development really requires some interdependence there between those things. You're going to need a crafter to give you the best items. You're going to need PvPers to secure cities and castles. You're gonna need PvErs to take down those world bosses for those materials to craft. – Steven Sharif
- There is a balance between Pvp and PvE in Ashes of Creation.
- Some servers may be more PvP focused than others.
- There will not be different Pvp and PvE gear types.
- Progressão in the game might require PvE elements.
- All stats relate to a player's combat effectiveness in PvX.
We're very clear with our objective and philosophy on the game and we understand that they may not appeal to everybody. But you know it is an important reciprocal relationship between the content that's related to PvE and the content that's related to PvP and they feed off of each other. They're catalysts for change: Their progression, their development. It's things that people can value when they see something earned and they see something lost. That elicits an emotional response from the player: That they've invested time in to either succeed or fail; and PvP allows for that element to be introduced into gameplay. And we're very clear that is our objective: That risk versus reward relationship, that achievement-based mentality. Not everybody's going to be a winner and that's okay. – Steven Sharif
- Axes (One and two handed).
- Hammers are being considered.
- Maces (One and two handed).
- Potion launchers.
- Swords/Rapiers (One and two handed).
- Chest armor.
Your base look for the character can be pretty boring, but what Steven gave us a challenge with from day one was to make sure even the base look, the t-shirt and pants, looked amazing... This is your zero character, if you will... Then you can go in and customize everything from the shoulder pads to the elbow pads, the belt that goes around them; do you want duel belts, you want to harness the clothes in the front. So every piece you see on here you can actually customize that at the front end. So what we do is we scale that up from zero, ten and twenty... We scale it up and we customize it; and then I want to really stress that each one of those looks as you progress is different. We're not just repurposing the same armor pieces. We're making unique sets that complement each other as you progress. – Mat Broome
You can actually have three different types of themes: You have plate, you'll have leather and you'll have robe. So for every armor set that we're showing at each one of those tiers, you're actually gonna have nine unique looks to pick from. – Mat Broome
- Players gain bonuses depending on the number of pieces of the set they have equipped.
- There are passive abilities that can be chosen to become more adept with certain set types.
- There are tiers of gear that players can access based on their level.
- There will be viable non-set builds.
- Racial appearance of gear sets is tied to the character model of that race.
Verra will be filled with many sets of armor, each set uniquely carved into the history of the world. Mana-forged sets are distinctly vibrant with luminescent magic, pulsating across the body of its hero. We hope you enjoy them, and look forward to many more glimpses into the armors of Verra, waiting for their champions! – Margaret Krohn
Regalia of the Iron Lion
The Iron Lion is a fairly new order, one formed out of a desire to control the unknowable. With the rediscovery of the old world, many Kaelar wondered what lay beyond, considering the incredible power the divine gateways represented. To this end, the Iron Lion focuses not only on martial combat, but also on the art of dampening magic. Without such knowledge, establishing a foothold may be all but impossible - rampant magic is an unpredictable, and many times lethal, complication in any sortie. Due to this, the Iron Lion puts forth significant effort in studying and learning about the magics they come across, hoping to minimize the dangers they pose.
Ashes of Creation Apocalypse item rarities
- Very little gear will be account bound or soulbound in Ashes of Creation.
- Gear is obtained via crafting, gathering and processing along with raid and dungeon bosses.
A lot of what we experienced in games that usually come before us is that many things are account bound and they're soulbound to your character... Instead very little here is character bound. Very very little. The vast majority of gear- yes you will get quest related gear as rewards- but it won't be let's say one set in one dungeon and you must run the dungeon over and over. Instead we want to really emphasize the reliance on the economy and crafters and gatherers and processors to support a majority of the gear structure in-game, combined with that of world raid bosses and dungeon bosses; not a repetitive quest line through a single dungeon. – Steven Sharif
- There will be no "grindy" quests.
- There will not be repetitive quest lines through a single dungeon to obtain gear.
- The aspiration is to have more things to do in the game than a player has time to do.
We are very likely going to have a rune system and then we'll have the ability to sort of enchant weapons outside of that too... That's not always going to be like a vertical progression... Some of it's going to be giving up something to get something else; so maybe I do less physical damage but more magical damage, that kind of thing. – Jeffrey Bard
- Progressão in various Pvp systems will unlock enchantment stones that grant temporary PvP-focused benefits to gear (via a socketing system). Performance is measured over six month PvP seasons.
It's not as though you're going to necessarily acquire these once and then you're set for your PvP enchantments, but instead you'll have to continually perform month after month in order to keep having those slotted enchantments. – Steven Sharif
- Vertical enchantments are a power progression for a crafted item. More damage or mitigations, added effects or bonuses. Vertical enchantments include risks. 
When it comes to over-enchanting things, what we're going to do likely is have a safety- and this is something obviously it needs to be tested- but we're going to have a safety period of enchantment you know like in Lineage 2 I think you could enchant plus four or something. And so we're gonna have a similar system where you can enchant safely and then when you start to take risks, that percentage of potentially damaging your item either through the decay system or completely disabling it through the destruction system will be a risk that's present. – Steven Sharif
- Horizontal enchantments are more situational. For example: I'd like my sword to do force damage instead of holy damage because the monsters I tend to fight are incorporeal.
Power creep is a balance issue... When it comes to gear progression specifically, the idea is to create an open market that is not heavily dependent on soulbound items; and having many item sinks and gold sinks within that economy that allows for the potential degradation and loss of assets within that closed economy; and not introduce items from the market that companies put in from a pay-to-win perspective or from a pay-to-convenience perspective that undermines the economy that players have built. That is a huge mistake that companies have made in the past and that lends to the imbalancing of what designers maybe have actually balanced well. – Steven Sharif
- Cosmetic slots can be toggled on or off by the player.
- Gear is intended to be realistic in appearance.
I'm more of the mind that it wouldn't really serve a purpose to have bikini plate armor, just in like reality, if you're going to have armor, it should be protective. I think from a fashion statement is enjoyable for some people, but it's a kind of an immersive issue. – Steven Sharif
- There will be hundreds of attachments available ranging from a small clasp to the front plate of a breast plate.
Items on back and belt
Items attached to a character's back or belt represent items they are in possession of. Players can set the appearance priority for the items they wish to show. Only one item can show at a time, and that is determined by player choice.
The idea is to kind of move away from the mundane kind of application of belts in previous MMOs where they don't really have a lot of character so to speak. But in reality you know as an adventurer you come with a lot of tools and things that you have to use out in the wild in order to achieve what you're trying to achieve. So we wanted to kind of represent that on your character and give you something that can actually be tangible for your character and see there. I think it adds a lot of character and flavor to your identity. – Steven Sharif
- Characters performing ranged abilities will switch to the ranged weapon, then can switch back to the melee weapon and shield or two-handed melee weapon.
- The weapon held in the main hand slot determines the active weapon ability.
Do I want my main hand to be my ranged weapon or do I want my main hand to be my melee weapon with regards to skill usage. For example, with the Ranger, if you have a range skill it'll automatically swap regardless of what your main weapon hand is, but for the combat ability for the "Auto Attack" feature it would be your chosen weapon. – Steven Sharif
- The cooldown will be in the range of a few seconds.
For the MMORPG we want there to be some time between damage received or damage done before you can swap your weapon. It's not going to be substantial. It will maybe be a few seconds. – Steven Sharif
Class weapons and armor
Weapons are intended to be somewhat agnostic in the sense that you can find a way for a weapon to be utilized by different classes. Not just the rogue is going to be able to use daggers. Because if you restrict equipment through that, it makes the economy more difficult to have sustainability across the market of items. – Steven Sharif
Racial weapons and armor
The customization of equipment per race is really focused on Armor sets not Weapon props. Weapon props will, from a model standpoint, will translate pretty one-to-one across the races. – Steven Sharif
Let's say for example you have the Eagle set or something, right: The Eagle set has in art, it has a thematic design that's going to include certain attachments to the armor. It's going to include color palette and theme. It's going to have some aspects to it that define it as the Eagle set, right. When a Elf wears the Eagle set or when an Orc wears the Eagle set, you obviously have two different cultures there; and you don't want to stomp out that culture by assigning a de facto 'This is the Eagle set and this is how it looks on everybody.' What we want to have is cultural influences play a role in showing how that set looks. – Steven Sharif
When you say, what if I'm an Orc but want to look like an Elf and I want my Eagle set to be the Elf representation? Well the issue becomes there that you know Orcs have a different organic model. You know, their body is different than that of the Elf. So, from a scope-creep standpoint, it's one thing to add different influences that represent the cultures that are donning the armor; it's another thing to adapt each influence as a matrix that can be worn pretty much by everything. From a scope perspective, that's a very difficult task for the character artists to kind of tackle. So instead what we've done is, in order to facilitate a variety of cultural representation between the races but allow for the sharing of assets like different armor sets, we give different representations of those armor sets to each race. – Steven Sharif
- Os itens de maior tier serão uma combinação de itens fabricados e adquiridos de chefes.
- A raridade dos itens será medida de acordo com o esforço necessário para coletar, processar e fabricar os itens.
- Talvez seja possível para os artesãos determinar o visual dos itens fabricados.
- O nome do artesão está gravado nos itens que fabricar.
Acreditamos que todo item que existe no mundo deveria, de alguma maneira, refletir seu fabricador. Assim, nosso sistema de fabricação será extremamente versátil - dando aos artesãos a habilidade de fabricar itens únicos que representem seus pontos fortes e fracos.
A Fabricação e os Chefes Mundiais serão a principal maneira de adquirir equipamentos de alto nível. Haverão algumas exceções a isso na forma de itens Lendários (apenas um pode ser obtido ou descoberto) e outros equipamentos que podem ser conseguidos, mas queremos que Artesãos e raids do tier mais alto produzam a maior parte do equipamento de alto nível e alta efetividade. – Sarah Flanagan
Item creation suite
- Racial skins transform the race of the character to that skin. The original racial appearance of the character is entirely replaced.
- Racial skins can be toggled on and off.
There are plans to create other racial skins.
- Some potential future ideas include undead and werewolf (lycan) skins.
- Costumes are not gender locked.
- Costumes are one piece outfits that cover an entire (gear) set.
- All hoods, whether part of a complete costume or individual gear, will have the option to be shown or hidden on the character by the player.
- Costumes do not include any weapons pictured.
- The dyeability of costumes depends on the specific costume.
Outside of wanting to keep maybe some identity from a lore perspective; for example if you have like a white lion's suit of armor, you may not want that white lion suit of armor to be black or blue. So, it's possible. It depends on the costume itself. – Steven Sharif
Gear inspection/ Threat assessment
- This will indicate the type of gear (cloth, leather, plate) that they are predominantly wearing.
- The border will indicate the level and quality of the tier set.
- This also indicates if the gear is enchanted.
- The developers believe that inspecting gear to obtain an exact equipment list or gear score may lead to "unwelcome behavior".
When you see a player approaching you and they're wearing a transmog you know you don't know if that person is a high damage mitigation against physical damage or against magical damage and essentially the way we overcome that is through you being able to target a player at a distance and they will have a buff that's present on them that you will see, which indicates that essentially the piece set that they are wearing. It is important for players to be able to ascertain from a threat assessment standpoint you know what they're going up against if they're actively checking that and that will be available. – Steven Sharif
Being by default able to see a person's "gear score" / equipment list... may cause unwelcome behavior.
- This can be the first or last name (family name).
- The name of the character's Guild is displayed next to their name.
- The character's nameplate will deteriorate to give an indication of how much damage they have taken.
- An icon will identify the character's class.
- Hovering over the user's nameplate will show information such as level, their class name and archetype combo.
- A buff icon indicates the character's gear and grade.
- Item durability loss occurs on death.
- Over enchanting an item comes with the risk of durability loss.
- Zero percent durability will unequip an item, increasing its repair costs.
- Base materials are required in order to repair decayed items.
The decay system is not going to be some worthless "Oh I'm just going to throw some gold into this and it's a simple gold sink". It's actually going to require some base materials in order to repair decayed items; and decay occurs from death and also the destruction and disable system. For the weapons over the over-enchanting will require those materials as well. So creating that dependency I think is healthy for the crafting economy. – Steven Sharif
There is durability in the game... It's not going to be a trivial durability. There is a potential to destroy gear (weapons and armor), but there is also an ability to reforge that destroyed gear using a portion of the materials necessary as well as finding an item creator who can reforge it. – Steven Sharif
- 0% durability will unequip items, increasing its repair cost.
- Damaged gear can be reforged at a player stall using a portion of the materials that were necessary to craft the item.
- There is no limit to the number of times an item can be repaired.
For example: if you have an iron sword and then the sword gets damaged from use, you have to use more iron to repair it; and what that does is... make sure that there's significant sinks in the game for base materials so that you are creating a scarcity and demand that's present on the creation of higher goods as well as supplying the necessary decay components for the world. – Steven Sharif
There is a small RNG chance of looting rare and legendary items or crafting materials from mobs based on the level, status and type of mob. This also applies to harvesting resources with a gathering profession.
- There is a much higher chance that materials and unique recipes are dropped that can be used to craft items of equitable value.
- Legendary equipment is only dropped by Legendary world bosses.
At each stage from Gatherer to Processor to Crafter you are required to have certain prerequisites before those elite types of materials can be essentially gathered, processed, or crafted. – Steven Sharif
- Gatherers must have high quality tools to gather rare resources.
- Processors must have high tier processing buildings on their freehold to produce rare materials.
- Crafters must also satisfy certain prerequisites to craft legendary equipment.
The amount of effort needed and interdependencies across the different types of players – between raiders and PvPers and crafters and even role players and the taverns and businesses: the processors and gatherers – all of those systems will likely have a component that lends toward creating or crafting that legendary item... We want to stay away from the highly RNGd system, and instead take our multiple progression paths that we are offering the players and put the construction components for achieving these legendary items within them so it encourages communities to work together because it's going to be difficult for just one person by themselves to gather everything. Not to say that they couldn't in an economic sense, by buying those components, that's possible. But achieving them from a time investment standpoint we want it to be considerably less RNG focussed. – Steven Sharif
There are absolutely legendary items and they're not items that are attained easily nor are they granted out in a volume. There might even be items that are single items that will exist on the server at any given time.
It will be a very ornate and detailed weapon, more so than any other weapon or piece of equipment in the game. It will also include some awesome looking effects that won't too gaudy, you know they won't be too bright and shiny so that it doesn't look good, but they will be subtle and people will notice it and know wow that guy has this weapon. – Steven Sharif
Legendary items are not intended to be temporary.
The fact there is only one of them... or very very few of them depending on what it is. I think that in and of itself is a balance component right and you need to make sure that the players who are striving for those legendary things and who are devoting the time energy, resources in order to achieve them are accurately rewarded... We do not intend on having legendary items that are temporary. – Steven Sharif
- Relíquias são colocadas no relicário de uma base.
- Atacantes que tenham sucesso em destruir uma base através de um cerco de Base terão acesso limitado às relíquias guardadas no relicário daquela base.
- The cooldown will be in the range of a few seconds.
For the MMORPG we want there to be some time between damage received or damage done before you can swap your weapon. It's not going to be substantial. It will maybe be a few seconds. – Steven Sharif
- Q: Will Ashes of Creation have player-to-player trading? Will there be anything stopping me from gifting a friend that's fresh to the game a bunch of in-game money to help them get on their feet quickly?
- A: There won't be anything to stop you from doing that. – Steven Sharif
Sharing gear with alts
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2020-01-30 (25:39).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-07-28 (24:54).
- Entrevista, 2020-07-19 (53:59).
- Vídeo, 2018-04-16 (1:32).
- PvX definition.
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-05-12 (24:52).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-05-05 (33:25).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-05-15 (14:05).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-06-01 (37:39).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-05-24 (14:15).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2018-05-04 (33:56).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-07-28 (45:21).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2018-05-04 (33:27).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-05-24 (18:40).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-12-15 (59:49).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2020-06-26 (1:08:11).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2018-02-09 (7:31).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2018-02-09 (15:01).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-07-28 (31:30).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2018-08-17 (20:19).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2018-08-17 (22:59).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2018-08-17 (22:33).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-11-17 (22:33).
- Entrevista, 2020-07-18 (1:02:08).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-11-17 (56:07).
- Podcast, 2018-08-04 (55:17).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2020-05-29 (1:33:11).
- Blog: 2019-02-28 State of the Game Live-stream and Mana-forged Armor
- Regalia of the Iron Lion.
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2018-09-27 (22:02).
- Entrevista, 2018-10-20 (2:24:21).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-05-15 (13:06).
- Entrevista, 2020-07-18 (52:57).
- Entrevista, 2018-08-24 (4:15).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-05-15 (26:13).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2018-06-04 (1:11:19).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2018-06-04 (21:37).
- Entrevista, 2020-07-18 (14:22).
- Entrevista, 2020-07-18 (16:34).
- Entrevista, 2020-07-29 (15:04).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-05-05 (20:41).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-05-17 (58:55).
- Entrevista, 2018-10-20 (2:53:52).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2020-05-29 (50:20).
- Entrevista, 2018-08-24 (5:28).
- Podcast, 2018-08-04 (53:43).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2018-02-09 (50:29).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2020-07-25 (54:10).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2019-11-22 (1:08:05).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-05-26 (19:51).
- Reddit Q&A, 8 January 2019.
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-07-18 (54:56).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-07-28 (9:47).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-09-03 (48:56).
- Entrevista, 2018-10-20 (3:34:46).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2019-05-30 (1:09:13).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2018-06-04 (19:48).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2020-01-30 (49:08).
- Entrevista, 2018-05-11 (16:32).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-06-30 (47:14).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-06-16 (40:06).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-07-28 (33:36).
- Vídeo, 2018-08-17 (0:01).
- Entrevista, 2020-07-18 (1:03:45).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2019-05-30 (1:15:58).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-07-28 (34:32).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-05-24 (13:19).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2018-02-09 (47:05).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2018-05-04 (45:37).
- Vídeo, 2020-09-30 (2:44).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2020-09-30 (47:47).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2019-07-26 (54:06).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-05-26 (44:11).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-05-26 (20:46).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-05-05 (14:45).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-05-24 (24:19).
- About Ashes of Creation.
- February 8, 2019 - Questions and Answers.
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-05-24 (24:20).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-05-12 (1:04:04).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2020-05-29 (1:42:43).
- Kickstarter 12k+ backers.
- Transmissão ao vivo, 8 April 2018 (AM) (4:47).
- Ashes of Creation Store: Vestments of the Runecarvers.
- Transmissão ao vivo, 8 April 2018 (PM) (18:48).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2020-08-28 (2:07:26).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2020-07-25 (53:08).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2020-06-26 (1:28:10).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-07-28 (1:34:55).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-07-28 (23:20).
- Entrevista, 2018-05-11 (2:45).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-05-22 (51:00).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2020-07-25 (1:33:37).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2020-01-30 (1:40:48).
- Podcast, 13 May 2017 (25:55).
- Entrevista, 2020-07-29 (16:46).
- Podcast, 2017-05-05 (43:05).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2020-08-28 (2:05:07).
- Entrevista, 2020-07-19 (51:11).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2020-09-30 (1:01:45).
- Entrevista, 2020-07-18 (1:00:15).
- Entrevista, 2020-07-19 (8:43).
- Entrevista, 2020-07-20 (21:57).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 8 April 2018 (PM) (55:49).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2020-07-25 (46:08).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-05-19 (44:18).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-05-15 (38:08).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2018-07-09 (25:34).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 8 April 2018 (PM) (51:49).
- Entrevista, 2020-07-18 (56:11).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-05-05 (28:09).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-05-12 (49:50).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2018-02-09 (29:26).
- Ashes of Creation - The visuals.
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-05-15 (10:32).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2018-01-18 (46:56).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-05-15 (18:25).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-05-15 (19:15).
- Podcast, 2017-05-04 (51:52).