Guild war features are currently still in the design stage, but the overall goal is for guild wars to be objective-based with great risk for each side.
- Guild war objectives are designed to be more fluid than castle siege objectives.
- Guild wars can be declared at any time, but the objectives will only spawn during server prime-time.
- Players can kill each other at any time during the war (not only during server prime-time).
- Guild wars will not be permanent. Definitive victory conditions exist that are based on the level of the warring guilds and the assets that those guilds have.
- I can't really define exactly what those features are yet because that design stage is still up in the air from a discussion standpoint. There's a lot of different ideas that relates to how those two can come into play, but I will say that in every MMO I've ever played guild wars are very binary. They're very like 'Okay you've declared, you have a number of kills to deaths and the guild war's over, thank you...' My objective to kind of change that dynamic is to include greater risk for the sides to initiate the war and also to make it more objective-based than just a binary kill death ratio; and the fortresses and guild halls come into that type of facilitating that change. – Steven Sharif
Guild war objectives
Guild war objectives spawn in the world based on the level of the guild war and the assets available to the guilds, whether it be a guild hall or guild fortress. There will be default objectives and then there'll be objectives that relate to the activities that a Guild has participated in.
- For example, if a guild has recently become owners of a guild hall on a freehold, objectives might be related to capturing a quest item in or around the guild hall that is only visible to the warring guild. Capturing this objective may require channeling time.
- There might be objectives to steal one of the quest items that the guild may have received from completing a raid.
- There may be bounty objectives to kill a particular guild member. The target may have increased damage mitigation and/or health against the warring guild and can call for help.
- If you have a guild hall and a certain type of guild war is declared that is maybe a higher stakes kind of war, some of those objectives will be centralized either at your guild hall, at the opponent's guild hall; could be a progression step towards the guild hall. It might be a specific a period of time that accumulates into into a central battle at the guild hall for an objective. – Steven Sharif
Death penalties do not apply to objective-based events (such as caravans, guild wars, and node sieges).
Objective-based PvP events such as node sieges, castle sieges, guild wars, and node wars will occur within a prime-time window somewhere between 3PM and 9PM server time. This is subject to testing.
- Guild wars and node wars can be declared at any time, but the objectives will only spawn during the prime-time window.
Guild war mechanics
Guild war mechanics include.
- A war declaration period.
- Objective based components.
- Victory and surrender conditions.
- Guilds may war multiple guilds/alliances at a time.
- Guild wars operate outside the PvP flagging system.
- We're taking guild politics to a whole new direction in regards to playing those conflicts out. – Steven Sharif
Fortalezas da guilda
Fortalezas da guilda are siegable guild halls within Ashes of Creation. These are different from nodes and castles.
- Guild fortresses are objectives in guild wars. These are contested on a regular basis.
- The developers will decide if guild fortresses will be implemented in the game or shelved.
The fortress design is also something that might be on the shelf. We haven't decided yet. We're going to look into it, but the idea behind the fortress is that this is a competitive kind of guild hall so to speak where you have to contend for it on a regular basis so to speak; or can be taken from you necessarily. Whereas the guild hall is a structure similar to freehold structure can only be taken through successful sieges against a node per-se are not taken but destroyed. – Steven Sharif
Uma tabela de classificação interna irá rankear as guildas baseado no seu desempenho nas guerras de guilda e nos cercos a castelo.
Quando a guilda participa de guerras entre guildas ou participa de cercos, você também poderá subir no rank na sua tabela de classificação interna da guilda para que você tenha direito de se gabar entre seus amigos'' – Steven Sharif
O desempenho em vários sistemas de Pvp (tais como Caravanas, Arena, Guerras Guild) é medido ao longo de 6 meses de temporadas de PvP. No final de cada temporada, a pontuação acumulada de um jogador pode desbloquear várias recompensas.
- Recompenças para melhoria de equipamentos.
- Ranks de conquistas.
- Poder de compra (moeda).
Gear enhancement rewards
Melhoria de equipamentos (power stones/runas) podem ser aplicadas a armas para adicionar outros tipos de dano elemental ou de energia.
É muito provável que tenhamos um sistema de runas e depois, teremos a capacidade de fazer encantamentos a armas fora disso também... Isso nem será sempre uma progressão vertical... Parte disso é desistir de algo para obter algo mais; por isso talvez eu dê menos danos físico, mas mais dano mágico, esse tipo de coisa. – Jeffrey Bard
- A progressão em vários sistemas de Pvp irá desbloquear pedras de encantamento que concedem benefícios temporários focados no PvP para o equipamento (através de um sistema de encaixe) O desempenho é medido ao longo de temporadas de PvP de seis meses.
Não é como se você fosse necessariamente adquirir essas melhorias uma vez e depois está pronto para o PvP no que diz respeito a seus encantamentos, mas em vez disso terá de participar continuamente mês após mês a fim de continuar a ter esses encantamentos encaixados nos seus slots. – Steven Sharif
Guild leaders can create an alliance at a certain level by completing a quest.
- Once created, the leader can invite up to three other guilds to this alliance, but this is subject to change.
- A guild may only be a member of one alliance.
- There is no member cap in an alliance, only a maximum of four guilds.
- Guild leaders will be able to pool resources into a guild alliance bank.
- There will be alliance specific quest lines.
- Alliance members will share a common chat channel.
- Alliances will have affiliations and gear that can be attained.
- Guilds may enter into trade agreements.
You can only invite a number of guilds to the alliance before you must form a new alliance; and then those alliance can have a de facto friendship but they won't have any game component of connection. What the alliance system would allow is pooling of resources into by guild leaders into an alliance guild alliance bank. Will allow certain participation in different quest lines. It will allow common area chat for members and it will allow affiliations and gear that can be attained as well. – Steven Sharif
We have a specific system that relates to being able to invite another guild into an alliance that sets a flag on those characters with regards to being able to combat them, being able to share a chat system with them, being able to participate in specific types of quests and/or alliance warehouses and guild homes; with regards to the relationship of castle sieges and participating in node warfare and node activities. If you're not in an alliance with someone, you're in a neutral state so to speak. You can have trade agreements between different guilds and then you can also have Guild Wars which shows a state of war between you guys. I think that's the baseline of how we're going to develop interaction between guilds. – Steven Sharif
Due to the lack of fast travel, guilds will need to plan to have people in the right place at the right time. Alliances with other guilds will help enable that.
There's going to be some mechanics at play that could have even Alliance Wars so to speak: A war between guilds and a war between alliances maybe. When we delve into the blog about Guild Wars we're going to talk about alliances. – Steven Sharif
Ashes of Creation may have specific content that revolves around Alliances.
- Progressão pathways within alliances.
- Guildas sharing common services with alliance members.
- Alliances can toggle relationships with nodes.
Content that revolves around alliances specifically and progression within the development of that alliance; and the ability to share some common services between guilds that are part of that alliance. I think that additionally allowing alliances to toggle certain relationships with nodes as an interaction is beneficial. That's going to provide an interesting dynamic for players who are either members of the particular node that has the relationship established or members of the Alliance. So I think that obviously building systems is is about creating the channels by which these players can form bonds and the more layers you have around those you know channels of bonding between the different guilds or players, the more sustainable that relationship. – Steven Sharif
Uma árvore de afiliações determina quais entidades podem participar em ataques contra outras entidades dentro de sua hierarquia. 
- Node citizenship.
There's node citizenship. There's guild. There's alliance. There's party. There's raid. There's family. All of these types of affiliations have a hierarchy. The highest of which is your node affiliation: So your citizenship is your greatest superceding relationship, which means if you were a part of a guild and the guild has multiple nodes in which its members are citizens of, if there was a war between two of those nodes, the members of those nodes would be first and foremost citizens who defend that node, even against their own guild members. – Steven Sharif
All of these things have some hierarchy; and within that hierarchy there's the ability to participate within certain systems. So for example, if you have a node that has fallen under your vassal state and you're a citizen of the parent node, then you could participate in a siege against the vassal node but if you're a citizen of the vassal node you could not participate as an attacker against the parent node; so there's a hierarchy, unless you were to renounce your citizenship. – Steven Sharif
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 Podcast, 2018-08-04 (1:54:15).
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 Podcast, 2018-08-18 (1:12:34).
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2
- ↑ Transmissão ao vivo, 2020-12-22 (1:08:41).
- ↑ Transmissão ao vivo, 2020-12-22 (1:13:51).
- ↑ Entrevista, 2020-07-29 (31:05).
- ↑ Entrevista, 2020-07-18 (13:13).
- ↑ Entrevista, 2020-07-08 (22:37).
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 9.2 Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-05-22 (52:01).
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 10.2 Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-05-15 (17:20).
- ↑ Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-06-01 (35:42).
- ↑ 13.0 13.1 13.2 Entrevista, 2019-04-21 (45:45).
- ↑ 14.0 14.1 Entrevista, 2020-07-29 (14:28).
- ↑ 15.0 15.1 15.2 15.3 15.4 Entrevista, 2020-07-18 (16:34).
- ↑ Transmissão ao vivo, 2018-06-04 (1:11:19).
- ↑ 17.0 17.1 Transmissão ao vivo, 2018-06-04 (21:37).
- ↑ 18.0 18.1 18.2 18.3 Entrevista, 2020-07-18 (14:22).
- ↑ 19.0 19.1 19.2 Entrevista, 2018-08-08 (16:12).
- ↑ Transmissão ao vivo, 2021-06-25 (1:25:55).
- ↑ Transmissão ao vivo, 2021-06-25 (1:29:26).
- ↑ 22.0 22.1 22.2 22.3 22.4 Entrevista, 2018-08-08 (17:13).
- ↑ 23.0 23.1 23.2 23.3 Transmissão ao vivo, 2019-01-11 (1:04:32).
- ↑ Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-05-05 (23:26).
- ↑ Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-05-26 (36:17).
- ↑ 26.0 26.1 26.2 26.3 26.4 Podcast, 2018-05-11 (21:07).
- ↑ 27.0 27.1 27.2 27.3 27.4 27.5 27.6 27.7 Transmissão ao vivo, 2019-03-29 (17:10).
- ↑ 28.0 28.1 28.2 28.3 28.4 28.5 28.6 28.7 28.8 Entrevista, 2018-05-11 (58:07).