Fortalezas da guilda
- A war declaration period.
- Objective based components.
- Victory and surrender conditions.
- Guilds may war multiple guilds/alliances at a time.
- Guild wars operate outside the PvP flagging system.
Guild war objectives
I can't really define exactly what those features are yet because that design stage is still up in the air from a discussion standpoint. There's a lot of different ideas that relates to how those two can come into play, but I will say that in every MMO I've ever played guild wars are very binary. They're very like 'Okay you've declared, you have a number of kills to deaths and the guild war's over, thank you...' My objective to kind of change that dynamic is to include greater risk for the sides to initiate the war and also to make it more objective-based than just a binary kill death ratio; and the fortresses and guild halls come into that type of facilitating that change. – Steven Sharif
Objectives spawn in the world based on the level of the guild war and the assets available to the guilds, whether it be a guild hall or guild fortress. There will be default objectives and then there'll be objectives that relate to the activities that a Guild has participated in.
- For example, if a guild has recently become owners of a guild hall on a freehold, objectives might be related to capturing a quest item in or around the guild hall that is only visible to the warring guild. Capturing this objective may require channeling time.
- There might be objectives to steal one of the quest items that that the guild may have received from completing a raid.
- There may be bounty objectives to kill a particular guild member. The target may have increased damage mitigation and/or health against the warring guild and can call for help.
If you have a guild hall and a certain type of guild war is declared that is maybe a higher stakes kind of war, some of those objectives will be centralized either at your guild hall, at the opponent's guild hall; could be a progression step towards the guild hall. It might be a specific a period of time that accumulates into into a central battle at the guild hall for an objective. – Steven Sharif
Salões da guilda
- A guild hall only houses a single guild.
- Guild halls are objectives in guild wars.
- Guild halls may be placed on guild freeholds.
- In-node guild halls may only be claimed by patron guilds of that node. These have different perks and benefits to halls placed on freehold plots.
Guildhalls are the ultimate expression of a guild's power! In Ashes these structures will serve as focal points for a guild, offering any guilds who construct them a whole host of benefits as well as customization options.
- Allow guilds to participate in the shareholder system.
Castelos da guilda
- Guildas have a period of time to level up in order to siege these castles.
- These castles will be very difficult to take from the NPCs.
- Castle nodes around NPC run castles will not be present.
- Levying taxes for the purposes of defense (additional to taxes already imposed by node governments).
- Activating events and abilities that progress node citizens.
- Unlocking additional types of buildings in nodes.
There are levers and dials that are present to both the owners of Castles as well as the elected officials of Nodes that during their administration they have the ability to impact and influence the region around them. – Steven Sharif
- Podcast, 4 August 2018 (1:54:15).
- Livestream, 22 May 2017 (52:01).
- Livestream, 15 May 2017 (17:20).
- Livestream, 1 June 2017 (35:42).
- Podcast, 18 August 20189 (1:12:34).
- Livestream, 28 July 2017 (18:07).
- Livestream, 22 May 2017 (56:48).
- Livestream, 28 February 2020 (1:06:51).
- Livestream, 19 May 2017 (51:20).
- Blog: 10 facts about castle sieges in the MMORPG.
- Podcast, 23 April 2018 (21:55).
- Podcast, 5 May 2017 (52:32).
- Livestream, 17 November 2017 (49:30).
- Interview, 11 May 2018 (47:27).