What you find in the Narratives category is where you’ll find most of what you might call traditional quests. Because we’re jettisoning filler, we’ll have the resources to craft a really excellent story, with gameplay that reflects the scope of that story.
Player driven narrative
The world of Verra will be the same on each server, but Bases will develop differently. Different servers will have different narratives. Things that happen on one server may not happen on another.
We want as many people as possible to experience the main server Narrative. These will branch at different scales, but largely at the personal level. Where things change is at the Node level – different parts of the story will be unlocked based on where and when Nodes grow. Unlocking a part of the story in a certain way locks out progression of the story in a different way. You’ll see different antagonists, different NPCs, and different calls to action depending on what’s happening with the server at that time.
It kind of redefines what the players will experience in an MMORPG to come into a wilderness that is devoid of really any structure outside of what the community creates themselves; and then what can be created can be changed, if they want to experience a storyline that's been seen on another server, but you know you're fighting a dragon because you're near a mountain and the other server's fighting a Kraken because they're near the coast and you want to fight that Kraken because of its drop table. If you want to meta it or because you just want that under your belt: to be the server first to take out that Kraken and you have yet to develop the node there, you know it's incumbent upon you to manifest that in the game. – Steven Sharif
- Personal quest lines.
- Cultural quest lines.
- Regional quest lines.
All of the events are based around storytelling. All of the the narrative quests are based around storytelling. All the organizational quests are based around storytelling. You know the game is built from a story basically, so we want to make sure that there's context and relevancy for all of the actions that you're doing in the game. – Jeffrey Bard
Even player driven mechanics will still have story components. There will be a reason why the player driven mechanic is available or required of the player; so you know every system that's created touches a story. – Steven Sharif
Every stage a node develops it's unlocking narratives, storylines, it's changing the spawn population of the area around it, changing what bosses exist, it's triggering events where you may have legendary dragons attack the city. It's basically writing the story of the server based on the actions and determination of the players. So, you may experience a dungeon one month earlier and have a completely different story that relates to this location the next month, because something has changed either geopolitically or from the node standpoint. – Steven Sharif
- Mayors require certain resources.
- Edificações are required within a node.
- Social organization tasks need to be completed.
Missões de História
- A possibilidade de tentar novamente após falhar uma missão dependerá da progressão de base.
- Missões envolvendo cidadãos de diversas Bases são liberadas de acordo com alianças e outras relações entre as bases e sua progressão.
Haverão muitas missões diferentes com estágios no desenrolar da história; e esses estágios podem falhar. Você pode falhar uma história, o que é horrível se você parar pra pensar mas, ao mesmo tempo, é um risco que torna o seu investimento muito mais importante. – Steven Sharif
- MMOGames interview, January 2017
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-05-19 (37:03).
- Interview: Ashes of Creation on Building Their Virtual World, 13 April 2017.
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-05-22 (28:02).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2018-01-18 (39:08).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2019-05-30 (1:18:16).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2019-12-17 (1:10:30).
- Vídeo, 2018-04-05 (35:01).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-10-31 (29:50).
- Entrevista, 2018-10-20 (2:36:25).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2020-07-25 (1:50:20).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-05-15 (20:58).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-05-08 (50:32).