- There is a balance between Pvp and PvE in Ashes of Creation.
- All stats relate to a player's combat effectiveness in PvX.
- There won't be separate PvE and Pvp servers but some servers may be more PvP focused than others.
- There will not be different Pvp and PvE gear types.
- Progressão in the game might require PvE elements.
We're very clear with our objective and philosophy on the game and we understand that they may not appeal to everybody. But you know it is an important reciprocal relationship between the content that's related to PvE and the content that's related to PvP and they feed off of each other. They're catalysts for change: Their progression, their development. It's things that people can value when they see something earned and they see something lost. That elicits an emotional response from the player: That they've invested time in to either succeed or fail; and PvP allows for that element to be introduced into gameplay. And we're very clear that is our objective: That risk versus reward relationship, that achievement-based mentality. Not everybody's going to be a winner and that's okay. – Steven Sharif
- 1 Pvp
- 2 PvE
- 3 Gameplay videos
- 4 Gameplay screenshots
- 5 Ver também
- 6 Referências
O Pvp (combate jogador vs jogador) é o catalisador para a mudança no Ashes of Creation. O combate entre jogadores pretende ser significativo, desde batalhas de Caravanas até vastos conflitos mundiais abertos disputados pelo orgulho de Reis e Rainhas.
Os jogadores são motivados por coisas diferentes, porque querem algo do jogo que os outros jogadores não querem, isso vai fazer com que as pessoas tenham desavenças. Jogadores diferentes vão querer experiências diferentes e o conflito entre os dois vai criar uma coisa maior e melhor. Da briga vem o renascimento e isso é um símbolo central, é um tema central que ocorre durante todo o jogo. – Jeffrey Bard
Só porque nosso sistema de sinalização dá corrupção aos pkers, não significa que o PvP não vai acontecer. Há muitas razões para o PvP ocorrer em um mundo aberto. Recursos escassos, áreas de caça no mundo aberto, caravanas, cercos, guerras entre guildas, etc. – Steven Sharif
- Players will not be able to see the exact contents of a caravan before they decide to attack or defend, however there will be some visual hints to the cargo of the caravan, such as gold, silver, or iron visible on top of the caravan.
- Players will be able to state their intentions to attack, defend or ignore via a user interface window.
- The proximity that the UI window appears is determined by the player's performance as either a defender or an attacker in previous raids.
- A group will be required to successfully attack a caravan.
- A caravan will persist in the world for a period of 5 to 10 minutes from the time its owner logs out or is disconnected from the server.
It's still intended from a design standpoint to be a window that is presented to the player based on proximity; and that proximity it can be greater depending on your performance as either a defender or an attacker in previous raids. – Steven Sharif
- A quest system will track a player's successful or failed defenses and attacks. This will provide rewards that scale up over time based on the player's history.
- Other incentives are social and are created (informally) between players.
The caravan defender role is going to have its own progression questing and rewards associated with it that are going to attract a certain subset of players and then you know vice-versa wise we're going to have incentives that appeal to the more highway brigand type players; and you know you might not always be on one side or the other: that might change depending on what your interests are in the at the time. But obviously you know those types of systems need to have robust you know consequential type rewards and benefits associated with them in order to compel the player; and that's something obviously we're going to test in alphas and betas and see how performant it is in actually attracting players to participate and make sure it's not just one-sided so-to-speak. – Steven Sharif
Also the hope would be that the people who are running the caravans can offer their own rewards that "Hey if you come help me defend this thing I'll give you some cut", or that these are my friends or these are my guilds- that a lot of the sort of incentive is social and created between players. – Jeffrey Bard
Cercos do castelo
- Sieges occur once a month within a server prime-time window.
- The minimum goal is for 250x250 players to be on a single battlefield. It is hoped that this can be increased to 500x500 over time.
- Castle sieges (in the final release) may or may not be instanced.
Each week leading up to the siege week... is a week that's dedicated to one of the three castle dedicated nodes. So around the castle there are three nodes. They represent week, one, two, and three; and then the fourth week is the siege against the castle. Those can only be elevated up to stage three. We've discussed this in the past and there's definitely information out there on the community ran wiki. – Steven Sharif
- In the first three weeks that a guild occupies a castle they will need to level up each of their castle nodes to Vilarejo stage through questing.
- The fourth week is declaration week, where other guilds have the opportunity to lay down their declaration flag or to sign up as a defender of the castle.
- Depending on how well the guild defends their castle nodes results in better defenses for the castle.
- Different siege weaponry will grant the attackers the ability to destroy walls, doors and sections of the castle in order to gain access to the inner keep area.
- When castles change hands (following a siege), some taxes stay with the castle and some stay with the guild.
There will be benefits to attracting people... even if they're not in your guild or alliance – kind of a feudal like system, where you can attract other players who are just independent of this whole politic. They will have things to do there - benefits to receive - and there will be a reciprocal relationship between who you can attract, what they do for you; and how that benefits you and them. – Steven Sharif
Alpha-1 castle sieges
- Players will be able to join guilds. These guilds can register for the siege events.
- Castle siege events will be 100v100 battles that occur daily and will last for three hours.
- Attackers will start on the opposite end of the map (from the defenders).
- Attackers will be able to use trebuchets to drive to and assault the castle.
- When the attackers have breached the castle they will be able to channel a cast on the relic in the throne room to try to capture the castle from the defenders.
- The victors of castle sieges will receive benefits, such as cloaks, flying mounts for guild leaders and potentially also for guild officers.
- Alpha-1 castle sieges are in a separate zone that is accessible via a NPC teleporter.
- Currently the siege zone is actually in the open world, but separated by mountains and off in the sea a bit. There is actually no instancing in A1, although the siege zone will only be accessible in A1 through a registration NPC teleporter. – Steven Sharif
- The opposing team is notified when these raid bosses are being attacked.
- Teams who get the last hit on these bosses will receive buffs that will help them in the siege battle.
Last year, I spoke of attempting to incorporate sieges into the Alpha One experience. This has obviously been a goal of mine because it provides considerable data and a consistent event within the world that players can participate in to help stress test the deployment. Well, I am happy to say that it is appearing more and more likely by the day! Initial implementation of the Apocalypse siege code has been migrated into the Alpha One client, and we should begin internal testing next month. I will caveat this expectation with the fact that we are cutting it a bit close from an internal QA standpoint, but I have some confidence that the system will be online and capable of inclusion for the Alpha One test in the month of June. The siege component will obviously not be representative of what the siege system will be at launch, or even in Alpha Two. – Steven Sharif
- Destructible structures (such as walls and gates) are present in Alpha-1 castle sieges.
Cercos de base
Cercos de base permitem que os jogadores destruam bases. Isso abre o caminho para novos desenvolvimentos e o acesso a conteúdos bloqueados nas bases próximas. Devido a essa dinâmica, o conflito político e a intriga fazem um papel importante na estrutura do mundo.
- Guild war objectives are designed to be more fluid than castle siege objectives.
- Guild wars will not be permanent. Definitive victory conditions exist that are based on the level of the warring guilds and the assets that those guilds have.
I can't really define exactly what those features are yet because that design stage is still up in the air from a discussion standpoint. There's a lot of different ideas that relates to how those two can come into play, but I will say that in every MMO I've ever played guild wars are very binary. They're very like 'Okay you've declared, you have a number of kills to deaths and the guild war's over, thank you...' My objective to kind of change that dynamic is to include greater risk for the sides to initiate the war and also to make it more objective-based than just a binary kill death ratio; and the fortresses and guild halls come into that type of facilitating that change. – Steven Sharif
Objectives spawn in the world based on the level of the guild war and the assets available to the guilds, whether it be a guild hall or guild fortress. There will be default objectives and then there'll be objectives that relate to the activities that a Guild has participated in.
- For example, if a guild has recently become owners of a guild hall on a freehold, objectives might be related to capturing a quest item in or around the guild hall that is only visible to the warring guild. Capturing this objective may require channeling time.
- There might be objectives to steal one of the quest items that the guild may have received from completing a raid.
- There may be bounty objectives to kill a particular guild member. The target may have increased damage mitigation and/or health against the warring guild and can call for help.
If you have a guild hall and a certain type of guild war is declared that is maybe a higher stakes kind of war, some of those objectives will be centralized either at your guild hall, at the opponent's guild hall; could be a progression step towards the guild hall. It might be a specific a period of time that accumulates into into a central battle at the guild hall for an objective. – Steven Sharif
- Hunting grounds refer to killing monsters or NPCs in the open-world.
- This also refers to contesting resources.
One of the interesting components of Ashes of Creation and our flagging system is that it presents the potential for two conflicting parties to have open conflict in the open world over pretty much anything that they may want or disagree with; and if that pertains to a hunting ground, not just the caravan or the castles or the nodes or whatever, it can exist in that area. – Steven Sharif
Outside of PvP for certain things like caravans, sieges of nodes and/or castles is that you're going to have those open-world hunting ground fights that may occur. You're going to have resources fights that may occur. You're going to have political fights that may occur between members of guilds; and we're taking the guild politics to a whole new direction in regards to playing those conflicts out. – Steven Sharif
Our PvP mechanics follow a flagging system, as well as static PvP zones at certain points of interest; fight for control over cities, castles, caravans, or hunting grounds. Our PvP is designed to offer the players a well-balanced and fair world to shape through the pen, or sword should they choose.
- The result of events (such as guild wars or node wars) between the parties.
- When the ships move into an area that automatically flags them for combat.
- As the result of open-world PvP, utilizing the flagging and corruption system.
- As arenas terão 1x1, 3x3, 5x5 e possivelmente um Free-For-All de 20x20 (Deathmatch).
- Não haverão especificamente arenas de guilda vs guilda porém, um matchmaking baseado em equipas, permitirá um grupo enfrentar outro grupo.
- Haverá um sistema de rank de arena.
- As recompensas para os ranks de arena serão reveladas mais tarde.
- Títulos poderão ser recebidos por participação em arenas.
- Pontos de arena que podem ser usados para comprar equipamento não estão planejados no momento.
- Os Prefeitos de bases militares são escolhidos entre os cidadãos através de um "last man standing" (estilo arena gladiatorial).
- O sistema de arena poderá suportar combate cross-server.
- As arenas serão instanciadas mas podem haver espectadores através de uma interface.
There is going to be a lot of PvE content for all portions of the playerbase... Part of that risk versus reward: Your risk is your time you're putting in to having a chance at getting the reward and successfully completing; and that should feel good based on how much time you devote. Now I know that there's a spectrum of casual and hard-core players in the time there, what we can do, but that's why we have many different content paths that play towards how you affect the world around you. – Steven Sharif
Alpha-1 PvE content
- There are over 200 quests in Alpha-1.
- Approximately 10 percent of the artisan system will be online in Alpha-1.
- There are approximately 49 unique gear sets obtainable in Alpha-1.
- There is no instancing in Alpha-1.
- Approximately 6 or 7 dungeons with one almost raid-level difficulty.
- Two world bosses requiring party-sized groups.
- One true 40 person raid boss.
- Alpha-1 castle sieges occur in a zone that is accessible via a NPC teleporter.
There's over 200 quests in the game right now. There's a bunch of dungeons. We've retooled all of the boss fights. Those dragons that you see in the siege are also in the world- part of the open-world too. There will be a slightly different- there are some extra mechanics in the siege versions versus the ones that are in the world, but there's plenty of cool things to get on both of them, so make sure you check them out and hunt them down. – Jeffrey Bard
- All three categories of quests will be available from a variety of local, hidden and discovered sources, such as bulletin boards and NPC quest givers.
We’re going to be breaking up what is traditionally called ‘questing’ into three different categories: Narratives, Events, and Tasks. We want to avoid going down the path of trying to force narrative into gameplay where it doesn’t really fit (ie: filler stuff that doesn’t really relate to what’s happening in the world).
- Open world dungeons will be populated to facilitate multiple groups within the dungeon.
- Instanced dungeons will also be present and will cater for solo and group questlines.
There are going to be smaller, simpler, linear dungeons. There's going to be bigger, more complex, nonlinear dungeons. So, It's a little bit of both. We want the environment to be a character. In order for the environment to be a character, these places need to be interesting and there needs to be a dynamicism to them. – Jeffrey Bard
Dungeon difficulty will increase the further a player ventures into the dungeon.
- Mobs and mob mechanics will become more difficult.
- Terrain and environmental dangers will increase.
We want things to be more fluid and one of the ways that we make them more fluid is through our triggered event system. That is one of the methods by which we make these more spontaneous. We make them more accessible to a wider audience. You can be just in the city and not normally be a part of a raid team, but now get to participate in this organic event that's kind of popped up around the city and if you are not participating then buildings are gonna get destroyed and NPCs are going to die... It's not just how fast can we do it, how will we get it done in its schedule, but oh my god this thing popped up if we don't kill it we're not going to access to our stables this week and we can't get our animal husbandry certificates... It's that risk versus reward that gives you a sense of adrenaline. – Steven Sharif
- 2021-07-30 Livestream
- 2021-07-14 Guide to Alpha-1
- 2021-05-28 Video - Early Siege Gameplay in 4K
- 2021-05-28 Livestream
- 2021-04-30 Video - 4K - Alpha One Raid Boss - April Update
- 2021-04-30 Livestream
- 2021-03-26 Livestream
- 2021-02-26 Video - 4K - Alpha One Gameplay Update
- 2021-02-26 Livestream
- 2020-12-22 Video - 4K Alpha-1 Preview - Level 10 Boss Fight Footage
- 2020-12-22 Livestream
- 2020-10-30 Livestream
- 2020-09-30 Video - 4K Footage of Aquatic Mounts
- 2020-05-31 Video - Pre-Alpha Gameplay in 4K
- 2020-04-30 Livestream
- 2020-03-27 Development Update + Alpha One Early Preview Livestream
- 2020-03-23 Ashes of Creation - Alpha One Early Preview
- 2019-10-12 Apocalypse gaming session with some lite QnA Livestream
- 2019-10-02 Apocalypse QnA and Gaming Session Late Night Edition Livestream
- 2019-09-30 Apocalypse Gaming Session Late Night Edition Livestream (Part II)
- 2019-09-30 Apocalypse Gaming Session Late Night Edition Livestream (Part I)
- 2019-09-24 Video - Ashes of Creation Apocalypse early access trailer
- 2019-08-21 Video - Ashes of Creation MMORPG Teaser
- 2019-03-08 Video - Ashes of Creation Apocalypse Castle Siege Gameplay
- 2019-03-08 Livestream
- 2018-12-13 Livestream
- 2018-12-06 Video - Ashes of Creation Apocalypse
- 2018-12-06 Livestream
- 2018-10-31 Livestream
- 2018-09-27 Livestream
- 2018-09-01 Video - Ashes of Creation Apocalypse Alpha Gameplay
- 2018-08-17 Video - Ashes of Creation Apocalypse - First Look at Action Combat
- 2018-04-04 Video - PAX East Pre-Alpha Gameplay
- 2018-02-09 Livestream
- 2017-12-15 Livestream
- 2017-05-30 Video - Pre-alpha Mage gameplay
- 2017-05-25 Video - Monster coin system
- Vídeo, 2018-04-16 (1:32).
- Podcast, 2021-04-11 (38:31).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-05-12 (24:52).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-05-05 (33:25).
- MMORPG Interview, 12 December 2016.
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-05-15 (14:05).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-06-01 (37:39).
- Vídeo, 2020-05-31 (1:09:50).
- About Ashes of Creation.
- Ashes of Creation FAQ.
- Vídeo, 2017-04-30 (5:31).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2020-12-22 (1:13:51).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2020-03-28 (1:27:28).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2021-01-29 (1:25:14).
- Entrevista, 2020-03-27 (16:19).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-05-22 (40:40).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-05-15 (45:20).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-05-22 (40:41).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2020-07-25 (55:32).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2021-08-27 (1:22:56).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2021-02-26 (1:16:21).
- Vídeo, 2021-05-28 (25:44).
- Blog: 10 facts about castle sieges in the MMORPG.
- Entrevista, 2020-07-29 (31:05).
- Entrevista, 2020-07-18 (13:13).
- Podcast, 2021-04-11 (49:40).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2021-04-30 (41:18).
- Blog: Creative Director's Letter, April 14 2021
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2020-08-28 (1:43:03).
- Podcast, 2018-04-23 (21:55).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-08-23 (23:00).
- Podcast, 2018-04-23 (15:14).
- Vídeo, 2021-05-28 (24:44).
- Vídeo, 2021-04-30 (19:25).
- Vídeo, 2021-05-28 (19:04).
- Vídeo, 2021-04-30 (13:02).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2021-05-28 (1:04:29).
- Vídeo, 2016-12-04 (0:02).
- Blog - Know Your Nodes - Advance and Destroy.
- A reactive world - Nodes.
- Podcast, 2018-08-04 (1:54:15).
- Podcast, 2018-08-18 (1:12:34).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2020-12-22 (1:08:41).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2018-07-09 (44:56).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-11-17 (45:17).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-06-01 (35:42).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-05-19 (24:17).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2021-04-30 (1:06:41).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-08-23 (16:44).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-05-05 (16:53).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-05-26 (48:12).
- Podcast, 2018-05-11 (52:20).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-05-26 (29:13).
- Entrevista, 2020-03-27 (11:04).
- Vídeo, 2018-04-04 (0:01).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 8 April 2018 (PM) (1:14:01).
- Podcast, 2018-07-09 (22:24).
- Blog: Creative Director's Letter, October 16 2020
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2021-03-26 (42:28).
- Entrevista, 2021-02-07 (35:30).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2021-03-26 (39:08).
- Vídeo, 2020-05-31 (6:25).
- Vídeo, 2020-05-31 (5:25).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-05-15 (20:58).
- MMOGames interview, January 2017
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2021-09-24 (1:22:01).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2018-01-18 (16:34).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2018-02-09 (4:42).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-06-01 (39:21).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2017-05-22 (20:59).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2018-09-27 (43:21).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2020-03-28 (1:48:36).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 2020-04-30 (1:32:06).
- Vídeo, 2020-05-31 (1:40:18).
- Vídeo, 2020-05-31 (1:17:42).
- Podcast, 2018-04-23 (27:14).
- Vídeo, 2020-05-31 (17:20).
- Transmissão ao vivo, 8 April 2018 (PM) (1:09:37).